Go Back   theDIBB > Welcome to theDIBB > Latest
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Latest Latest articles from theDIBB home page.
Unread 20 Jun 19, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Griff_389
slightly serious Dibber

If they run this in WDW in September, Im hoping the mobile networks or park WiFi can cope with everyone on the app at 6am.

I like the idea of getting a time to come back, so I dont have to queue, other than the long entry queue.

Sounds like people may already be looking for ways around it. Perhaps go there, pick up a time slot, then leave and go elsewhere.

It will be interesting to know if it picks up someone being in the park, as oppose to outside in the queue booking a time slot.
Griff_389 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Universal Endless Summer in...
Unread 21 Jun 19, 06:19 AM  
Link to this Post
lexie32
Apprentice Imagineer

[QUOTE=Griff_389;13913079]

It will be interesting to know if it picks up someone being in the park, as oppose to outside in the queue booking a time slot.[/QUOTE

Surely it will know by people scanning their magic bands into the park
Jan 1997 - May 2003 - QIP, May 2004 - Wyndham /HRH, Sept 2005 - Windsor Palms, May 2007 - Windsor Hills, May 2008 - WiH/HRH, May 2009 - CP/ WL /Bradenton, May/June 2010 - CP/ YC/Bradenton May/June 2011 P.E & Sunset Lakes, May/June 2012 YC/AKL, May/June 2013 Sheraton ViV HRH &YC May 2014 Sandpearl , Rennaisance SW & PBH, May 2016 BC and Sandpearl, Oct 2017 BC. Aug 2019 Miami & Wilderness Lodge Aug 2020 Keys and Hard Rock
lexie32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Sandpearl, TBD and Hard Rock Orlando
Unread 21 Jun 19, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Robblps
slightly serious Dibber

As for the booking outside part, I go in November and was just thinking that. Have a day chilling by the pool, join the boarding group from the hotel, go to HS in the evening. Job done.

If I was in a hotel that was hooked up with the cable cars, i'd just get the ride there, join the queue and get the cable car back to the hotel. Then go back for like 4pm and spend the late afternoon/evening in the park
Robblps is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 19, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
slightly serious Dibber

Even though SWGE in Disneyland has already been open for a month.

Disneyland's 'Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge' Crowds Reach Capacity Within 20 Minutes on Opening Day

hollywoodreporter/he...ng-day-1220568

A small number of people lined up from 3am according to their tweets. Although seems most arrived around 6am for an 8am opening.

Edited at 05:25 PM.
AliceCooper9 is online now Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 24 Jun 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
shack69
Imagineer

I am sat at home and just looked on the disneyland app and it says that the estimated land wait is early afternoon. So as other reports are that all entries had gone they must be releasing some each hour at its 10am LA time currently.
Now I'm sure your asking how can i do this from home. On my android phone i have installed fake GPS and then set the location to disneyland. After doing this i can goto the join boarding group. But as i don't have a ticket to scan I can't go any further. So I can not test if they do a check to see if the ticket holder has actually gone thought the turnstiles. It would be good if someone who is in Anaheim with tickets could possibly test that.
shack69 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 19, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
kennycapes
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by AliceCooper9 View Post
I think if WDW use this virtual system it will make the line before opening even worse for 29th-31st August.
When people realise that by 6am or even before all the boarding passes are gone. People will arrive earlier and earlier.
It will also turn the rest of HS into a holding pen for SW fans before they called up.
The first 20,000 get a boarding pass the next 55,000 stand about HS swiping their phones and spending $s and rest stand outside in the heat. Crowd control!

I suspect though this is system WDW is going to use unless it totally fails at Disneyland.
If it was a virtual queue, would it stop you riding anything else in HS. I'm trying to determine if all the rider at HS will have massive standby lines whilst people are waiting for their time to return to galaxy edge. Is that how it could work?

Cheers all.
August 2020 - First time onsite - nervous and excited
kennycapes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
3rd WDW holiday - onsite first timers
Unread 1 Jul 19, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Katie C
Imagineer

I believe it's meant to work differently to the Fastpass system so you could probably be using Fastpass reservations while waiting. But yes otherwise people can just queue up for the other rides.
Katie C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to WDW! Woo hoo!
Unread 2 Jul 19, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
kennycapes
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Katie C View Post
I believe it's meant to work differently to the Fastpass system so you could probably be using Fastpass reservations while waiting. But yes otherwise people can just queue up for the other rides.
God help us all, the park will surly be near capacity and so standby lines will be well long
August 2020 - First time onsite - nervous and excited
kennycapes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
3rd WDW holiday - onsite first timers
Ocean Florida