Dining report

I've already done the dining report for this trip:

Dixonsontour does ddp October/November 2016 - COMPLETE

Pre trip report

Link to my pre trip report:

Dixonsontour does Disney October/November 2016

Cast

Me Stephanie now 42 lover of disney, food and holiday planning

DH 42. He won't have his photo on here but is with us honestly. Only driver in Florida. Particularly enjoys the food.

DD Anna now 11 was 10 when we went. As you will see she was born without her left hand but it doesn't hold her back. This was her first trip as a Disney 'adult' She is still happy with kids portions so in the main we paid for kids meals and used her adult credits elsewhere.

We have been to Florida and USA a lot. It is nearly 30 times. DD has been 11 times. We first went as boyfriend/girlfriend in 1997. After DD came we did mainly disney. Last couple of years have been Universal as she is a big harry potter fan and a disney cruise.

I wanted a proper Disney trip. My daughter has been lucky enough to have a 2 week half term in October so we have got used to having our holiday then as it is the perfect time for Florida. Unfortunately she is in yr 6 and the secondary school only has 1 week. So I pushed to have a proper last disney October trip.

We booked with the free UK dining deal direct with disney and got the $200 gift card. We usually opt for Old Key West but fancied a change. From memory Animal Kingdom lodge was only £300 more so we went for it. We had visited before but never stayed there.

Flights were booked with American airlines Manchester via Philadelphia into MCO. We have flown this route a few times. We had a delay in May on this route but had already booked these flights and fortunately everything was fine.

DH sorts car hire. Think he used usrentacar to collect from disney car care centre. We used magical express to/from the airport.

I'm a planner and use touring plans particularly the busy day guide. I have a list of restaurants I want to visit. Then plan using as far as possible touring plans best park of the day/lowest crows aiming for at least 2 days per park. Then slot the restaurants into the plan.

We are always up early first few days so plan early breakfasts but no late nights. As the trip goes on we adjust and tend to do more evenings/fireworks week 2.

This was our 5th time onsite with free dining. Last proper Disney trip was 2013 when DD was 7 so really looking forward to it.

A third of Anna's class had realised the 2 week October half term was perfect for USA holiday and this was the last chance. We met up with one of her friends whilst we were there and were actually on same flight home as another (didn't realise until luggage carousel in Manchester)

Edited at 08:43 PM.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
OnOurWay
Excited about Disney

We are flying this route with AA in August. Glad it is mostly OK as we are first-timers. Can you tell me one thing about AA Economy, assuming this is what you fly - do you get earphones on the plane for the IFE, oh and did you have IFE from PHL- MCO? TIA 😊
OnOurWay is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Looking forward to the trippie
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by OnOurWay View Post
We are flying this route with AA in August. Glad it is mostly OK as we are first-timers. Can you tell me one thing about AA Economy, assuming this is what you fly - do you get earphones on the plane for the IFE, oh and did you have IFE from PHL- MCO? TIA 😊
Yes Economy. They do come around with free ear phones but we take our own. We have done the route several times and it is usually fine. No entertainment for the short second flight just drinks/pretzels.

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Looking forward to the trippie
Thank you
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Teach0778
Imagineer

Teach0778's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Having read all of your previous trip reports I'm really looking forward to this one!
Old 26 Mar 17, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by hazel.searle View Post
Having read all of your previous trip reports I'm really looking forward to this one!
Thank you
Old 26 Mar 17, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
slow.jo
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Looking forward to reading along! We're at AKL in October

Jo xx

Stewboy's Trip Reports
slow.jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 17, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
OnOurWay
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
Yes Economy. They do come around with free ear phones but we take our own. We have done the route several times and it is usually fine. No entertainment for the short second flight just drinks/pretzels.
Thanks for that - we don'the all have our own ear phones, so glad to hear that. Will organise kids with books or make them sleep on the short flight
OnOurWay is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Earphones... I usually buy spares from the poundshop ...for flights, easier than trying to get excited kids to sleep
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 17, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Diz
Apprentice Imagineer

Subscribed and looking forward to reading. Have read your dining one (in fact all your dining ones) already
Diz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List