Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 18 Feb 18, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
0420wilmut
Imagineer

Polite Pig & Blaze on QSDP.. anygood?

Has anyone eaten at either of these two QS restaurants. Do they accept QS credits and if so is it straight forward? We're staying at POR and planned to take the boat over to DS to eat. We haven't upgraded to DDP so really want to get the best out of the QSDP and trying to avoid the food courts (really not a fan).
May 2023 POP & 1 night RPR
0420wilmut is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Blaze is brilliant and the polite pig gets good reviews too. I wrote a full qsdp food report during our trip last April that you might find a useful read. There are photos of everything we ate, including Blaze. The link is in blue at the bottom of my signature

Staying at POR, you have a great food court too. We loved the create your own pasta and salad sections and really missed them when we were at CBR. POR good court is miles better than the one at CBR.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19

Edited at 11:53 AM.
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
0420wilmut
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Blaze is brilliant and the polite pig gets good reviews too. I wrote a full qsdp food report during our trip last April that you might find a useful read. There are photos of everything we ate, including Blaze. The link is in blue at the bottom of my signature

Staying at POR, you have a great food court too. We loved the create your own pasta and salad sections and really missed them when we were at CBR. POR good court is miles better than the one at CBR.
Hi Vickie, yes I've read your fabulous report (a bit ago now) and loved it, think it's probably time for me to re read and take some notes. I know you love POR, just hoping we do too. We liked CBR but I wouldn't say we loved it. I'm hoping POR suits us better. We're an odd set up - DH and I are 53 and 50, eldest DS 26 and youngest DS 12. Our eldest DS is very excited about Yee Ha Bob man - not sure he's my cup of tea but if eldest DS happy then we're all happy! Orlando is the only holiday where he will join us, youngest DS adores him and hangs off his every word! I'm really excited and loving the planning!
0420wilmut is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Aw, I hope you have a lovely time, especially with your youngest being so excited about your eldest going with you.

Another kind dibber made my report in to a PDF file, so you can download it now and read it without all the dibbers comments.

We found the food court at CBR to be very poor (we were there pre-tent), and really missed the he POR options. Especially the salads for me as I like a light and fresh option. Oh, and the cookies and cream milkshakes - just to offset the salad

Apparently the POFQ food court is meant to be good too, and they have real plates and cutlery, so it might be worth taking a stroll down the river to try that out too.

Blaze is really lovely though - could happily eat one right now!

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
IndianaMac
Imagineer

Mobile

Wilmut, your countdown's almost the same as ours! We'll be at POR too, and it'll be our third visit there - did it as two big family hols, then twice at CBR just the three of us.
Agree with loves2plan, the food court at POR is superior to CBR, and the boat to Springs is fantastic.
Not tried the Polite Pig or Blaze, but they're on our list. Also worth considering Cookes of Dublin for some proper chips if American/McDonald's style fries are not to taste.
Never saw Yee Ha Bob in previous visits to POR, so quite looking forward to that
Enjoy
Old 18 Feb 18, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

POR/POFQ are really good venues for a QS meal so don’t worry about that.

DS is so easy to get to via the boat so you won’t be living your holiday eating at canteens!
Old 18 Feb 18, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
0420wilmut
Imagineer

Thanks Indiana & Ely, it's reassuring to know. We decided to not upgrade to DDP as we did feel as if our day was somewhat planned around ADR's which you can't cancel on the day without a no show charge. I'm not a fan of food courts - doesn't feel like a holiday to me to be queuing up in endless queues and then the struggle to find a table!
I like the way Disney is trying a more modern approach to QS dining, I'm desperately optimistic that the newish QS restaurants won't bring me out in a rage. The mobile ordering looks to be making things easier too!
Old 18 Feb 18, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by 0420wilmut View Post
Hi Vickie, yes I've read your fabulous report (a bit ago now) and loved it, think it's probably time for me to re read and take some notes. I know you love POR, just hoping we do too. We liked CBR but I wouldn't say we loved it. I'm hoping POR suits us better. We're an odd set up - DH and I are 53 and 50, eldest DS 26 and youngest DS 12. Our eldest DS is very excited about Yee Ha Bob man - not sure he's my cup of tea but if eldest DS happy then we're all happy! Orlando is the only holiday where he will join us, youngest DS adores him and hangs off his every word! I'm really excited and loving the planning!
Your family set up is similar to ours, we are early 50's with 2 sons aged 31 and 28 and a 17 year old daughter. Last year our 28 yo and his fiance came with us to Universal and New York. Our 17 yo loved having them with us as she is very close to them, as your younger son is with your eldest. It was great fun to have them with us.

We are staying at POFQ this year and have upgraded our dining plan. The food courts at both FQ and POR seem really good and you get real plates and cutlery at FQ which I prefer. Other qs places we fancy in DS are D-Luxe Burger and Daily Poutine which we haven't tried but they look good. Earl of Sandwich is good at DS too.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 18, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Mobile

Ate at polite pig a few times last May and Oct, really nice and good use of a QS credit.
Old 18 Feb 18, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Love them both and love the new food court at POFQ. there is lots of choice at POFQ now

Polite pig is really great - especially the beer cheese sauce, so yummy!
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List