Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 1 Dec 17, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Hertz MCO “Chioce location” poor first impression

My experience of the much vaunted Hertz Chioce Location was not great. Arrived at MCO fully expecting to be able to choose a convertible from a line for 5star members. Meme on board with a stall #. Asked what I presumed were (from their uniforms) two ambassadors for Chioce Location why I was allocated a vehicle and being unable to choose. They couldn’t answer the question but said I could choose anything from the 5 star area. Went to the area marked 5 star and there was only, Corollas,Altimas, Impalas & Altimas most of which we’re long in the tooth and pretty rough looking.
Back to the office to ask where the convertibles were to be told there is no chioce for any class higher than mid size.
As others have posted in other forums Hertz appear to have gone backwards with their Chioce Locations and they have gone from a company I would recommend to one I would say stay clear of unless you book a mid size vehicle and then you might get lucky.
Alex
Alibayparc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 17, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
gforce_iom
Imagineer

gforce_iom's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Agree, they used to be my first choice... but something has changed in the company.

The last two times I have rented Hertz, they have “tried” to overcharge me... saying my voucher didn’t cover the full rental... err how does that work on a fully prepaid rental booked direct on their own website with all necessary insurances included? !
1991-96 4 Trips~1997x1~1999x1~2001x1~2004x1~2004/2005x3/2006x2/2007x3/2009x2/2010x2~2011 Westridge Villa~2012 Highlands Reserve Villax3~2013 Hampton Lakesx2~2014 Hampton Lakesx2~2015 Hampton Lakesx1~2017 Sunset Ridgex2~Rosen Shingle Creek~2018 Sunset Ridgex1~2018 Rosen Shingle Creek~2019 Sunset Ridgex1 Hampton Lakesx1 Calabay Parcx1 2020 Highlands Reservex1 2022 Calabay Parcx1 2024 Hunters Creekx1
gforce_iom is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 17, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Rented from hertz and had a mustang coupe and it was great.

The next time I rented with Hertz and it wasn't so great.

I paid for a 2 door coupe and was told they had no 2 door coupes so were giving me a nice new charger. I was then asked to sign a form saying that i agree to pay $380. I declined as I had prepaid in full and was told that unless i pay extra all i can have is a Chrysler 200. I told them i wasnt paying any extra and to give me the keys. They then tried to tell me that i didnt have insurances, pointing to my paperwork that said zero excess etc, i was told that i am being stupid and they would never do what i am doing. Again I demanded the keys and left.

It was afterwards i discovered that the Charger was under the same class as the 200 and even hertz themselves advised that i should have been able to have the charger without paying any extra as they didnt have the car in my class.

P.S the 200 was old and rubbish.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 17, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
chmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Alibayparc View Post
Back to the office to ask where the convertibles were to be told there is no chioce for any class higher than mid size.
they probably tried to mislead you, or send you away, which is bad, or they didn't know or care, which might be even worse ...

you mention you would have been able to choose from Altimas (Fullsize) and Impalas (some models fullsize, some models Premium) ... so obviously, there is choice for higher classes than midsize.

Edited at 02:46 PM.
chmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 17, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Cabbie
Imagineer

Cabbie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by gforce_iom View Post
The last two times I have rented Hertz, they have “tried” to overcharge me... saying my voucher didn’t cover the full rental... err how does that work on a fully prepaid rental booked direct on their own website with all necessary insurances included? !
I had the exact same issue both this September and last. On the second occasion I refused to move from the exit gate until the issue had been resolved. The employee at the gate printed a total of 5 different receipts before coming to a figure that was for pre paid fuel only.

As for car choice I agree with the OP, the row I picked from was full, however, most of the cars had high millage, scratches, dents and were dirty.

-Steve
Florida-07,08,09,10,11,12,14,16,17,19,21,23 California-06,10,11,15,23,24 Vegas 12,13,15,22 New York- 05,08,12,17,23 Washington DC-09 Boston-07,10 Hong Kong-05,16 Tokyo-05 Dubai-09,14 Jamaica-12 Abu Dhabi-18 Shanghai-18 Toronto-19 Singapore-22
Cabbie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 17, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Being a Goldmember for years, I took advantage of the privileges renting a midsize car and getting (at least) an upgrade to a higher category car.

So far so, good but now they have changed their policy. I'm renting about four months a year but that does not qualify me for 5Star because that's only 3 rentalperiods of 6 weeks.

Last October Hertz offered us an old Kia Optima on Sanford. It smelled, was dirty and the airco had no thermostat so we had to adjust it every time we had to wait for a red light. We brought the car back to MCO and asked for a Kia Soul which was standing in the 5Star row. They told me the 5Star category was only for regular customers. Goldmembers get the older cars and no upgrade... (Steam out of my head!) There were lots of older Hyundai Lantra's and two even older Sonata's. Finally we took a 2016 Buick Verano, which was at least clean!

You had better keep your customer satisfied Hertz! This year I've spend almost €3000 with your company, that is only 3 rental periods. In January I'll be back for another 12 weeks rent (2 periods) in which Hertz probably wil offer me another old smelly car because I'm "just a Goldmember". I reserved these cars before Hertz changed their policy an I prepaid, so cancellation wil cost me €90.

So by the time I qualify for their 5Star category, my loyalty probably wil be gone and Hertz has lost a customer.

Edited at 04:48 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 17, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
I've had hassle with the last 5 rentals I've had from Hertz MCO. The only reason I've kept going back is I've generally had a voucher as compensation from a previous rental and I've been able to get a decent price - so overall I end up getting a pretty good price. The other thing is I've generally had good cars.

But I'm done with them after the last rental - was the highest price I've aid for years but the allocated car was in the wrong garage so instead they gave me a very basic Chevy Equinox and it was very much take it or leave it. In the A garage there really didn't seem to be many cars around.

I think age of cars must be a big thing - they went on about how I'd prefer this car as it was much newer.

Edited at 11:37 PM.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 17, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Alibayparc
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by chmurf View Post
they probably tried to mislead you, or send you away, which is bad, or they didn't know or care, which might be even worse ...

you mention you would have been able to choose from Altimas (Fullsize) and Impalas (some models fullsize, some models Premium) ... so obviously, there is choice for higher classes than midsize.
Most of these vehicles looked like dogs with very high mileage.. if I had reserved a premium car I would not have happy to choose an Impala with numerous dings, 40000 miles and an interior that had seen better days. If you reserve a mid size car then you might be lucky and be able to get a half decent full size or premium in the line. No suv’s, convertibles or luxury vehicles in the 5 star or presidents area. Hertz trying to copy Alamo but failing miserably, this coming from someone who always championed Hertz as the go-to car rental company.
Alex
Alibayparc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 17, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Warkman58
Imagineer

When Ford owned Hertz, the choice was good and the turnaround of new cars was also good as Ford used it to control stock.
Now it away from Ford, it cant seem to make as much profit to allow the same turnover.
Villa Formosa Gardens, Flights BA/Aer Lingus
20th August 2016 to 3rd September 2016,
Warkman58 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 17, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
...and, despite about a dozen emails back and forth, I never did get a satisfactory answer on the spouse of a Gold member being entitled to drive. The last information they sent me was cut and pasted from an internal Hertz document.

I asked what happens if my wife gets stopped by the Police and asked to prove she's entitled to drive. They said show the Rental Record - but that clearly states that only I am the Authorized Operator and that no-one else is authorized.

Last time we rented the agent told us wife can drive, but only if I'm also in the car. Seems that was completely made-up.

When we last rented from Alamo they simply added everyone to the rental agreement. Quite why Hertz won't do that is beyond me.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List