Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 18 Mar 17, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
codym
Very Serious Dibber

codym's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Sapphire falls looks lovely, I'm also wondering how it was being so close to the patios at the hotel but not going.. my eldest would go nuts!
3 Part Extravaganza Oct/Nov 2017 *IN PROGRESS*
codym is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 17, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Great read. Lovely villa you were staying in.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 17, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by i love jack View Post
Aah sounds lovely Jo, the hotel looks really nice, love those bathroom tiles! Looks like lots of nice places to sit and chill, we didn't have time to make the most of hard rock doing only one night so it looks good to have an explore

Shame about Olive Garden but the rest of the evening sounds fab

Emma xx
Thanks Emma, it really was a lovely hotel, and writing the report is giving me serious pangs to go back! x

Originally Posted by Deggs View Post
Hi Jo, hotel looks great! Are you off anywhere this year? Sorry can't remember if you said.

We used to love '24'! My husband has got a Jack Bauer watch and used to have the CTU phone ring as his ringtone.

I think maybe in the lift Simon has 'gone dark'. On a Jack mission in his head!

Looking forward to reading the rest,

Deggs x
Haha, you might be right, I think perhaps Simon has gone dark He used to have the CTU ring tone too!

We've booked a week in Germany at the start of the summer holidays (bit different!) but I'm getting serious withdrawal symptoms for Florida at the moment - the perils of writing a trippy! xx

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
I like your lift selfie! The Hotel looks nice, you have done well to be near the park and not go in! Not sure I would be so restrained!
Nice that the boys are not missing the parks though.
Have made a note not to visit Olive Garden on account on the 'sick' smell! Thanks for that one
I still cant work out how Blob works. We play 'Bull---t" card game, kids love it!
Thank you! About missing the parks, you know what, we could've been anywhere, it wasn't like the parks were in our faces. And I think with staying in a different hotel, we didn't miss them too much. Had we been back at RPR it might have felt different as the norm is to go to the parks from there, if that makes sense?!

Originally Posted by Zomax25 View Post
Another great day!
Thank you

Originally Posted by COL41 View Post
Hi Jo, a few days to enjoy the hotel and pool sound bliss, but did you find it hard being so close to the parks? Any plans to return? xx
Hey Col!

We actually didn't find it hard being so close. There was one occasion, which is on another trippy day, but honestly, it wasn't too bad at all. No plans for this year () but there's talk of next year already x
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 17, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A good change over daythe rooms looked lovely. We have had some not so good meals at Olive Garden, but we went a couple of nights ago and had a really nice meal

Joan
Awwww, hi Joan Hope you're having a lovely time! Thanks for taking the time to stop by x

Originally Posted by Pumba75 View Post
Aww what a lovely day (minus the sick smell!) 😷

Melissa x
Yes, quite

Originally Posted by slow.jo View Post
Nice villa Only a few months till I'll be in your footsteps!

Sapphire Falls looks lovely!

Jo xx
Hey JoNips!

If only I'd known you were going while we were still there, we could've left you a secret message somewhere, what fun! Have a quick shifty round for the PSP would you

TFR xxx

Originally Posted by mouselover22 View Post
Cracking lift selfie's

Glad you were all impressed with Sapphire Falls. I suppose any new hotel can have teething problems, even those in Orlando Looks like you scored lucky with your room location

I hope Daniel's clothes turn up!

x
Aren't we quite the lift selfie experts We had no idea where to look x

Originally Posted by flo-tinka View Post
Sapphire Falls looks very sparkly and new! Glad you settled in so well 😀
First evening there sounds idyllic and because you are racing to a park you get to enjoy the hotel facilities. Yeah!

Lift selfies are deffo a thing we need to try out!
Make sure to master the lift selfie before you go, you know, like we did
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 17, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
Looks like a lovely day Jo, glad you were happy with Sapphire Falls, it looks lovely x
Thanks Shona x

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Glad the hotel turned out good! I tend to ignore TA reviews, they do love an exaggeration!

Ahhh was it not torture seeing the park in the distance? I honestly think I'd cave haha! No will power over here!

Shame OG wasn't as good that time! Xxx
I know what you mean about the reviews Rach!

