Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Apr 13, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sunset Pointe & Escape weddings in general

Hi everyone

So... me and DBF have been chatting about weddings and the like Don't know what's up with him at the minute, every other conversation we have is about mortgages and weddings

We were chatting about SSP for a location but then it says only 8 guests, plus the bride and groom. We would be 12. This is with just parents & siblings.

I have posted on the DIS about this as well.

1)Has anyone heard of ANY flexibility with guest numbers at this location?

The WP package (as an alternative) takes it a little over what we would want to spend as I'd want to dress it up a little but not to the $1500 extreme suggested in the Escape PDF And because it's a Escape, I'm thinking it's 'all or nothing' with regards to decoration.

2) Also, could anyone tell me if there is a time restriction if we were to have a private meal afterwards because it's an Escape? I was thinking Sago Cay Pointe to have dinner & then watch Wishes but I know Disney are funny about times!:angry:

I know this is daft for me to be thinking about this but I'm sure you will sympathise! We are already budgeting in our joint account for this wedding and I don't even have a flipping ring yet!

ETA: Also would prefer not to have the Wedding Pavilion with there being so few of us as it would look empty. AND, you can't have it in the evening which is when I would want it.

So many restrictions now I'm likely gonna be an Escape bride. I thought it was meant to make it easier?

Edited at 05:18 PM.
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 13, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Chilly80
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tracey1302 View Post
Hi everyone

So... me and DBF have been chatting about weddings and the like Don't know what's up with him at the minute, every other conversation we have is about mortgages and weddings

We were chatting about SSP for a location but then it says only 8 guests, plus the bride and groom. We would be 12. This is with just parents & siblings.

I have posted on the DIS about this as well.

1)Has anyone heard of ANY flexibility with guest numbers at this location?

The WP package (as an alternative) takes it a little over what we would want to spend as I'd want to dress it up a little but not to the $1500 extreme suggested in the Escape PDF And because it's a Escape, I'm thinking it's 'all or nothing' with regards to decoration.

2) Also, could anyone tell me if there is a time restriction if we were to have a private meal afterwards because it's an Escape? I was thinking Sago Cay Pointe to have dinner & then watch Wishes but I know Disney are funny about times!:angry:

I know this is daft for me to be thinking about this but I'm sure you will sympathise! We are already budgeting in our joint account for this wedding and I don't even have a flipping ring yet!

ETA: Also would prefer not to have the Wedding Pavilion with there being so few of us as it would look empty. AND, you can't have it in the evening which is when I would want it.

So many restrictions now I'm likely gonna be an Escape bride. I thought it was meant to make it easier?
Was it me who replied already on the DIS? I've not heard of them being flexible on numbers sorry. I only had 6 guests at the WP and didn't decorate it at all, its beautiful already. You don't have to have the full decoration package.

Yes you could have a reception at SCP to watch Wishes.
Golden Triangle Trip Report
Chilly80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 13, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhiteGsy
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi, we are getting married in the WP and we only have 7 guests. We have paid for bows to be on the end of the first pew on either side and some rose petals on the altar table. I don't know about time restrictions for sago cay but our reception dinner is two hours.
SnowWhiteGsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 13, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post

From what I understand they are quite strict on the numbers at SSP

I'm also getting married at the Wedding Pavilion and there will be 18 of us all together. At first I was worried about it feeling too empty and orginally wanted SBP for that same reason but DF really wanted WP so we moved and i have zero regrets, it's going to be amazing! All the focus will be on you, not on empty seats - after looking at a lot of photos and going to a wedding at WP I actually prefer it with fewer people, when it's full it looks really cramped and crowded!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 13, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread