Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Sep 19, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Little_Mermaid7
Looking for my Ears

Weather in November?

Hi!

First time poster here but have been browsing forums for a while to get an idea of how things work

We (myself and my mum) were due to travel next week for two weeks, 2nd October, with Thomas Cook but have made alternative arrangements - due to it being a package holiday.

Having only been to Orlando once before in October (I remember the humidity!), we have rebooked with Virgin for November (leaving on the 10th) for two weeks. We are really looking forward to seeing the parks all decorated for Christmas as previously we visited during hallowe’en.

I’ve seen so many helpful posts on here and it would be great to hear from fellow posters who have visited in November

Sorry for the lengthy post and I appreciate your advice/help!
Little_Mermaid7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey fanatic
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by little_mermaid7 View Post
hi!

First time poster here but have been browsing forums for a while to get an idea of how things work

we (myself and my mum) were due to travel next week for two weeks, 2nd october, with thomas cook but have made alternative arrangements - due to it being a package holiday.

Having only been to orlando once before in october (i remember the humidity!), we have rebooked with virgin for november (leaving on the 10th) for two weeks. We are really looking forward to seeing the parks all decorated for christmas as previously we visited during hallowe’en.

I’ve seen so many helpful posts on here and it would be great to hear from fellow posters who have visited in november

sorry for the lengthy post and i appreciate your advice/help!

we are going the 7th and are unsure what to pack from orevious posts the general word is to pack for cool mornings and evenings but shorts & tes in the day
mickey fanatic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We have been 3 times in November, twice we had fabulous weather (record breaking temperatures once) and exceptionally cold the third time.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
PeachyLemons
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I went last year 8th to 18th Nov. It was boiling! (Well for me) it was over 25c everyday and into the 30’s.

It was T-shirts & shorts only for the whole time. We swam every night 9-10pm and it was still warm.

Wore jeans on the last day as we were travelling... that was a mistake! Got soaking on Splash mountain 😀

We had 10 minutes of rain on one day and that was it, was not humid. Was lovely time to go
PeachyLemons is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Little_Mermaid7
Looking for my Ears

Thank you for your replies

Our suitcases contain mostly shorts and tees - with a couple of dresses if we decide to dine out in the evening and want to change into something a little different. I might pack a few pairs of leggings just in case!

I guess if there is a chance it might be a little chilly we can always pack a cardi or two in the case but I’m feeling very optimistic with your helpful posts so thank you
Little_Mermaid7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
PeachyLemons
Excited about Disney

Oh while I remember, the 1st Sunday we were there is was Veterans Day (11th Nov this year) so we booked Discovery Cove in case the parks were busy. The second Sunday it was Micky’s 90th Birthday celebration... and the Magic Kingdom was so busy, we managed only 1 ride in a few hours and it was just to much for us.

Worth considering other options on those dates this year.
PeachyLemons is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Little_Mermaid7
Looking for my Ears

Originally Posted by PeachyLemons View Post
Oh while I remember, the 1st Sunday we were there is was Veterans Day (11th Nov this year) so we booked Discovery Cove in case the parks were busy. The second Sunday it was Micky’s 90th Birthday celebration... and the Magic Kingdom was so busy, we managed only 1 ride in a few hours and it was just to much for us.

Worth considering other options on those dates this year.
Thank you for the heads up - I remember we went to Magic Kingdom on Columbus Day in 2017 and it was very busy. I wasn’t very prepared to be honest! Redoing the itinerary at the moment as I had fast passes booked and dining reservations but it was fun the first time round so have no problems doing it again
Old 23 Sep 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
bennyboy0751
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mickey fanatic View Post
we are going the 7th and are unsure what to pack from orevious posts the general word is to pack for cool mornings and evenings but shorts & tes in the day
we always go november its great lovely weather never had a cold day at all second week ann sometimes puts on a real thin kardy on evening but its not cold at all but im from North Yorkshire so Nov in Orlando is a heat wave lol
bennyboy0751 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 19, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Little_Mermaid7
Looking for my Ears

Originally Posted by bennyboy0751 View Post
we always go november its great lovely weather never had a cold day at all second week ann sometimes puts on a real thin kardy on evening but its not cold at all but im from North Yorkshire so Nov in Orlando is a heat wave lol
Thank you for your reply, I’m feeling so positive with the feedback and really has helped me not panic about repacking the case!
Old 23 Sep 19, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
disneymum
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We’ve been twice in November & the weather has been glorious - hopefully the same this year as we fly out on 3rd! 🤞
2007 - villa Southern Dunes
2008 - villa Oak Island Cove 2016 - Last minute Bahama Bay
disneymum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List