Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 12 May 15, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
bertie1249
Getting Excited

Posting home parcels ?

So we havent got long to go now and im getting tons of questions thrown at me by kids and grand kids.
Anyway my daughter has seen a few items she wants to purchase in Wallmart during our stay. These items are too big to carry back in suitcase.
Is there a way I can buy these items and post back to the UK to a family members house?
Am staying in the kissimmee area and was wondering whether there is a local USPS or something similar nearby, and whether anyone has done it in the past.
Any advice much appreciated.
Thanks
bertie1249 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 15, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Kate
Very Serious Dibber

Hi, we enquired at Fed Ex yesterday to post a small picture back the uk for my mother in laws birthday. We got quoted $265! My friend was quoted $470 to send a box home, not a large one. There are UPS stores you could also enquire at too to see if they can do it cheaper. There's a UPS at the shops on Formosa Gardens Boulevard opposite the Winning Dixie.
Kate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 15, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post

It honestly costs less to buy another case and pay the £60 for that extra case than post anything home
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 15, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Postage to destinations outside the USA can be horrendous plus if it's not a gift the recipient will have to pay VAT not only on the goods but also the postage! And if the value is over £135 then excise duties kick in (2.5%). Then there will be a courier /Post Office fee £8 - £10. It is way cheaper to bring back as part of your allowance. I agree the extra case is the way to go.

There is a shipping centre at 8546 Palm Parkway who do US Post Office and all the other courier services where you could check prices.

worldmailcenter/

Edited at 05:53 PM.
Old 12 May 15, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Huge charge for shipping back home negate any savings made. I would consider doing as suggested and purchase additional luggage allowance it will be cheaper in the long run.

Alison
Old 13 May 15, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
bertie1249
Getting Excited

Mobile

Many thanks for the replies. I think my daughter was going to spend a small fortune in Wallmart and then post it home. Not the case then.
Thanks
bertie1249 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 15, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post

My advice would be to taken virtually empty suitcases (just the minimum required for the holiday) and buy out there that way you are able to bring plenty back with you. For example what i do is wear old worn out trainers on the way over, ditch them and wear my new trainers (plus another new pair in the suitcase) on the way back. I had considered posting too... not now!
Old 13 May 15, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
fefifoe
Apprentice Imagineer

fefifoe's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Just a quick example for you my friend sent me $300 of Pandora Charms - cost her $90 to ship them - and it was a small light parcel! Cost me nearly £70 to get them into the country. Extra suitcase would be the winner for me If i was out there and wanting extra stuff to bring back
Old 13 May 15, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
POOLIEJOOLIE
Apprentice Imagineer

POOLIEJOOLIE's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Yeah posting stuff will be insanely expensive. I regularly send parcels from the UK to the US to my friend and regularly pay circa £60 to post a small box of chocolate and gifts for her boys. I can't even imagine how much it would be send bulky stuff even Sea Mail is expensive..
Jul 2019 - AKL, Sep 2019 - DLP 36K RunDisney
Sep 2020 - DLP 36K RunDisney [cancelled ]Jul 2024 - California road trip & DL
POOLIEJOOLIE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 15, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread