juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
:) Another Dose of Disney Dreams August 2016 - Day 23 - Nassau & Pirates Night

INDEX

Previous day – here

Saturday 27th August

Had a strange night’s sleep as I could hear the wind whistling outside it wasn’t really loud or anything I could just hear it. Funnily enough the movement of the boat didn’t affect me I felt fine in that way but had calmed down quite a bit.

Those black out curtains were really good too I know we had the privacy curtain too but it really was quite dark in the room. I sneaked onto the balcony managing not to wake Hayden as he was asleep in the bed at the side of the door. Like the previous morning I was a little apprehensive about what I’d see once I stepped outside but luckily I was greeted with a beautiful sky. A little cloudy yes but no rain and also no sign of that predicted storm either.

Even saw a rainbow how cool

I could even see land in the distance so knew that we weren’t far from the port.

Scott came out and joined me he’d been up to get a coffee. He said that the thing he could hear the most was the clattering of the coat hangers as they banged together in the wardrobe. We’d not got many clothes hung up in so there were quite a few spare ones, strange how we both heard different things.

As the boat turned round I really felt the boat move which kind of reminded me to take some more tablets, it had been 24 hours since my last lot.

We started to reverse into the dock there were a couple of other ships already there.

Hayden and Jamie joined us on the balcony and were very excited to see we were in another Port. It was then that I realised that Poppy and I had a meet and greet with the Princesses at 9.30 so we had to get a bit of a move on to get ready! Firstly though I had to wake Poppy, well she was more or less awake.

The boys didn’t have to rush as much we said we’d meet them down in the Atrium. It was busy there we could see all the Princesses all lined up and you went in one queue which them went from one princess to the next one. We weren’t queuing long and we bumped into Aimee and Lauren who were further up in the line.

First off was Cinderella who remarked on how wonderful Poppy’s ears were…

Then the beautiful Belle…

Followed by the lovely Rapunzel…

Then lastly Snow White who came over to say hello…

All of the Princesses were lovely and spent a little time talking with Poppy, of course no autographs were needed as Poppy already had them. I thought it was such a great way to see the princesses and it didn’t take up a great deal of time either.

Next stop was for the Frozen meet and greet which was between 10-10.15, we hot footed it to the Animators Palette but we arrived in plenty of time. The place was all Frozen themed it looked lovely in there with all the TVs showing different winter scene’s.

Before we knew the sister’s were welcoming Poppy they’d noticed that Poppy was wearing some Frozen shorts and said how lovely they were. This made Poppy’s morning

Another lovely meet and greet, really relaxed and unrushed. It seemed like we’d done a lot already today but wed not even had any breakfast!

No time to relax

The boys were waiting outside the Animators Palette we met back up then went to Cabanas for some much needed food! Good thing about going later was it was quiet but still loads of food available.

This breakfast was so good and my absolute favourite was the eggs Benedict so delicious! I actually had eggs three ways and how happy were we to see that they had Mickey waffles. We didn’t leave until 11.

Poppy needed to change into her swim gear and get sun creamed up so we popped back to the room to do so. Rose our stateroom host and already been in and put the beds away and had tidied up everything, which wasn’t as bad as yesterday I must add. We’d also got our bandanas for the evening, what a star she was.

Everything nice and tidy!

Taking in the beautiful view

In the distance we could see another ship arriving and the kids wanted to watch it come in.

Love how they wanted to wave to everyone

Finally time to go out to enjoy that sunshine! We headed up to the pool which was busy but we were able to find a few deckchairs where Scott and I sat down and watched the kids from.

I was only sat down for a while when I thought I’d have a quick walk around the upper deck to take a few pictures. The Dream looked so lovely in the sun.

As I was looking out to sea I saw this cruise ship heading towards us, oh my word it was massive! It docked at the side of us and it dwarfed our ship, it was the Norwegian Escape. Straight away Jamie and Hayden were like WOW look at all the water slides on that ship! There’s no doubt it looked really impressive.

Back to enjoying our beautiful ship!

Continued below…
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 17, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Jamie had been over to get an ice cream with Hayden, they’d forgotten to bring me one back though. We then settled down to watch the film on Funnel Vision which was the Little Mermaid.

The boys then asked if we could go off the ship for a while to have a look round Nassau so we said yeah why not. I did explain that there probably wouldn’t be a great deal to do for us apart from look round the shops but everyone was still keen to go. It would be nice to have a walk anyway.

Managed to get our favourite lift!

I just couldn’t believe how lovely the weather was considering the awful forecast we’d been given. It felt appropriate given that we were on this beautiful Island that the sun would be shining.

As we walked Jamie spotted the Atlantis hotel in the distance, he asked if we could go? Erm no chance of that happening let’s just admire it from afar.

I’d expected us to get mobbed as we walked through the market place, you know how it is with everybody trying to sell you stuff. Well nobody came over to us, spoke to us or even looked our way! We must have looked like locals haha. So it was easy for us to walk through I said we’d have look for the Pandora shop so I could have a nose around. We turned right as we walked on but after I while I figured maybe we were heading in the wrong direction. Don’t ask me why I thought that as we had no idea where anything was but it didn’t look high end enough for a Pandora shop, the area that is.

