Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 22 Aug 19, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
jengibbo
Excited about Disney

New England Boston - Acadia Day 2

Monday 29th July 2019
Up at 7.30am and had quick breakfast in the room Ben had cereal and we had breakfast bars and coffee. We were going to JFK Presidential library and museum which was not too far from our hotel. We decided to walk and it took about 10-15 minutes. Today was hot but we made it. We arrived as the museum opened at 9am. Adults were $14 and children free. Again it was included on our Go Boston card. Really great museum. Lots of interesting displays and artefacts. I love this period of History and teach a lot of it for GCSE so it was a great two hours. It turned out there was a free shuttle bus back to the T station so we got that.

We took the T to Fenway park. By this point we were starving so we got an early lunch at Wahlburgers. It was really good quality. Burgers for me and Chris and chicken tenders for the boys along with soft drinks and a couple of beers. I think it was about $50. Suitably satisfied we headed to Fenway park and booked on the 2pm tour. We are not Red Sox fans but enjoy baseball. My son is a Yankees fan. Anyway the tour was great. Our tour guide was fab. She told us the history of the stadium and the team and we got to see lots of parts of the stadium. I would highly recommend a visit. The entrance was part of the Go Boston card again.

The tour lasted 90 minutes. Afterwards we got the T back into Boston itself. We then went on a Harbour cruise from long wharf. The cruise was included with the card and lasted 45 minutes. The tour guide was really informative and told us lots of the history of Boston. We enjoyed the welcome breeze too.

We had promised the boys another dip in the Frog pond so after the cruise we headed back to Boston Common. On the way we walked past fountains full of children playing so we stopped, the boys changed into their swimming gear and spent 20 minutes having a great time. Unfortunately this meant by the time we reached the Frog pond it had shut. So they had a play at the playground instead.
We decided to have dinner in the Italian area again. It was very busy so we picked a restaurant and put our names down on their list. We waited 30 minutes then were seated. The menu was extensive and quite pricey, but the portions were enormous. Chris had a seafood pasta and I had chicken Alfredo and I didn’t even put a dint in it. The boys had pizza. No picture I’m afraid.
We got doggy bags and got the T back to the hotel. Back at the hotel we packed up as we are heading to Ogunquit tomorrow. Another brilliant but exhausting day. 21,509 steps

Edited at 06:44 PM.
jengibbo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

Looks so nice. You talked me into the Go Boston cards, we went for the 3 days option as we are there for a week. Just need to work on the itinary now...

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 19, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We loved the JFK Museum - wonderful exhibits and very moving. What might have been ...

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List