Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 16 Mar 17, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

cirque or MNSSHP, HELP!

so - we're now in the process of picking out shows, evening entertainment etc... and cannot decide on which to do!

we're tempted to do cirque as it stops the end of this year (not to mention it's not as hard hitting on the wallet) , but on the other hand i've heard lots of people saying how fab MNSSHP is. i'm between a rock and a hard place here!

what's everyone elses experiences with these?
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 17, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

your going to hear vast opinions! ..I have done MNSSHP twice and although i enjoyed it,for me it is not worth the amount of cash for entry when theoretically you already have entrance. (but will be turned out at 7pm) ..For American neighbors of DW or people staying off site without the 14 day passes it is a good deal!.You are going to see fireworks any way & Parades,they just wont be dressed for Halloween!
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 17, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

the price difference is really making me lean towards Cirque. Thomsons are doing a deal too where tickets are just £21 each for cirque!
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 17, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post

It's such an apples and oranges question...but I've done both so I'll try.

How old are your kids?

My son was 9 when we went - and MNSSHP was (to him) our best night in Orlando. You get 8 hours in MK (4 PM - 12 AM), special fireworks and parade, a Halloween stage show, the chance to meet rare characters (Jack & Sally, 7 Dwarfs, Lotso, etc...) and all the candy and treats.

Cirque is a good show - it's less than 2 hours, though - so that's where the apples/oranges thing comes in.

My DH and DS have NO interest in Cirque - I went with my brother a few years ago. To me, it was a lot like the ballet - what the performers could DO was amazing, but I didn't love it in the same way I love the theatre/musicals/the opera. Just my two cents, obviously.

Don't feel obligated - but if you click on the Orlando and Sanibel Island 2016 link in my signature - you can look at my LONG trip report post for MNSSHP - it's Day 3. My photos aren't the greatest - but it might give you a sense of why you pay so much more for that party.

Having said that - if I didn't have kids, or had teenagers - I'd go for Cirque.

Hope this helps a little!

Edited at 11:42 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 17, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Davy Crockett
Imagineer

Davy Crockett's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I've done MNSSHP and while it was enjoyable, I wouldn't break my neck to go again, so if I had to choose it would be Cirque, I've never seen it, but quite a few Dibbers and friends have and say it's fantastic.
Old 16 Mar 17, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

i have seen cirque ( my first ever date with my OH hah ) when they were performing Glasgow and it was fantastic. My kids are 4 and 6 and have actually watched a cirque show on Netflix and both loved it.

We plan on going back to Orlando in maybe 2 - 3 years time so maybe because MNSSHP goes on until 12am it'd be more beneficial if the kids were older?
Old 16 Mar 17, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Cirque shows in the UK are nothing like the show in florida.

I have done both MNSS and Cirque both are very good to see.

Cirque does not last as long as MNSS so if you are looking for a full evening out then that would be the choice.

Cirque is good if you wish to combine it with a walk round Disney springs and maybe take a bite to eat.

Cirque is a more relaxed evening than MNSS you go in get seated and relax and watch the show.

MNSS is very busy, fireworks are one of the best I have seen, and the parade seems to stay with you more than a standard Disney parade.

It is hard to choose so I often do none or both. this year it will be both.
We got free cirque tickets
Old 18 Mar 17, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

we decided to do Cirque in the end. We'll do MNSSHP when the kids are a wee bit older (hoping to get back in 2019 shh OH doesn't know this yet )
Old 18 Mar 17, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Triciamcl
VIP Dibber

Triciamcl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Sorry but I didn't realise it was ending, don't k ow how I missed this why ? Is it being replaced ?

2010 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2011 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2012 DOUBLETREE RESORT
2015 POFQ, RPR and DOUBLETREE RESORT
2017 POFQ

2022 POFQ & Cabana Bay
Triciamcl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 17, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

i'm not sure - It has been there just shy of 20 years i think i read and they just want to move onto something eles i think. here's the article about it:

disneyparks.disney.go/bl...this-december/