Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 26 Nov 17, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
99plums
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by debs2028 View Post
I’ve ordered 3 park explorer ticket from theme park tickets direct and put a date earlier than I actually arrive as I want to make sure tickets are here well before date I leave . I’m right in thinking this ticket is activated on my first day for 14 days and not from the date I’ve said I’m using ticket .
Thanks for reply’s
Your thinking is correct debs!
Just remember if you’ve paid a deposit then the balance due date will be earlier, as they will base that on the date that you have given them.
99plums is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 17, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
debs2028
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 99plums View Post
Your thinking is correct debs!
Just remember if you’ve paid a deposit then the balance due date will be earlier, as they will base that on the date that you have given them.
Thank you , just wanted reassurance ..Yep don’t mind paying balance earlier .
debs2028 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 17, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by debs2028 View Post
Thank you , just wanted reassurance ..Yep don’t mind paying balance earlier .
Just to confirm what 99plums said, the ticket is activated on the first day of use, plus it will expire 14 days from, and including, the activation day.
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 17, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
CindyLou
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hi all, can anyone tell me how much these tickets were a few months ago, I seem to have a figure of around £250 each - am I going mad? Trying to convince DH that now is the time to buy 😊
Old 26 Nov 17, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CindyLou View Post
Hi all, can anyone tell me how much these tickets were a few months ago, I seem to have a figure of around £250 each - am I going mad? Trying to convince DH that now is the time to buy 😊
If you look on the attractionticketsdirect.co.uk site they're still showing at £249, though cheaper on other sites. Link below.

attraction-tickets-direc...xplorer-ticket

If you decide to buy now the cheapest at the moment is themeparkticketsdirect.com, £221 adult, £213 child, if you use the code BF7 at the checkout. Link below.

themeparkticketsdirect.c...plorer-Tickets

Personally I would buy now, but the choice is yours.
lyn1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 17, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
b00110908
Excited about Disney

Just throwing my cents worth in -
I'm looking at Universal tickets and although there are a couple of drawbacks I just can't see past doing a 4-day Universal base ticket with Undercover tourist. Cost is approx. £171.
3 downsides -
1. You can only go 4 times instead of unlimited (surely 4 days is enough?)
2. You can't park hop on this ticket (hopper ticket is £210). This is a bit of a drawback.
3. You have to use it within 7 days so can't use it over 14 days.

That said - between 2 tickets it'll save £100. I think that's worth the drawbacks, others may disagree?
b00110908 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 17, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
CindyLou
Excited about Disney

Mobile

That sounds like a good idea, we will only be visiting universal two/three times so the base ticket would work for us & save us over £300 - money towards the Disney passes!
Am I right in thinking we wouldn't be able to go on the Hogwarts Express as we can't park hop? The train didn't do this when we was last there.
Old 26 Nov 17, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post

we are doing the 4 day base this year - Yes you can't do Hogwarts express but having done it before it's a 5 minute ride we can live without to save us about £350
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 17, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CindyLou View Post
Am I right in thinking we wouldn't be able to go on the Hogwarts Express as we can't park hop? The train didn't do this when we was last there.
Yes you're right, you wouldn't be able to ride the Hogwarts Express, but on the plus side you save quite a bit of money.
Old 26 Nov 17, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
CindyLou
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by lyn1 View Post
Yes you're right, you wouldn't be able to ride the Hogwarts Express, but on the plus side you save quite a bit of money.
Money saving is a good thing! This deal just came at the wrong time! DH says we will have to take our chances in January and hope there's another deal on 😔