Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 28 Mar 17, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegem
Serious Dibber

Mobile Eating at Universal

We have the dining plan when we arrive at AKL, but we are staying at RPR at universal for 3 days first. Any tips or info regarding eating and dining will be greatly appreciated. I feel like I'm an expert on the dining plan as I've read so much about it but there is less information about eating around universal resort.

The kids and OH like a bigish breakfast to start the day, so eating cereal bars and fruit in our room is a no no really. We're happy to pay resort prices and won't have a car at that point for supermarket trips.

Any suggestions or tips from experience will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance xx
sparklegem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

Make sure you take some water / drinks to have in your room as its silly prices in room. You'd probably be better having breakfast before you hit the parks but I do believe the new toothsome emporium and Hard Rock serve breakfasts. Its not great in the parks for full breakfast - the Harry Potter places 3 Broomsticks and the Leaky Cauldren do breakfast but are costly and you pay more for the experience than quality. There are plenty of burger and pizza places in the park for lunch and I'd probably choose somewhere on City Walk for dinner.
They also sell the refillable cups in the parks for soft drinks which are good value and can be reactivated for less on following days - the free style ones have lots of different flavours. Hope that helps a little bit.
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Mar 17, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegem
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for that. Any options for breakfast or dinner at the hotel (RPR)?
sparklegem is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
ailsab
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by sparklegem View Post
We have the dining plan when we arrive at AKL, but we are staying at RPR at universal for 3 days first. Any tips or info regarding eating and dining will be greatly appreciated. I feel like I'm an expert on the dining plan as I've read so much about it but there is less information about eating around universal resort.
Have you looked at the Universal Dining plan/. It's $28.99 plus tax for an adult and includes a fast service meal, a snack and a refillable drinks cup. The cup is worth $13.99 and the snack can include the large pink doughnut, an ice-cream from Florean Fortescue's, Butterbeer etc all worth $4.99.

The meal can include breakfast in The 3 Broomsticks or the Leaky Cauldron. Or you can have a lunchtime meal. Depending on what you choose this could be as much as $16.99.

If you search for dining plan on Universals website and follow the links you can find the which restaurants are included and their menus.
ailsab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sparklegem View Post
Thanks for that. Any options for breakfast or dinner at the hotel (RPR)?
Cinnabon for breakfast for me, always!
We are staying at RPR too but I don't think we will be eating in the resort. On my list are the simpsons food court for lunch and bubba gump for dinner (both of which I had eaten and before and really liked) and I am also hoping to try toothsome chocolate emporium at some point too.
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 02:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Danielle24
Imagineer

Mobile

Have you looked at the price to upgrade to club level?
Danielle24 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 04:59 AM  
Link to this Post

We are HP fanatics, stayed there for twelve nights and I had visions of eating breakfast every day in the Leaky Cauldron or 3 broomsticks. But the food was disgusting, I am not a fussy eater but the quality was really poor, worse than a 70s school canteen. The English breakfast was served with a soggy croissant!

We went to Starbucks most days after that. When we go back, I think I will do a club level room.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 06:14 AM  
Link to this Post
rasmus
Imagineer

rasmus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
The best breakfast we had was at the Hard Rock hotel, it was a buffet breakfast and there was lots of yummy things to choose from.
January 2019-Cabana bay/Homewood suites
rasmus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Mar 17, 06:29 AM  
Link to this Post
The waltons
Excited about Disney

The waltons's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Interested in this thread we are staying akl with dining plan and also rph . We spent one night in rph before - had a bowl of cereal in room and then early lunch in the Irish bar in universal. Second day we had the buffet breakfast it was fab - my nicest breakfasts of the trip but I do remember expensive
Old 29 Mar 17, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We have booked club level so we can fill up on breakfast. drinks and snacks throughout the day.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List