Anyway we turned back and somehow found ourselves on what looked like a high street and we saw a Pandora sign. We stepped in and straight away the assistants were on you, I don’t like it when they do that but I do appreciate they’re only doing their job. I asked to look at the Disney charms and bought myself a lovely new Mickey charm to add to the beautiful Disney exclusive bracelet Scott had got me for our anniversary.

Whilst I’d be browsing the shop Scott had got the kids some of the complimentary fruit and a drink to nibble on. I asked Scott to pass me a drink of the orange juice as I was a bit thirsty, I took one sip and I thought ooo that tastes a bit strange? Took another drink and thought yep this as alcohol in it, rum. Of course this was fine for me and Scott but straight away I asked if the kids had any, turned out Hayden had. Thankfully it was only a little bit and he hadn’t realised it tasted different. He’d have been really upset if he’d have thought he’d broken the rules in any way so we just left it at that!

We made our way back towards the ship our excursion to the Bahamas had been short and sweet but we had a few unique memories of our visit.

Took a few more pictures of the Dream you could really appreciate the size and the beauty of her. The other ships looked lovely but I preferred ours the most.

As we were stood it started to rain it just came from nowhere. It was a bit of a downpour but very short lived. We dashed to under the little shelters near to the dock but as soon as we stood there it stopped raining. Turned out this was the only rain we got all day how lucky had we been.

Back onboard we went to get a bite to eat. Cabanas was shut so we went to the little snack place forgot the name and picked up some fruit and a sandwich. We weren’t really hungry probably due to having too many ice creams and a late breakfast.

Poppy said she wanted to go to the Oceaneers club so we took her there. Asked the boys what they’d like to do and they wanted to play the Midship Detective Agency. We’d just passed the start of it so we picked up the card and got going with it.

This really was a lot of fun to do but boy was there a lot of walking involved. Now don’t get me wrong we love walking but I’d got my flip flops on so did find it a bit of a struggle lol. It was also a good way of getting your bearings as you travelled all around the ship.

Thought it was really cool how the pictures came alive and some of the little clips of video were really funny.

On the way to one of the clues we had to walk past the Oceaneers club well I couldn’t help but have a peek inside. I saw Poppy sat down in a circle with a few other girls and Snow White was in the middle of them with a basket of flowers. How lovely, Poppy later told us that Snow White had come to read them a few stories, can you think of anything sweeter.

One of the clues had us visiting Pepe’s stateroom door, this was so cute!

The clues took us all round the ship and probably to places we wouldn’t have visited otherwise. It really was a good thing to do and quite a work out too.

Lots of clues here

We eventually found the culprit to this Muppet version of the game, hopefully we’d have time to do the other one.

Loving the details everywhere

Scott went to pick Poppy up whilst the Boys and me went back to shower and change ready for dinner. It was nice to sit out on the balcony we faced the big Norwegian ship at that point. I opened the bottle of wine and we shared some of it. We were due to leave at 5pm but it was actually 5.20 when we departed I was looking for any late comings running along the dock but we didn’t see any. Hopefully everyone made it on time. The kid’s waved goodbye to our Norwegian friends as we left, we even had a few people wave back at us!

Ready for Pirate’s night!

Arrrrrr!

Tonight we were eating in the Animators Palette and it would be interesting to see it in its usual state. Even though we stopped for a couple of photos along the way we were there for 5.45 and it looked like we were one of the first to arrive in our area.

Our server Arya came and gave us the menus and he kindly offered to take a photo of us all. He’d also brought some bread over to our table.

All you while you are sat there the photographers came round to take your photo’s now these are for the paid photographs. Now we knew we didn’t want any packages so didn’t really seek the photographers out but we didn’t really have a choice when we were sat there. Scott had taken Hayden to the restroom so they took a family photo of us 3, what was the point of that!

Continued below…
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Mar 17, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Our food came out which like the previous night was good but nothing special. Strangely Jamie had been given a child’s menu so ordered from that whereas in the Royal Palace Jamie had eaten an adult meal? Now we didn’t realise this until the end of our meal when Jamie pointed it out to us otherwise we would have maybe ordered an adult meal. Jamie still enjoyed what he had.

In between the rest of our food coming out we were entertained some of the time by Crush and his friends. It was the same concept as Turtle Talk at Epcot with Crush having a chat with the audience. He spoke with the families nearest to the screen and it was really funny, so good how they do this. Everybody around us was laughing and enjoying the antics of Crush and his friends it’s worth coming here for this alone.

Crush swam all the way around the restaurant so that everyone had the chance to enjoy his wit and humour!
In the meantime Poppy and Jamie had received some Pirate hats and they also got on with some colouring. Really enjoyed the atmosphere of this restaurant.

Our desserts came out which I really enjoyed it appeared that the kids just couldn’t get enough ice cream as that’s what they ordered again.

As we walked out of the Animators Palete we passed those big portholes the ones you can sit in. Of course like everybody else did we couldn’t walk by without taking a few pictures.

I’d just like to add that today I couldn’t really feel any movement from the ship. It was really smooth and probably how it usually is in calm waters. Any swaying about by me tonight would probably be down to the wine and cocktails!

Up on the top decks the pirate party had started I did wonder how many adults would be dressed up and it really was a mixture. Some families really went to town with their outfits which looked fab and of course we saw lots of children dressed up in their Pirate gear. The majority of people were like us and wore their bandana so it really was a case of come as you wanted to.

We went up onto the next level and watched the kids from there as they joined in with the pirate fun and games

I had another cocktail of the day…

When the games had finished the kids came back up to us and we watched the show from the upper level. It was a good spot to watch it from but it wasn’t as crowded as on the main deck.
We all enjoyed it there were lots of familiar pirate songs to sing along too and plenty of dancing as well. Of course all of the gang were there and Mickey and his pals looked fantastic in this show.

This particular show might have finished but it was nearly time for the other main show to start. Tonight in the Walt Disney Theatre was the Villians tonight show…

Now this might have been my least favourite of the 3 shows but that’s not to say it wasn’t any good because it was brilliant. Ask Poppy though and she’d say that this was her favourite. It’s just that I enjoyed the other two slightly more. I have to say that all the productions were top rate and there was nothing I could fault with any of the shows. At times it felt like you were at a musical or similar.

Poppy wanted to go back to the kids club and so did the boys so we walked them over to the Oceaneers and the Edge. Wow another hour or so to ourselves we were doing well!

Another ride in our favourite lift!

We had a couple more drinks and sat up in the adult area again for a little bit of peace and quiet. I could imagine it to be a lovely place to relax in the daytime so different to the main pool we’d seen.

When we heard that the firework show was about to begin we went back down to watch it. Beforehand there was plenty of swashbuckin to be had and Jack Sparrow arrived in a very dramatic way.

Now whilst it wasn’t any Wishes it was still an impressive display I mean cruising round the Bahamas whilst watching a firework display!

Went to pick Poppy up shed had another lovely time there and asked if she could stay till it shut, it was about 11.30 and the club stayed open until 1am. I couldn’t believe it. I said she stay later tomorrow night instead we could order some food once we got back to our room.

Scott collected Hayden and Jamie and they’d watched the fireworks with their club, said they’d seen us too. Poppy wasn’t impressed that we’d all seen the fireworks and she hadn’t I felt a bit bad but then Scott had videoed some of it so we showed her that. You can’t have it all!

Back in our room we all studied the room service menu and decided on the order. Phoned through and was told the food would arrive in around 20 minutes so in the meantime we all changed ready for bed. Sure enough around 15 to 20 minutes there was a knock on the door and a lovely man was outside with 2 trays of food. We gave him a few dollars as a tip and then the kids tucked into their little midnight feast!

Lights were out just before 12.30 after another amazing day on the Dream. We had been so lucky with the weather considering the rubbish forecast wed been given. The sun had been out for most of the day and whilst it was a little breezy it was still the sea were fairly calm.

I’m not sure what it is about a cruise but the time seemed to be flying by! I wished we could have slowed the time down a little

Tomorrow we’d be heading to Castaway Cay…fingers crossed for good weather again

Thanks for reading
Old 18 Mar 17, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

It's funny how yesterday you felt the movement on the boat more when you were higher up. I could feel it so badly lower down, I was okay after the first day, but to begin with I felt like I was drunk.

You did so much today and really made the most of the ship, I just sat on the balcony and read, I feel guilty!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 17, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Another day in paradise Julia! The ship looks beautiful, your daughter is so cute too bless her, in her little ears. The pirate oarty looks great fun, I love a deck party! Cruising is so addictive - will you go again?

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 17, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordieprincess
Apprentice Imagineer

Looks amazing, we so want to do a Disney cruise! But I get sea sick and have been ill on 2 cruises despite taking stugeron every 8 hours for the week. The last time (2005) we said never again. But I'm tempted by the 3 day Disney one with no days at sea. Which tablets do you take that last 24 hours?
Geordieprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 17, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBride08
Apprentice Imagineer

Another great day. You really did do so much. We are in debate about what to do on this day of the cruise. My OH wants to do one of the trips but I love you explore the ship day x

1996 WDW Offsite / 2001 DLP HNY / 2002 WDW ASM / 2004 DLP NB / 2008 Our Wedding Trip WDW POFQ & GF / 2009 - WDW CSR / 2010 DLP with bump! NB / 2012 WDW AKL / 2013 DLP HC

Our 2017 return DCL / BC / Universal HRH Vlogs
DisneyBride08 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 17, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Another fab day. Can't believe all the entertainment on offer plus fireworks! Amazing. Love the midnight feast too. Great pics as always.

Old 18 Mar 17, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Another fantastic day, the ship sounds idilic, the pirates night looks fantastic!
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Mar 17, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
closeder
slightly serious Dibber

So happy that you posted another cruise day so quickly, you fitted in loads! Looking forward to reading your castaway day!

Index to my trip reports at link below, updating live
"Over the hill and sailing away March 2017"
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/repo...p?userid=36640
closeder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List