Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 20 Feb 18, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo_3596
Imagineer

Jiko or narcoosees?

We currently have Narcoosees booked, but have read more than a few un favourable reviews of late. Mainly wanted to go here as an excuse to visit GF- but suppose we could do that any way. Considering switching this to Jiko but you don't seem to hear as much about it as some of the other signatures. We are 2 adults 3 kids ( 6,8 12). Kids are quite fussy, but they will but not going to let it stop us trying some of the more unique dining options ( we are on free DDP)Is it worth booking for here instead? Any good reviews?
Endless Summer 2023
jojo_3596 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
moosha
VIP Dibber

We loved both the first and second times we visited and then on our third visit to both in 2015, the food wasn’t as great as our previous visits.

In 2015 my fish at Narcoossee’s was inedible as it was too salty and they were very apologetic and comped it for me, which I think says something about the good service there.

I would say the service at both has always been very good in our experience, the food has been around the same quality at both overall, but the actual restaurant is a much nicer setting at Narcoossee’s.

We are doing either two or three Signatures this year and immediately chose California Grill as the first. Then we were deciding whether to do either Narcoossee’s or Jiko or both. So far I have decided on Jiko but that’s mainly because I know it’s a good choice for vegans (we have become vegan since our last trip). There’s a good chance I will book Narcoossee’s as well because it’s such a beautiful location, the service is very good and my daughter loves the calamari
moosha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
jdouds
Imagineer

Hi we have had three meals at narcoosses Andrade had good meals every time
jdouds is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 18, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Difficult one as I love them both and never had a bad meal or issue with service in either, both are booked for our trip I couldn’t choose

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post

Jiko is our number one and Narcoosses is our number two restaurants at WDW...Tough call..However your children will love going outside and using the night vision binoculars to spot the animals..A CM will direct them to the viewing spot..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have only been to Jiko's and would go back in a heartbeat. Great good, wonderful setting, the kids will love looking out onto the savannah.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Narcoosees doesn't even appear in my top 4 anymore. Maybe 5th.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 18, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Narcoosees doesn't even appear in my top 4 anymore. Maybe 5th.
Wow..What are your top five sir.?..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List