Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 12 Mar 17, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Maggi68
Excited about Disney

Mobile Which cruise lines depart florida?

It's a big birthday for my husband and my dad next year so we were considering another trip to florida.

Only been once last year and vowed to come back. Dad wasn't too keen last year on all the theme parks as he found it all too regimented!

Mum and dad just been on a cruise and raved about it and I'd love to try it too so now thinking of combining the two and having a week - 10 days in Orlando followed by a cruise. Are there any cruise lines that depart from and return to florida? Don't mind which port as we can hire a car or possibly transfers but I've looked at a few and they seem to depart from Miami, tampa, fort l etc but end in the Caribbean whereas we'd want to come back to same port? We're looking at may 2018 if that helps.

Thanks.
Maggi68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 17, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Most cruises out of Florida ports return to the same port on 7, 14 and some 10 or 11 day itineraries. There are some shorter 3/4 day cruises as well.
Most cruise traffic is from Fort Lauderdale and Miami but lots of cruises from Port Canaveral and Tampa.
Have a look at Vacationstogo.com for quite a comprehensive list of sailings.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 17, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

we've done three cruises from port canaveral. First two combined with a week in Florida, last year we did Vegas then a cruise.

Royal Caribbean every time. Absolutely love cruising and gutted that this year we are doing two solid weeks in Florida . First world problems
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 17, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Maggi68
Excited about Disney

Thanks for that I will take a look at that website and see what's available.

We've never cruised before so have nothing to compare it too. We thought a 7 night would be best but perhaps even a 3/4 night cruise would suit to try it out.
Maggi68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 17, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
ayles300
Imagineer

We've booked our first cruise for this August, starting off doing a four day one to the Bahamas to see if we like it. Departing from Port Canaveral with Carnival cruise lines, heard they are more of a lively cruise and not to formal which suits us with the children.
The cost was £1162 with a balcony.
I think Disney and RCL goes from cape canaveral.
* Int Drive Nov 91* Paris Aug 92* Disney Paris Santa Fe Jan 08* Clear Creek Circle May 09* Cumbrian Lakes May 11* Veranda Palms Sept 12* Indian Point & Daytona 500 Feb 13* Indian Point May 14 3 weeks!* IndianRidge Oaks April 15* Lake Berkley 40th May 16* Bahamas Cruise & Cumbrian Lakes Aug 17* Eagle point & Road trip April 19*
ayles300 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 17, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Maggi68 View Post
Thanks for that I will take a look at that website and see what's available.

We've never cruised before so have nothing to compare it too. We thought a 7 night would be best but perhaps even a 3/4 night cruise would suit to try it out.
We've done the western itinerary twice and the eastern once. Doubt you'll be disappointed, 3/4 nights wouldn't be long enough to get round everything on the ship. They're impressive!
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 17, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We are going on royal Caribbean harmony of the seas in October from Fort Lauderdale stopping at labadee rci's island,Puerto Rico and st Maarten. The first week and the last night in Orlando. Looks like their is a lot to do on the ship and I have read good reviews so far. I am going to try to do a trip report when we go but I only lasted 2 days last time before I forgot about it so don't hold your breath !

Edited at 01:38 PM.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 17, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
phoebe23
Serious Dibber

Mobile

We started with RCI on a 7night Eastern Caribbean in 2005 and haven't stopped cruising since. Always cruise with Celebrity now its just us 2 (our Florida trips are with the grandkids) - knotched up 20+ and prefer Fort Lauderdale sailings as it's a nice pre/post cruise stay. Prefer US cruise style and their loyalty clubs are interchangeable too🚢
phoebe23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 17, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

We have just done a Carnival cruise which was amazing and such great value for money. They leave from PC, Tampa FL . We are booking another one.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 17, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Maggi68
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Wow thanks everyone for the feedback all sounds very positive! I'll have to get my head round tips & drinks packages but think it could be a great choice, especially with our daughter who will be 11 when we go. She'll love having other kids to play with!

Thanks