Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 21 Mar 17, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
howardfamily
Excited about Disney

planning

Hi,

How does everyone plan?

I LOVE TO PLAN!

It is the best part of the lead up to a WDW holiday!

I usually create a spreadsheet and laminate it and take it with us.

However I wondered if anyone has another way of planning, never know it might work better than my ideas! Always looking for new inventive ways to plan.

Yes I am training to be a Primary School Teacher. Planning is my thing

So does anyone have a specific way they plan there trips?

Megan x
DLP (Mother/Daughter - 2019
Cruise on Dream / Pop Century 31st Wedding Anniversary- 2019
howardfamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 17, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Im a planner as well and i have to do it all myself. Have done a spreadsheet for May. We are not doing Disney this year apart from 1 day in AK so i have hardly any fastpasses to do. I feel a bit lost now im all done lol.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 17, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
howardfamily
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by amandajane10 View Post
Im a planner as well and i have to do it all myself. Have done a spreadsheet for May. We are not doing Disney this year apart from 1 day in AK so i have hardly any fastpasses to do. I feel a bit lost now im all done lol.
We aren't going to Disney till July 2018

We haven't been since 2014 as I was in college (Too expensive in peak period) and I have just started Uni this year. As soon as park hours and the guide comes out on here I will start planning, I will probably write a list of restaurants to go to and counter services we want to try out. Then a list of other things we would like to do, I would love to do the behind the seeds tour at Epcot. I just like making lists and then working out when we can do it.

OOH I could go on, I just love the excitement of it all and some people do think I'm crazy lol but I'm not someone who has to stick to the plan we do change things around sometimes.

Megan x
DLP (Mother/Daughter - 2019
Cruise on Dream / Pop Century 31st Wedding Anniversary- 2019
howardfamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 17, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
dorsetmutley
Imagineer

I use the Dibb's Vacation Planner
dorsetmutley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 17, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Danielle24
Imagineer

Mobile

I use the notes in my iPhone to write what parks on which days and ADR. That's pretty much the extent of my planning lol
Danielle24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 17, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

WHAT - You haven't already started !
Old 22 Mar 17, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by howardfamily View Post
We aren't going to Disney till July 2018

We haven't been since 2014 as I was in college (Too expensive in peak period) and I have just started Uni this year. As soon as park hours and the guide comes out on here I will start planning, I will probably write a list of restaurants to go to and counter services we want to try out. Then a list of other things we would like to do, I would love to do the behind the seeds tour at Epcot. I just like making lists and then working out when we can do it.

OOH I could go on, I just love the excitement of it all and some people do think I'm crazy lol but I'm not someone who has to stick to the plan we do change things around sometimes.

Megan x
As soon as i get home i will be planning next years lol.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 17, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited6910
Imagineer

The extent of my planning last time was booking fastpasses

We have the DDP this time so looking at restaurants and ADRs. I'll write them in a notebook once we've decided and booked and I'll take it with me. I doubt we will plan much further than that.

Loved our Second “once in a lifetime" so much we're doing it again
Excited6910 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 17, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
zmitch62
Getting to know the DIBB

I'm a teacher and have planned the holiday 'to within an inch of it's life!' according to my husband. I just wanted to plot in all the rides and shows so we didn't miss anything and weren't zig-zagging accross the parks. I won't be bothered if it all goes to pot as I had so much fun playing about with it all.
I googled Disney hints and tips and wrote everything down in a notepad under each park, the hotel, the Universal parks. Looked at other people's itineraries by they didn't help as much, then just plotted out all the days even down to the hour on a spreadsheet. I made some adjustments when reading people's blogs and when we decided to book a night at Hard Rock for the 2 days of Express passes.
I have fast passes still to book so hopefully they will fit as planned but easy to shuffle if not. Got the ADRs as I'd planned them and we're onsite so fingers crossed fastpasses will all work out too.(Bit sad now there's nothing else to do until 60 days to be honest! )
Good luck with your planning and hope you enjoy it as much as I have.
zmitch62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Mar 17, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I think there is something about teachers and planning! I'm a maths teacher and planning is my favorite thing! I'm not even joking. I like actually writing stuff the old fashioned way so I have several notebooks, I have special pens, and I have several post it notes... I struggle with writing something 'wrong' in a 'good' notebook so I also have to draft things out first. I do know this is mental really. My DH doesn't really want to talk about what we're doing on holiday until we're actually there and usually over the meal the day before he will ask which park we're going to the next day...he's happy to go with my plan though and he does appreciate it, he just doesn't get the fun of the planning in advance!

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List