Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 May 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Mycaseispacked
Getting Excited

I’m jumping onboard ready for the autumn! Will be looking for 8th August to roughly 31st (could go for 1st September if the price is right). Will likely be looking indirect with a budget of £500pp 2 adults 3 children. Heathrow preferably!
Mycaseispacked is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Same here hopefully and would like to get them for £600 direct and a lot less than that to consider indirect. I think I may be dreaming although have heard that coming back in September helps
I had a look at Thomascook earlier and could get 16 night flights (19/8-4/9) for just under £600pp (based on 3 adults) but for the 3 weeks it was over £800pp. We will probably go indirect and hoping for a flydrive for around £1500 or £400pp for flight only. We don't mind where we fly out from as long as we come back into Manchester. Coming back in September usually comes up cheaper but we schools possibly not going back until the 7th that might keep the prices up.
Old 1 May 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
smi
Excited about Disney

I’m in. We are looking for 20.8.20 for 2 weeks for 9 people. 7 adults 2 children. We want direct from Manchester
smi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by elmspenguin View Post
I had a look at Thomascook earlier and could get 16 night flights (19/8-4/9) for just under £600pp (based on 3 adults) but for the 3 weeks it was over £800pp. We will probably go indirect and hoping for a flydrive for around £1500 or £400pp for flight only. We don't mind where we fly out from as long as we come back into Manchester. Coming back in September usually comes up cheaper but we schools possibly not going back until the 7th that might keep the prices up.
I have a bad feeling that toe TC flights will be the best I could have got. I am also wanting Manchester and don't want fly drive so I am setting myself a hard task I think.

I have also heard booking at Christmas gets good deals but I aren't sure how true this is?
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smi View Post
I’m in. We are looking for 20.8.20 for 2 weeks for 9 people. 7 adults 2 children. We want direct from Manchester
Those are the same dates I have booked for. We got Thomas Cook flights from Manchester, 2 adults, 2 teens (17 and 13) for £2100 including baggage.

Not sure what the prices are like now
kathrynmc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
I have a bad feeling that toe TC flights will be the best I could have got. I am also wanting Manchester and don't want fly drive so I am setting myself a hard task I think.

I have also heard booking at Christmas gets good deals but I aren't sure how true this is?
We booked just before Christmas one year and got a good deal but our cheapest were in October, the deals with BA holidays for the last couple of years seem to be have been cheapest around the 11 month mark, if you don't need a flydrive have a look at BA holidays when they are released and add 1 night hotel to the flights and this can result in some good prices and gives you a deposit only option.
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

Just out of curiosity, what happens if you subscribe to the thread? I’d like to keep an eye on this thread as we need flights for approx 14 Aug - 1 Sep, but my children don’t know about the holiday, so I don’t want notifications popping up on my iPad screen!

I assume lots of us are doing the same, so is it ‘safe’ to subscribe to threads on here? Or do I need to check some settings to make sure notifications stay within the Dibb?
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
gizmodo
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I'm looking for flights for end of August. To be back on 27th August. I'm a teacher. I need some time to get ready and over the jet lag.

I've been tracking August 2019 flights since they released last year.

I'm looking for direct only. With baggage.

I didn't write it down as separate flights/hotels at the time, but I believe the best price I've seen was at the start of October, just after the September sale had finished! That was BA. Based on the hotel, I think it was about £3k for 4.

After that I got a price of £3300 in February. Again... BA. 2a 2c.

Otherwise its fluctuated between 3600 and 4k for BA and anywhere up to 5k for virgin!
gizmodo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
Just out of curiosity, what happens if you subscribe to the thread? I’d like to keep an eye on this thread as we need flights for approx 14 Aug - 1 Sep, but my children don’t know about the holiday, so I don’t want notifications popping up on my iPad screen!

I assume lots of us are doing the same, so is it ‘safe’ to subscribe to threads on here? Or do I need to check some settings to make sure notifications stay within the Dibb?
I'm not sure tbh hopefully someone will enlighten us
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 19, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gizmodo View Post
I'm looking for flights for end of August. To be back on 27th August. I'm a teacher. I need some time to get ready and over the jet lag.

I've been tracking August 2019 flights since they released last year.

I'm looking for direct only. With baggage.

I didn't write it down as separate flights/hotels at the time, but I believe the best price I've seen was at the start of October, just after the September sale had finished! That was BA. Based on the hotel, I think it was about £3k for 4.

After that I got a price of £3300 in February. Again... BA. 2a 2c.

Otherwise its fluctuated between 3600 and 4k for BA and anywhere up to 5k for virgin!
Which airport I am pretty sure that Glasgow is cheaper than that for those dates?