Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 26 Feb 17, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore14
Apprentice Imagineer

Eeyore14's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Tampa Lowry Zoo nd The Florida Aquarium

As you can tell I am having a day of planning, we are looking at visiting Tampa for the day. Do you think we could do Lowry park Zoo in a couple of hours and then go to the Aquarium in the afternoon? I am not sure how big these places are? Or if there is a lot to see at the Aquarium, so not sure realistically how much time we would spend there. We are 4 adults so won't be interested in things like the splash zone!
There is also a boat cruise from the aquarium in the afternoon at 13:00 or 14:30. Do you think I am trying to squeeze too much into one day?
Old 26 Feb 17, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Spencerfamily
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Not sure if you would fit the cruise in as well as never done that, but you might well do. We did both the zoo and the aquarium in the same day when our daughter was 5 so our pace wasn't fast! We did zoo in the morning. Ate lunch as a picnic there and then aquarium in afternoon.
Spencerfamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 06:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore14
Apprentice Imagineer

Eeyore14's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Thanks for your reply. We tend to whizz round things a bit anyway, so it sounds as if it is do able then. The boat trip is 75 mins, so hopeful;;y will be able to fit that in with a look around the aquarium.
Old 8 Mar 17, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
kaytronika
slightly serious Dibber

I think if you aren't zoo mad like we are you can probably power round Lowry Park Zoo in a half day. It's the bigger of the three none-theme park zoos we've visited in Florida, but it's not up to the size of somewhere like Chester. Be sure to check out Yim the clouded leopard, he's our favourite.

Not seen the Florida aquarium before, thanks for the heads up on that one. I'll do some research and maybe pop that on to our 'to do' list. I thought you were referring to Clearwater Marine Aquarium initially (Winter the dolphins home)
kaytronika is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 17, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
webby3
slightly serious Dibber

Have done Lowry park zoo in the morning and Florida aquarium in the afternoon on various occasions and its never felt rushed, only relaxed and good fun.
webby3 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 17, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
CRISSY61
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Mobile

It really depends on whether you prefer to get outdoors at the zoo or be in air conditioned comfort on how long you would stay at each place. Personally as 2 adults visiting I found the aquarium too enclosed and not as interesting as the zoo . 2 hours is plenty for the aquarium but I find you get yr money's worth at the zoo- the animals do more and I wld do this as a separate visit. Found the boat trip a waste of money nothing to see no wildlife not even interesting scenery