Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Apr 09, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Planaholic
slightly serious Dibber

Dcl stateroom gifts

I was thinking of ordering either the chocolate tower or champagne and petit fours/chocolate strawberries in room gift.

Has anyone ever ordered these? I thought it would be a nice treat for DH and DD8. Are they as nice as the picture makes them look and also I see the chocolate tower comes in 3 layers, but what is in the 3 layers?
Planaholic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Apr 09, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
I orderd the choc tower for my partner last Sept. If I remember, it was a layer of milk, dark and white chocolate. They had run out so they gave us the white chocolate champagne 'glass' instead and it was lovely.

There's a photo of it somewhere in my trip report below .. it'll be on the first day when we first get into the room.
Old 20 Apr 09, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post

we have had the champagne and petit fours and they are lovely

there is a half eaten pic on my trip report because alas some greedy guts got to them before we had chance to get the camera out of it's bag so there's a few strawbs and one or two other items missing

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=214333

Edited at 09:39 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 09, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Planaholic
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks for your replies, they do look nice

My other thought was the Bon Voyage decorations they put up in the cabin. Has anyone had this done? Do you get to take them home with you? I know DD would love them as see loves shiney things (I think she must be a magpie really) and do you get a cake with it? Is it nice or tiddley.
Planaholic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 09, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
We saw a room with these decorations in and they looked lovely. I'd certainly be happy to order them if we had a special occasion (they do birthday and anniversary too I seem to remember).

The cake is small and it's a sponge one with sicky icing on top! MMmmmmmmm .. standard USA cake really. Not much flavour but ultimately, it's cake so who cares!
Old 21 Apr 09, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Planaholic
slightly serious Dibber

I like the idea of the chocolate tower as it looks like the chocolate comes in a box so, if you don't eat it, you can take it with you. But, lets be honest, am I likely to want chocolate whilst I'm on the cruise and also staying at WDW, somehow I don't think I will starve

I'm definately going to go for the decorations as I would have thought they will be ours to keep and DD will love them, DH, being a man, will look at them and say something along the lines of "oh yes, I didn't notice them, yes lovely", but that's the most I can expect from him. He can eat the cake instead and DD can have the sparkley things.

Thanks everyone, another tick in the box.
Old 21 Apr 09, 01:55 PM  
Link to this Post
dopeymo
VIP Dibber

We had the Bon Voyage decs and we did bring them home with us.

We also ordered the bag that had the tennis rackets etc for Castaway Cay.
dopeymo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Apr 09, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
ANGEL
Imagineer

ANGEL's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
we've also ordered the champagne and strawberries/petit fours, but to be honest I don't think I'd do it again... the champagne was lovely but we couldn't eat the food so it was wasted
Old 22 Apr 09, 01:19 AM  
Link to this Post
jdybnsn
Imagineer

You can also arrange (with a bit of careful planning) for your own gifts to arrive in your cabin...I have successfully ordered & received, both wedding favors for example, and also gifts for the kids...both from American websites that are able to take orders from UK customers.
You need to order about 14 days before your sail date, and use specific address & delivery instructions..I'll look it up if anyone is interested ?

This is a site I've used for ordering pirate and mermaid related stuff for the kids a couple of times now...it isn't gift wrapped but it arrives in a box in your cabin for the kids to open as a surprise... more choice & better value than many DCL gifts...

deadmentellnotales/

...sorry about the sound effects on the website ...you can turn them off LOL

**GOLD CASTAWAY CAY MEMBERS !**Feb2002- I Drive Feb2004- PORS Feb2006 -Regal Palms/4 Night Disney Wonder Feb2008- Reunion /Disney Magic Western/Omni@CG Feb2010 - Reunion/Disney Magic Eastern/Hammock Beach PalmCoast July2010- Disney Magic 8 Night Dover-Barcelona July2011 Disney Magic10 Night Med.Feb2012-Anna Maria Island/Disney Dream X2/Hyatt GC. May 2014 Disney Fantasy Eastern

Edited at 01:29 AM.
jdybnsn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 09, 01:19 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread