Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 30 Mar 17, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
What a great idea, well done!

In fact we could let him charge around with candles running from his nose and shouting at everybody whilst we totally ignored him or just shouted back as some do.

God I'm knackered! I have just been told I have to take him out in the pushchair for 2 hours so he can sleep. However this is the 3rd time I have done that this week and I have got saturated each time. And its raining again. Nooooooo
This is for you Tom (yes I have posted before but if you are a grandparent (I am) you will understand!

The women is saying "have we been burgled?"

Old 30 Mar 17, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Don't think I could ever let myself be a snob, because of where I came from it wouldn't be right! I was brought up on a tough council estate in Manchester and I was definitely working class! Poverty is rife where I am from and I was once a part of that poverty. I could not judge others for the way they live because I was brought up in it!

We've always shopped where is cheapest, that's aldi at the moment. Although I have been dreaming about a 5* holiday for a while...

Edited at 09:53 AM.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchfan626
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I think I'm a snob 😂 I've never shopped in Aldi or Lidl and hate public transport. I think the last time I went on a bus was 20 years ago! Unfortunately I don't have the money to turn left on a plane!
1995 WDW (offsite) , 1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club), 2001, 2002, 2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2004 WDW (offsite), 2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2007 WDW (Grand Floridian), 2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), 2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York), May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club), December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Room), April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge), June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), August 2019 DLP (Vienna Dream Castle), December 2019 DLP (Magic Circus)
Stitchfan626 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
This is for you Tom (yes I have posted before but if you are a grandparent (I am) you will understand!

The women is saying "have we been burgled?"

Lol I work in a shop on the greetings card section and we sell a lot of this card... it is very popular and must seriously reflect frazzled grandparents everywhere 😂😂... they are very funny cards especially the old lady telling her dancing partner who is hard of hearing that she has acute angina 😂😂😂
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post

My husband is and so, consequently, he's made me a snob too. Hotels have to be 4* or above. We travel Business Class and we dine in signature restaurants. He wouldn't expect anything less. Gets it from his mother. Once got her a signed cookery Book (Delia Smith) and she dragged it to church to show it off after the service!

Just to add - we are very lucky. Hubby runs his own company and puts in far more hours than I ever would have done. He earns his dosh and so he spends it. We won't be leaving anything to anybody in our wills!

Edited at 10:01 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchfan626
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by blusteryday View Post
I am remember a *long* time ago when I first started in my HR career, and was learning my craft from on old Personnel Manager who was an ex-Wren.

She spoke with a terribly clipped BBC-English accent, and had the most wicked sense of humour

I was sitting with her whilst she was conducting some recruitment interviews. This was long before the days of data protection etc! As she finished each interview, she would mark some of her notes with NOCD underlined twice.

When I asked her what NOCD stood for, she raised one withering eyebrow at me and said: "Not our class, darling"

Those were the days!
As a fellow HR person I love this!
1995 WDW (offsite) , 1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club), 2001, 2002, 2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2004 WDW (offsite), 2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2007 WDW (Grand Floridian), 2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), 2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York), May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club), December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Room), April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge), June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), August 2019 DLP (Vienna Dream Castle), December 2019 DLP (Magic Circus)
Stitchfan626 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Lived in the very north of Scotland for 20 years and posh bit of Gloucestershire for 30+, so my accent is a very posh sounding, soft ever so slightly Scottish lilt - which people seem to love - it gives them a bit of a shock when I speak (since I am a 50+ year old, shortish, roundish, "shop girl").

But no, I'm not posh, nor a snob - I shop where it is cheap, hotels are a bed for the night - so long as they are clean (I don't think that is snobby - just sensible!), and have never turned left on a plane.

My friend and ex-neighbour is such a snob - she moved from near us "because the neighbourhood is becoming full of builders and plumbers" - to me that is a result - available tradesmen!
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
we had a very posh regular customer who used to pronounce her name glazuck... If we were discussing her booking between ourselves we however used to pronounce it as it was spelt ... Until the day she popped in and the office junior beamed at her and said "hello mrs glasscock i've got your holiday tickets here". Ooops
😂😂😂😂😂😂
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by anna-marie View Post
I don't know if this makes me a snob but I cringe when I see pictures of Theresa May wearing jeans/trousers to church, I don't know how anybody could wear them to any sort of church service.
We weren't allowed to wear trousers at primary school - mid sixties.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
My husband is and so, consequently, he's made me a snob too. Hotels have to be 4* or above. We travel Business Class and we dine in signature restaurants. He wouldn't expect anything less. Gets it from his mother. Once got her a signed cookery Book (Delia Smith) and she dragged it to church to show it off after the service!

Just to add - we are very lucky. Hubby runs his own company and puts in far more hours than I ever would have done. He earns his dosh and so he spends it. We won't be leaving anything to anybody in our wills!
My in-•laws would often say they had joined the "ski" club which means "spending kids inheritance" !