Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 27 Mar 17, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Staying onsite - Extra hours advise

We've drawn up an itinerary ignoring the EMH/Extra evening hours but are staying on site - think we looked at the 'least recommended' listing and avoided those days which is the opposite of what we should have done Back to the drawing board so just for clarity, should be basing our itinerary on early hours/late evening hours to make best use of our time and when it comes to booking fast passes, do you tend to book fast passes outside of these times. I feel really stupid - have booked all ADR's too without thinking it through..Thanks!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

We're staying on site but tend to go by the busy day guide as if staying offsite. Mainly because we don't tend to go to the parks early so the EMH would be wasted on us.

People tend to book fast passes from 10am onwards when using EMH as you can get a fair bit done in the early hours.

You're not stupid at all! If you think your family will be up nice and early then you may as well make use of the magic hours. If you want a more leisurely start then I'd stick with your plan.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegem
Serious Dibber

Mobile

We stayed off site last time so the busy day guide was my bible and I stuck to it religiously when making my plan, to avoid massive crowds (most avoided but not all). This time we are staying onsite and have adopted the following strategy based on my own experience and dibb advice.

The first few days we will do EMH as we found last time due to the time difference we were up really early, might as well take advantage.

I am saving evening activities for the second week when we are more likely to want a lazy morning. We'll go to the planned park after lunch and stay until the evening entertainment has finished.

Additionally, we will probably be avoiding extra evening hours. As I understand it, off site guests are not permitted to ride during this time but they are not asked to leave the park, this can make these evenings really busy and crowded.

I've not finalised my plan yet, but this is the general framework I'm using to create it. Hope this helps ?
sparklegem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks very much, that really helpful.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 05:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Jokeybhoy
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

From my previous experience the morning hours are far better than the evening hours.The extra evening hours seem to be rammed compared to the morning hours.Im staying on site and will be using the morning hours for the first few days and avoiding extra evenings
Jokeybhoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List