Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 Aug 19, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Sky just tried to take £90 of me?

Just had a phone call from Sky going on about their Sky care package and how, due to the terms and conditions on my account, I needed to tell them if I was going to have it for the year or two years?!

Now as far as I know (and I've been with Sky about 14 years) I've NEVER had the Sky care package and I remember turning it down a few years ago!? He said I am currently paying £11 for it a month, but I definitely do not have a seperate direct debit for this. He then tried to tell me it was included as part of my direct debit, but when I've checked my bills there is nothing about this on there.

So I then had to speak to his manager who repeated the same information, told me I was in a one year contract and therefore it mandatory for me to have the cover until my contract is up?! I have no idea how ... My Sky HD box is about 5 or 6 years old (unless the contract has rolled over) and about a year ago I did haggle the price down a bit, which has just gone back up again. Keep meaning to phone them and re-negotiate! When I said fine if I have to have it I will have it for the year, he then said it'd be £90 and is that going to be paid by debit or credit card?! Er no, jog on...

Been trying to get through to billing services to find out whether or not this cover is mandatory or not and currently included as part of my current bill? If it is, it seems weird it's not part of the billing breakdown and that it is mandatory to have, as I'm sure it never used to be?

Can anyone shed any light on this - I've just tried to phone customer services but the wait is 45 minutes at the moment!
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

just emptying my pm box , can you PM me ?

Edited at 01:26 PM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Was this Sky protect ?
Possibly - I definitely remember turning down the extended cover when my HD box came out of warranty. Neither person I spoke to on the phone seemed to be able to tell me how long I'd been paying for it for, but they both insisted the cover they were talking about was mandatory?
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Sounds like a scam phone call to me. If your Sky equipment is years old and you are out of contract anyway why would you be protecting the equipment ?
I would also take the opportunity to ring them to reduce your payments. Call to cancel, it always works.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
ROO
Imagineer

ROO's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
We had something similar to this, I hung up & phoned sky they said it was a scam & not to give out any of my details.
Old 9 Aug 19, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Are you sure it wasn't a scam? It isn't one I've heard of but there are so many!
Old 9 Aug 19, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Screams scam/phishing call to me.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Sky protect is definitely not mandatory , there are some third party extended warranty companies out there with some dubious sales methods.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
shauney
Imagineer

Sounds like somebody trying to lift your leg to me.
shauney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Kim. I keep getting E Mails from Sky ref warranty stuff however I delete them all. Not that expensive but still not for me.

This is what they are offering me.

Hi ***,

Spilt coffee on your laptop? Dropped your mobile? If you take out Sky Protect – our insurance policy provided by Domestic & General for £9 a month – you will cover two devices and your Sky Q equipment. The policy can continue for as long as you like.

Covers two devices and your Sky equipment

For accidental damage and breakdown

Gives you unlimited repairs and replacements

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List