Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 29 Mar 17, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
LittleKezza
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile For a first timer - where to begin (with 3 and 6yo)?

We're going to have 6.5 days in Orlando. We're staying off site but right in the middle of the Disney parks.

Our kids are tall but the eldest is not particularly brave. Where do I find out about ride heights?

I'm also realising that there are lots of things to do in the evenings and these can be tied in with meals. Given our kids are quite young (but okay with staying up late usually), what should we be looking at doing?

We're thinking a Princess breakfast at Asherkus and they'll want to do everything Star Wars.

I just don't know where to begin or how to work it out. It seems like a lot of planning is required given we'll arrive end of July. We're usually more of a go with the flow family but I will be stressed if I should have planned things and didn't.

Please help!
LittleKezza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
LittleKezza
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Okay. After a day of research, this is where I've got to...

Saturday - arrive and shop for food.
Sunday - MK
Monday - HS with Hollywood and Vine breakfast to run for the Jedi sign ups
Tuesday - Legoland Inc water park. Kids can sleep in the car and have a chilled day if we want.
Wednesday - Epcot Inc Akershus breakfast
Thursday - AK
Friday - Typhoon Lagoon morning then HS pm/eve. Bro can ride Tower of Terror and we can see SW show in evening (I hope!)!
Saturday - brunch booked for Tongan Toast (forgot name) then potentially some pics at MK before head to airport.

Any dinners we ought to book besides the Star Wars dessert party?

Thanks!
LittleKezza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

You would be better spending more time in MK than HS .
The time difference may stop you being ready for any evening shows so be prepared to do these in the last 2-3 days
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Hi and welcome to the Dibb.

Where are you staying? You won't be in the middle of the Disney parks unless you're onsite.
WDW is 20 square miles, so most people under estimate how long it takes to get anywhere.

What are the dates of your trip? As it's during the summer, you'll find it hard to stay in the parks from opening to close, so I would recommend you just concentrate the Disney parks, rather than go to Legoland (which by all accounts is very similar to the one here).
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
LittleKezza
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

We're staying at Bonnet Creek, which is between Epcot and Typhoon Lagoon.

We travel on 29 July.
Old 30 Mar 17, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
So my plan would be pretty similar to yours already:

Sun AK
Mon HS - early until lunch. Afternoon nap and back for Fantasmic in the evening
Tues MK
Wed Epcot
Thurs TL in the morning. Possible back to MK for evening fireworks
Fri lazy morning. Afternoon/evening in HS for Star Wars fireworks
Sat Poly - you can get the tonga toast in the QS restaurant Capt Cooks, or as TS in Kona Café. Afterwards MK.

I would make good use of FP's booked in advance. Character Meets are useful for this in MK. If you book an early breakfast in Akerhaus, you may be able to ride Frozen ever After as soon as the park opens without need for a FP.

Have a look in the Dibb guidebook (on the right) for ride info, as I think the height restrictions are there also.

Have a great trip.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 17, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
With your fairly limited time I wouldn't waste a day going down to Legoland, another day at MK for the children for me. Jedi training is restricted to those aged over 4. As others have said get your FP booked at 30 days you will need them if you want to get on the Mine Train and Peter Pan at MK and Toy Story at HS. Have a fab time. For breakfast consider Crystal Palace at MK or Tusker House at AK as an alternative to Akershus.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 17, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Davy Crockett
Imagineer

Davy Crockett's Reviews
You really need 2 days for each park, yes even for HS, especially as you've never been before. Be prepared to be blown away by the size and scale of everything and for getting very tired! Bonnet Creek is a pretty good location and I agree with the above comment about giving Legoland a miss - unless of course you absolutely have to.