Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 26 Mar 17, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfreaks
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
We stayed at Hawks Cay resort on Duck Key in a 2 bedroom house. The resort, I can only describe as absolutely superb, although I cannot remember how much we paid.

Highlights were walking the old 7 mile bridge and obviously, Key West, which was as sleazy a hangout as I had ever imagined. Really interesting place with a lot of history.

All I would say, is that if you are looking for absolutely awesome beaches, then you are probably going to the wrong place. Those are on the gulf coast.
We've stayed here too but we had a room in the hotel, it needed updating & the bathroom leaked but...I do remember the pool was georgeous & so so lovely & warm (I get cold easily in pools) but could stay in this pool all day - like a warm bath :-)
Disneyfreaks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Becstarprincess
Proud to wear my Ears

Key west is fab, but is very expensive, but the drive down the keys is amazing and something to really relish.
I can highly recommend a trip to the dry tortugas you can get a boat at the key west dock for a day trip it's a couple hrs there and back with lunch included if you like to snorkelling it's brilliant, but take lots of sun cream it's a proper desert island !
Becstarprincess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 17, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
The Wardles
Having Dinner with Goofy

We had heard that all the keys were the same as Key West, each little town like Duck, Sugerloaf etc, but I would love to go, purely because its a beautiful looking place, and because Bloodline was filmed there. Would love to know how you get on, and if you decide to drive all the way to the end.
Old 2 Apr 17, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
The Bairn
Serious Dibber

I have visited Key West but only via Cruise ships, so this year taking the drive down.

Staying at Pelican Cove Resort & Marina in Islamorada for a couple of nights to explore mid keys, for some reason didn't like the look of Key Largo.

Here

Then the drive to Key West for three nights at Southernmost Beach Resort.

Here

To break the drive up to Orlando I have booked Margaritaville Resort at Hollywood Beach for a couple of nights, first time there and will give us a base to shop at Sawgrass Mills.

Here

Looking forward to see some more new places, before heading up to the Beach & Yacht Club!

Happy to give thoughts, if anyone looking for advice.
East coast USA since '92 - Rosen Centre, Wyndham, Marriott World Center, Championsgate Villas, Peabody/Hyatt, Hyatt Grand Cypress, Yacht Club, Beach Club, WDW Dolphin, Animal Kingdom, Gran Destino, Hard Rock, Royal Pacific, Sapphire Falls, Key West, Hollywood Beach, Miami, St Petes, Sandpearl, AMI x24, Caribbean cruises, Smokey Mountains, Nashville.

Edited at 01:42 PM.
The Bairn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 17, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

If you fancy some reasonably priced accommodation in Key West, take a look at the Best Western Hibiscus ... excellent value for money in a great location

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 17, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Airbnb for Marathon is normally cheaper than staying in Key Largo or Key West.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 17, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by The Bairn View Post
I have visited Key West but only via Cruise ships, so this year taking the drive down.

Staying at Pelican Cove Resort & Marina in Islamorada for a couple of nights to explore mid keys, for some reason didn't like the look of Key Largo.

Here

Then the drive to Key West for three nights at Southernmost Beach Resort.

Here

To break the drive up to Orlando I have booked Margaritaville Resort at Hollywood Beach for a couple of nights, first time there and will give us a base to shop at Sawgrass Mills.

Here

Looking forward to see some more new places, before heading up to the Beach & Yacht Club!

Happy to give thoughts, if anyone looking for advice.
Some lovely hotels there
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 17, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Eve C
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by returnplanning View Post
What was the name of the trailer park?
It was on the manatee bay marina - morris avenue. There are a few different bays and we stopped at buccaneers bay ( I think that was more the name of the trailer than the park though)
2013 - Florida Pines Villa
2017 - Calabay Parc Villa
Eve C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 17, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
katiebaz
Apprentice Imagineer

katiebaz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Have just spent 4 days in Key Largo staying at the rock Reef resort. It is a laid back motel type place with its own beach, and cottages in the grounds too. You can take out kayaks and paddle boats free of charge from the hotel and there is a dock to swim/ snorkel or fish from. Grounds are lovely with tables, chairs hammocks etc and lots of birds and lizards wondering around. Very lovely, laid back if a little dated in places.
katiebaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 17, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
The Bairn
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by amandajane10 View Post
Some lovely hotels there
Hope so, supposed to be a cheap trip this visit and hasn't quite worked out like that for some reason!
East coast USA since '92 - Rosen Centre, Wyndham, Marriott World Center, Championsgate Villas, Peabody/Hyatt, Hyatt Grand Cypress, Yacht Club, Beach Club, WDW Dolphin, Animal Kingdom, Gran Destino, Hard Rock, Royal Pacific, Sapphire Falls, Key West, Hollywood Beach, Miami, St Petes, Sandpearl, AMI x24, Caribbean cruises, Smokey Mountains, Nashville.
The Bairn is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List