Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 8 Feb 17, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks Really appreciate you taking the time to review our plan in detail!

We are travelling there in a rather convoluted manner, only arriving into Orlando at 10:30pm on Day 1, and probably only likely to get to our villa by midnight... (yes, I know, rather foolish with twin 9-year-olds!). So we reckon a really early start on Day 2 will be very hard.

The park days are based more-or-less around busy days guides, but you make a good point about the two late nights on the run. I'll have a look at what might be possible to spread this out.

Also, good point about HS/1900PF - we definitely want to have breakfast at 1900PF, for Mary Poppins, but I can't find another place to put it... maybe need to make a few more changes, but 180 days is just next week
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 17, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

I notice you have a couple of days pencilled in as All day water parks.
I think you may find you are walking round in circles after half a day thinking what can we do now.
I would recommend getting to the water park at opening time ( Not as busy) spend half a day then maybe go grab something to eat, If your in a villa return to villa for a few hours relaxing and maybe return to one of the other disney parks for the evening or a walk around disney springs.

The night you arrive your kids will be asleep in no time and the first morning you will all be up around 4 - 5 am wondering what to do now, as already pointed out take advantage of this and hit a park early AK or rope drop at MK
Old 9 Feb 17, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks.

Good point about the water parks. Our girls love swimming and we quite easily fill a whole day at a quite simple water park we go to in Spain (near the in-laws), but I think it might be interesting to plan evening FPs for those days, and use them if we can...in the second half of August, MK is open until 9pm, is that right?

In terms of day 2 (first day after arrival), I'm really not sure we'll be up and about as I reckon we will get to the villa around midnight, after just about 24h of travel!

Edited at 02:53 PM.
Old 27 Feb 17, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Well, you know how it is, you put all this time and effort into meticulous planning and finally come down to the perfect plan... and then half way through your 180-day booking window, you completely change your mind, and turn your plan upside down!

Day 1: shopping/Aquatica
Day 2: Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure
Day 3: SeaWorld
Day 4: Volcano bay
Day 5: Wild Florida/Shopping/International Drive
Day 6: Epcot
Day 7: Discovery cove
Day 8: Animal Kingdom
Day 9: Blizzard Beach/Hollywood Studios (evening)
Day 10: Magic Kingdom
Day 11: Typhoon Lagoon
Day 12: Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure
Day 13: Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure
Day 14: Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure
Day 15: Volcano bay
Day 16: Animal Kingdom
Day 17: Magic Kingdom
Day 18: Hollywood Studios
Day 19: Water Park (BB/TL)/Cirque du Soleil (evening)
Day 20: Epcot then hopefully MNSSHP... ?!?
Day 21: Home

Why? Well, we took on the advice to move Discovery Cover earlier in case we need to reschedule due to the weather, and also decided to move it to a weekend, as this is a limited entry park, so is no busier on weekends (I think). And because I was useless at using the Disney booking tool on-line, I wasn't able to get really early Breakfasts for the days we wanted them (Tip: select "07:00" rather than "Breakfast"), but moving Disney to the 3rd week - the last week of August - means we still have the chance to make those early bookings, and it's likely to be quieter. And when we phoned our ticket providers to change the Discovery Cove date, we also asked if there were any freebies going, and they have included Wild Florida tickets.
Old 28 Feb 17, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Well done on getting free Wild Florida tickets!

It looks a very full agenda, but am sure you will enjoy it. Hope you have day or two off afterwards to relax and recover
Old 14 Mar 17, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
zmitch62
Getting to know the DIBB

Originally Posted by laz View Post
Day 12: Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure
Day 13: Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure
Day 14: Universal Studios & Islands of Adventure
Day 15: Volcano bay
Hi
We're going for 3 weeks too. I've booked 2 separate nights in Universal hotels - 1 at Hard Rock in Week 2 and one at RPR in week 3 as this gives 4 days of Express passes. Worth a thought?!

Nice to look at someone else's plan so thanks for posting
Zoe x
zmitch62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 17, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by zmitch62 View Post
Hi
We're going for 3 weeks too. I've booked 2 separate nights in Universal hotels - 1 at Hard Rock in Week 2 and one at RPR in week 3 as this gives 4 days of Express passes. Worth a thought?!

Nice to look at someone else's plan so thanks for posting
Zoe x
Nice idea on the Universal!

To be honest, this is now pretty much the plan!

We've booked Universal hotel - the Royal Pacific in the club rooms to get free breakfasts and evening snacks (and we'll be there at 7am on the arrival day to make full use of it!)

We've booked Discovery Cove with dolphin swim for the first Saturday (seems to be the recommendation to book it in the first week so you can rearrange, and book a Saturday because the visitor numbers are the same every day, and Saturday is busiest everywhere else)

We're planning to use the full 15 days of our 14 day ticket for Disney(!)

And we've booked a few character meals:
1900 Park Fare dinner in week 1, for Cinderella/Ugly sisters (no park access needed, when we've only got our Universal passes started)
Garden Grill breakfast at Epcot for Chip & Dale on our first Disney day!
Tusker for lunch at AK with Mickey and friends in safari gear in week 2
1900 Park fare breakfast in week 2, for Mary Poppins (can't wait!)
Be Our Guest breakfast early, week 2, to get into MK early
Crystal Palace lunch, week 3, for Pooh and friends

Cirque du Soleil is booked...

ANd we're still undecided about MNSSHP, as it's a lot of extra money ($300+) for one night...

Now, roll on the next 120 days so I can start booking fast passes!
Old 19 Mar 17, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
BaconAndAvocado
Imagineer

We are also going for 3 weeks in August and your plan looks very similar to mine! 2 days parks then 1 at a waterpark etc.

We too have booked DC for a weekend (this will be a surprise for the kids-they loved it last time we went!)

Might see you there!