Nope, not torture, but there were moments. Mostly though, it was easy to forget the parks were so close! x

Originally Posted by pip123 View Post
HiJo yayyy another day up and so quick well done Yes i will admit to getting just a little sad at the end of the holidays well i actually have a little whinge at some point sad i know, the hotel looks lovely, seems plenty to do and lovely rooms, i think Simon was planning how to cheat at blob in the lift because he does seem to be winning a lot more this holiday than normal was quite shocked looking at the photo with you and Adam together he is nearly as tall as you when did that happen looking forward to hearing more jo
Hey Sue

I think you are right about Simon, he was definitely not his usual self at Blob was he?

Funnily enough, Adam was taller than me this morning - he had his school shoes on and I had bare feet, but he was definitely taller. I probably need to stop him wearing high heels to lessons x

Originally Posted by moosha View Post
Sapphire Falls looks lovely Jo, and I can definitely understand how much you enjoyed just chilling out there having felt the same way about our time at Cabana Bay in 2014 .

Really enjoying your report as always, looking forward to more. M x
Thanks Michelle

You're right about chilling out - when you think that we weren't going to go to America at all, it was a real bonus to be there, even if we didn't go to the parks x

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
A $200 a day hold!? That's insane! No-one would have any money left to spend!

The rooms at Sapphire Falls look lovely, nice and airy.
I know! Do they really think people will spend that much a day anyway? Maybe they do?! x
Old 20 Mar 17, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gusgusmummy View Post
Lovely day. The hotel looks great ! It would kill me to be so close to universal and not go in however that being said no Disney for us this time 😬 And in future it will be one or the other ! Loving your report xx
Thank you x

Originally Posted by FLAFantastic View Post
Good day Jo!

We have 'fell out' with Olive Garden. Had a few bad meals.

We are also doing a no parks holiday this year but how could you stay on site and not be tempted!

Tom (youngest) wants to visit Volcano Bay but can't justify a 1 day ticket cost. We'll see!

AnnMarie
Ah but you see, it didn't feel like we were on site as we haven't stayed there before and visited the parks, so the hotel could've been anywhere. Apart from the US shop and the water taxi, I don't think there was much else around to remind us. It would've been nice to do the parks, but we knew it was a treat just to be in America rather than Spain

I can't wait to hear about Volcano Bay, it looks amazing! x

Originally Posted by disneytrio View Post
Sapphire falls looks really lively, the grounds look beautiful. A lively relaxing day!
It really was a lovely hotel. I hope it stays all bright and shiny and doesn't get tired looking too soon

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
A lovely day, sapphire falls looks brilliant and I can see a lot of similarities to RPR
It really was brilliant, just perfect for us
Old 20 Mar 17, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by codym View Post
Sapphire falls looks lovely, I'm also wondering how it was being so close to the patios at the hotel but not going.. my eldest would go nuts!
Adam was the one who missed the parks the most, but understood that the original plan was to not even be in America, so he was okay really

Originally Posted by Milner View Post
Great read. Lovely villa you were staying in.
Thanks Carole, it was a really lovely Dibb Villa
Old 20 Mar 17, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Another great day, I must admit, I would find it hard staying in a Universal hotel & not visiting the parks!

Shame about Olive Garden, the very first time we ate there we weren't too keen. We went back out of desperation one evening & loved it & have had really good meals since. It's obviously not very consistent with it's food quality.

Love the look of the hotel!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
So pleased to see another day up on your trippie! I get so sad whenever I leave a hotel/apartment, it's like a holiday ritual! Sapphire Falls looks lovely, I admired it from the boat dock while we were at RPR, I could see myself staying there but hubby won't stay unless they offer express passes, meh!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Another great day, I must admit, I would find it hard staying in a Universal hotel & not visiting the parks!

Shame about Olive Garden, the very first time we ate there we weren't too keen. We went back out of desperation one evening & loved it & have had really good meals since. It's obviously not very consistent with it's food quality.

Love the look of the hotel!
It's funny how restaurant experiences can be so different, even in the same branch it's happened to us!

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
So pleased to see another day up on your trippie! I get so sad whenever I leave a hotel/apartment, it's like a holiday ritual! Sapphire Falls looks lovely, I admired it from the boat dock while we were at RPR, I could see myself staying there but hubby won't stay unless they offer express passes, meh!
Ahhhh, perhaps when you've done the parks to death and fancy a no park trip you could look to stay at SF?! No park trips are catching on you know I do agree with your DH though, if you're going to the parks, and budget allows, gotta be RPR x