Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 30 Mar 17, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
ravenwing
Trainee Dibber

Last day/check out day

Hi,

I'm looking for ideas/advice/experiences of your last day, to try and get an idea of what we can fit in realistically.

We will be checking out of CBR on a Friday, flight home is around 7pm ish. My itinerary is fairly vague for the last 2 days - we'll have visited all the parks by then so might wait and see what we want to go back for one last time.

Presumably check-out process is along these lines: empty room and pack, leave bags somewhere for bus pick up later, check out and settle up. Do we still have use of our Magic bands for this last day, use credits from QSDP etc?

In your experience how much time should I allow for all that? What time would we realistically be able to get to a park. I'd had an idea of finishing with MK but it is on EMH that day so didn't think that would be a good idea.

Thanks in advance
ravenwing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 17, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
ravenwing
Trainee Dibber

Bumpity, anyone have any thoughts on this?

I think our DME pick up will be around 3pm. How much (or little) do you guys try and do on this last day?

Although day 15 of holiday it should only be day 14 since our first park day, so will our park passes still be valid? Not sure if our QSDP credits will be valid either?

Thanks,
ravenwing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 17, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

It's 14 days from first use so yes you will have passes.
Food credits are valid until midnight on checkout day so you're fine there too.

Some people skip the parks , have a leisurely breakfast, go play mini golf on the passes or go shopping , have a lateish lunch and get the transfer. To us that's a waste and we tend to pack very late the night before and head out early with morning and late lunch plans for a last park and usually then are tired enough to sleep on the plane.

With EMH at MK we'd probably go there early for opening then when it started to get busy head over to EPCOT or the Studios with a lunch reservation over there or just back to the hotel for a swim (making sure there was room in hand luggage for wet swimming togs in a plastic bag.) you could do a couple of hours at a water park instead though.

Edited at 11:52 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 17, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post

Our plan - it may well change - is that we will pack everything the evening before. We actually have car hire for the day and we aren't going to the airport but a b&b on the coast but our plan would still be similar if we were flying on that day!

We will check out as soon as we can and will either load up the car or leave the bags somewhere We'll then pick a park to go to for as long as we can get away with - we will have done everything by then so it'll be wherever the children want to go. We then plan to have a late lunch at The Cheesecake Factory and then head over to the b&b.

For me this last day will be day 14 on our tickets so i'm not willing to write the day off and not go anywhere!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 17, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
suehen
Imagineer

Our plan is we will be out at MK the night before so will not be back at the room until about 1.00am try and get a late check-out 1.00pm from POR have lunch, ME picking up 2.30pm for our flight. We have gone to the parks on check-out date day just leave the bags at bell-hop.
suehen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 17, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Who are you flying with? Is it an American company? If so you will be able to check in for your flight at CBR. We did this last summer as we flew with United. It was great and took approximately 5 minutes. The hold luggage was taken from us at CBR and we never saw it again until we were back in the UK.

Bell services looked after our carry on bags so even if you can't get rid of your hold luggage by doing the airline resort check in you can still give them your luggage. We went to MK for our last days visit and probably had about 5 hours there. We booked fast passes and we used up dining credits then made our way back for the 'tragical' express later in the afternoon. We had a relatively chilled out park day without any real touring plans and it was a lovely end to the holiday. Kids both picked attractions to go on and we managed to snag FP for princess meet and greets and POTC so we met a few characters, did some rides. I guess it seemed a waste to us to just hang around in the resort.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 17, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
ravenwing
Trainee Dibber

Thanks everyone, great ideas - it's good to know what is possible! We fly with Virgin so we'll need to take our luggage ourselves. I think my plan will be to aim for EMH at MK - but book fastpasses for later on, and maybe a lunch ADR at Be Our Guest - so if something doesn't go to plan in the morning we can still head there for a couple of hours later on without stressing too much.

I know what you mean about 'wasting' the last day - my itinerary at the moment has no rest days, I can't quite bring myself to do it! So instead I've gone for more 'restful' days where we only spend part of the day in the parks.

Thanks again
Old 4 Apr 17, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Kpzorse
Excited about Disney

Kpzorse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
We tend to do MK on our last FULL day (so that our last evening show can be the MK fireworks). That way we usually do AK or Epcot on our final day.

We usually get bell services to pick up our luggage to store at around 9am. Then we check out of the room for the last time and head to a smaller park.

We then do a few rides/use up the rest of our credits and then head to Disney Springs for some lunch (at Earl of Sandwich! YUM!).

Then we aim to make it back to the hotel for about 2ish/have a last minute browse in the gift shop/collect our luggage from bell services, then wait for the magical express at 3.

Sept '18 - POFQ, March '18- AKL, DLP Feb '18- Cheyenne, Sept '16- POR, Feb '15- CBR
Kpzorse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 17, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Smithk2
Swimming at the All Star Resort

We don't really want to do anything too active on our last day, as the overnight flight is hard work anyway seeing as we can never sleep. As a result we've decided pop over to Disney Springs and check in our luggage at the Virgin desk there. We'll then have lunch at Rainforest Cafe and a little stroll round the shops. We're doing all the parks except Disney this time, so it'll be nice to pop in the Disney shop!
Smithk2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 17, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Purplefrog
slightly serious Dibber

We usually fly with Virgin, so take our luggage over then head to Downtown and have a wander round, buying last minute bits and pieces and have a slap up meal somewhere.
Hate that last day 😢
Purplefrog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List