Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Feb 09, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
carolynn38
Very Serious Dibber

RCI Mariner - Mexican Riviera

Looking to book a 7 night Mexican Riviera cruise in Oct (beg) on RCI Mariner of the Seas from Los Angeles.

I have done RCI Freedom before on the West Caribbean route so have a good idea what to expect, but I just wondered if anyone had done this route before, or even sailed on Mariner.

Cracking deal though - £990 for both of us (no flights but balcony cabin). That incl all fees and gratuities!
carolynn38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 09, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

Sailed on the Mariner Oct 2007 - a great ship, big but loads to do. I believe from talking to crew its similar to freedom Class in design, just a bit smaller! We were on the bottom floor of the dining room for Dinner, beside a window - you were only just above the water level and it was fab watching the sun go down whilst at Dinner.
The food was pretty good, although we like eating breakfast and lunch outside and we couldnt as there were no tables on deck outside the buffet.
We hardly saw DS as he made friends and spent most of his time in the clubs.

The Mexican riviera itinery looks great - Parents did panama canal from LA last year and said the resorts they visited in Mexican Riviera were the nicest they had been to in a long time.
Old 24 Feb 09, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Ste
Imagineer

Ste's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great deal Carolynn! I had a pretty similar deal for the Freedom in September - I checked my price yesterday , it's gone up by over £700! In just a month. Think I nabbed a bargain! All of RCCL's prices just seem to be going up and up. Carnival have some amazing offers.. Looking at one for February 2010!

I'd of liked to have done the 50+ day cruise the Mariner just did from Port Canaveral to LA - Via the horn! ( South America + Falklands) - Bet that was amazing.
Old 24 Feb 09, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Originally Posted by carolynn38 View Post
Looking to book a 7 night Mexican Riviera cruise in Oct (beg) on RCI Mariner of the Seas from Los Angeles.

I have done RCI Freedom before on the West Caribbean route so have a good idea what to expect, but I just wondered if anyone had done this route before, or even sailed on Mariner.

Cracking deal though - £990 for both of us (no flights but balcony cabin). That incl all fees and gratuities!

That is good prices as I wish to booking it

Balcony cabin is a great as we had it last year with Disney Cruise for Panama Canal for 15 days, as it was best...

But we have not try RCI yet as love to do it in one day...

Scottishwee35
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 09, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
carolynn38
Very Serious Dibber

Just booked - woohoo

Got a bit worried as we put the cabin on hold on Wed and knew it was safe till Fri. DBF calls me up yesterday to say he has just checked online the price and it has gone up over £100 pp.

Anyway, we made the decision there and then to go for it, so I called the TA to go ahead with the booking, and just to check that the price was the same as quoted. And it was

And I said it was higher in my first post - it is actually £920 for both of us for the week! Result!

Just got to wait for Mr Tesco to send me through my converted deals then I can book the first part of the hol with Vitgin
carolynn38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 09, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Well done you! Sounds great
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Feb 09, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Ste
Imagineer

Ste's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Fab deal Carolynne! When I was looking at the Liberty last year I noticed there were some decent priced 7 night cruises from LA then. Something like £250 for an inside stateroom. Didn't fancy it though ( at the time - Do now though lol) - long flight for my Nan and plus I wanted their biggest ship
Old 27 Feb 09, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread