Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 13 Mar 17, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
CU2016
Getting Excited

First timers oct plan take 2

Complete change of tactic decided on since I last posted a plan.
As before we are 2 adults in our 30's on our first trip. Staying at POR, using last years park hours to estimate. Don't plan on doing the Halloween party.
We were planning to do midday breaks but in order to get more park hours we have decided to brave the midday heat/crowds some days, this also allows us to have 2 half days with little or no plan (except what I'm sure will be a much needed lie in!) although as it's a once in a lifetime trip and we are trying to squeeze in as much as possible still no complete rest days. Oh and BF won't do water parks.
Tuesday- Magic kingdom RD till after FOF parade, DS for dinner
Wednesday- Epcot RD till 5/6ish including food and wine
Thursday- AK am then to HS PM and to see fireworks
Friday- morning off, evening AK
Sat- AK am, PM off but if we want to do MK fireworks it will be here
Sun-HS am, midday break and evening at Epcot for fireworks
Monday- MK am before leaving for airport

Any thoughts?
CU2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 17, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinkie1983
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Its a lot of chopping and changing in my opinion. Could you not do full park days? It was my first trip last year but not DH I was suggesting half days and he said no way so we did full days and full rest days. We are also in our 30s and when we go next year we will do full days again.
Pinkie1983 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 17, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
CU2016
Getting Excited

There are only 2 days were we are doing 2 parks (3 if we do MK fireworks).
We won't be able manage RD to close, doing it on one day will be pushing it so we thought we would take advantage of EMH a couple of mornings but don't want to stay at that park when it gets busier.
And we want to see some of the evening shows in the parks too.

Edited at 09:56 PM.
CU2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 17, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Pinkie1983
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Ah missed that you were onsite don't blame you making the most of those emh and using Disney transport will make it less of a faff. Once you have been though you will definitely want to return. We are already planning trip 3 and we haven't been on trip 2 yet! Enjoy 😊
Pinkie1983 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 17, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
CU2016
Getting Excited

I'm sure we'd would love to return but we won't likely ever be able to afford it again so treating this as a one off.
I did have another look at days given what you said but talking to my BF about it I think we would get bored on a full rest day, we won't have car, aren't big shoppers and as I said he doesn't do water parks and isn't even very keen on pools. Thanks for the input though.
Old 14 Mar 17, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
I would be tempted to see the fireworks at HS on a EPCOT day, they are much closer together and you can see the food and wine festival working clockwise round the world showcase and then go through the international gateway to the Boardwalk, hop and a boat and 10 minutes later you are at HS entrance

AK to HS is a bit of a chore IMO.
Old 14 Mar 17, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
CU2016
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by grinner82 View Post
I would be tempted to see the fireworks at HS on a EPCOT day, they are much closer together and you can see the food and wine festival working clockwise round the world showcase and then go through the international gateway to the Boardwalk, hop and a boat and 10 minutes later you are at HS entrance

AK to HS is a bit of a chore IMO.
Good point might look at it but we were hoping to use the express bus (provided they continue doing it) so it should be less of a pain I hope