Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Sep 19, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

If you can afford it, it was money well spent if you ask me.
Old 23 Sep 19, 06:36 AM  
Link to this Post
jokercraig
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

It would appear my hunch was right. I feel for those who have just lost their job
jokercraig is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

I suspect the difference is much more than £600 now
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by JessBlu View Post
I suspect the difference is much more than £600 now
Prices are holding steady for 1 year out. Fingers crossed they stay that way till I can get home from work and get all the info together to rebook. Kicking myself - knew I should have booked yesterday.

I have the original virgin price written down for comparison... will be watching like a hawk today. Fingers crossed that's so far out they don't raise prices - I think the flights aren't even solidified until another month or two correct?
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
metaldud
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Originally Posted by Squidgyness View Post
Prices are holding steady for 1 year out. Fingers crossed they stay that way till I can get home from work and get all the info together to rebook. Kicking myself - knew I should have booked yesterday.

I have the original virgin price written down for comparison... will be watching like a hawk today. Fingers crossed that's so far out they don't raise prices - I think the flights aren't even solidified until another month or two correct?
Had to re-book our flights with Virgin for mid April and the prices don't seem to have been hiked up for those dates.
metaldud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by metaldud View Post
Had to re-book our flights with Virgin for mid April and the prices don't seem to have been hiked up for those dates.
The prices go up as more people book and there are less seats available. Most people will be booking straight away for the next month or 2s flights and there won’t be many seats available. There will be less seats available so the prices will rise quickly.
For flights in 2020 there will still be loads of seats available plus people won’t be booking straight away. A lot of people will wait for refunds.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Softy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Squidgyness View Post

Going by your countdown your flights aren’t out for BA or Virgin yet. Ba are released 355 days from your return, Virgin 331 days.

You’re going in September so one of the least busy times of the year, you’ll have no trouble getting flights under £400 with bags.
Softy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
jokercraig
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Just checked and the price has increased by about £250 (not massive in grand scheme) but as above I would imagine as more people book the cost will increase.
I’m not an expert though and may have this wrong...
jokercraig is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 19, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
CheshireCaty
Apprentice Imagineer

We did exactly this and took the plunge at about 8.00pm on Sunday and booked alternative flights with VA. Coming back a day earlier and out 4 days earlier so getting extra time in FL! The price has tripled since we booked. So glad we took the gamble.
WDW - 92, 93, 95, 97, 00 x2, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 09 x2, 10, 11 x2, 12, 13, 14, 15 x2, 17 x2, 18, 19 x 2, 22--- DLP - 95, 01, 03, 06, 11, 14, 18, 19—- Disney Cruise - 2012 - Bahamas, 13 - Med, 15 - 15n EBTA, 16 - Alaska, 19 - Northern Europe.
"You may have noticed I'm not all there myself" -
CheshireCaty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 19, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
epickles
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I did exactly the same as you - flights booked with TC, everything else was sorted independently. As a first timer, I was fretting over the whole thing - so I braved a VA rebook at about midnight on the Sunday (they had a 24hr cancellation period, so Monday morning I'd know if I was keeping them or not). TC flights were £1860 inc seating and 2 x bags (2a 2c). VA was £1100 initially - but having added the bubble and bags on it's coming up at £1560 which I don't think is bad at all flying out May half term? I checked the same flights at lunchtime on the Monday and they were £2450 not including seating or bags! I'm waiting for a refund from my CC provider, but failing that I have end supplier insurance. Once I get my money back, I'll toast the fact that all this drama actually saved me £300 in real terms, and also the fact that I got my flights for less than half the price I would have if I had waited to see the outcome of events for TC. I feel so sorry for those who aren't in a position to rebook, and am sorry to those who have missed out on their dreams.
epickles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List