Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 30 Mar 17, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile Ship day - what is there to do?

So, our DCL Med cruise plans are beginning to come together...

We only have 2 sea days. Of the port days, we are thinking:

Herculaneum DIY
Easy Pisa with DCL
Villefranche DIY (just a wander)

Civitavecchia - this is the one we can't decide on!

We are avoiding Rome as we want to go there for a longer trip at a cooler time of year. DCL's other options are not really grabbing us. Most other companies' non-Rome excursions are 8 hours and we only want to do half days.

So ... thinking of taking the opportunity of a near-empty ship!

We're not sun lounger or pool types and don't really want to pay spa prices.

What is there to do?

Wondering whether to do Palo that evening? Depends what else is on though I guess.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
gismo1554
Imagineer

During the day in ports there wont be a whole lot on. There tends to be a few things around but not a whole lot. If you look on disneycruiselineblog you can look at previous navigators to get an idea.
Old 3 Apr 17, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
So, our DCL Med cruise plans are beginning to come together...

We only have 2 sea days. Of the port days, we are thinking:

Herculaneum DIY
Easy Pisa with DCL
Villefranche DIY (just a wander)

Civitavecchia - this is the one we can't decide on!

We are avoiding Rome as we want to go there for a longer trip at a cooler time of year. DCL's other options are not really grabbing us. Most other companies' non-Rome excursions are 8 hours and we only want to do half days.

So ... thinking of taking the opportunity of a near-empty ship!

We're not sun lounger or pool types and don't really want to pay spa prices.

What is there to do?

Wondering whether to do Palo that evening? Depends what else is on though I guess.
Sometime spa offer special offer when you are on the cruise... Look for it and if it is on port day, .. Book it then you can relax at Spa .. When the ship at the port, all shop are closing... there is a big screen at the pool... maybe disney film there... you can watching that? Or what about Gym, or have a lovely lunch at luminaries.. (wrong spell)

Sometime they show how to make Towel etc. for fun.

Book Palo for that evening... book it early

We went to Med. with disney cruise 2007 and it was really awesome times.

Oh I wish I come lol... Love that ship and it is my favourite ship...

Scottishwee35
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022

Edited at 10:49 AM.
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post

Civitavecchia is the port for Rome as you know and as such isn't that exciting. If you aren't headed to Rome I'd stay on board.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
Civitavecchia is the port for Rome as you know and as such isn't that exciting. If you aren't headed to Rome I'd stay on board.
We went to Rome for the day when the ship port at Civitavecchia... it was a long day and hot too... We booked with DLC excursion and it was very expensive for 4 of us but i think it was worthing. Good experience for our children..

if we go back again and i think we stay on the board...
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by scottishwee35 View Post
We went to Rome for the day when the ship port at Civitavecchia... it was a long day and hot too... We booked with DLC excursion and it was very expensive for 4 of us but i think it was worthing. Good experience for our children..

if we go back again and i think we stay on the board...
Yes, we want to go to Rome another year for a few days, when it is cooler and quieter.

I think we may book Palo that evening. Maybe have a leisurely breakfast in Lumiere's too.

Thank you all!
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Hi Gill
There are a few suggestions on this
Trip Advisor link.

There won't be much scheduled to be on for Rome day on the ship. If you're not into sunbathing, swimming, reading or the spa, definitely get off and go somewhere, if only for a few hours.

A private car would take you anywhere you wanted to go of course.
Old 3 Apr 17, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
WillowFae
Excited about Disney

On the ship during the day there is always loads of stuff going on. Kids clubs all day. Various activities for adults or families. Could be tours of the ship, animation drawing classes, quizzes, movies (they show a number of first run Disney movies), character meet and greets, etc.

Every night in your room you get a copy of the Navigator which shows the programme of events for the next day. Alternatively you can look at the whole cruise at once on the app. The app is a great way to do it as you can favourite activities and get reminders.

Here is a sample one from a sea day on a Mediterranean cruise

disneycruiselineblog/wp-c...a-20150816.pdf
WDW April 94 (pre-kids) (non-Disney), WDW Oct 12 (villa), WDW Oct 14 (GF), WDW Aug 15 (OKW), WDW DCL Aug 16 (VB, Cruise, BCV), WDW DCL Feb 17 (AKL, Cruise, GF), DLP Aug 17 (NBCC, SL), WDW DCL Oct 17 (Poly, Cruise), WDW DCL Aug 18 (VB, POR, BLT, Cruise x 2)
WillowFae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Thanks WillowFae - that's a sea day though, I'm thinking of staying aboard on a port day.

I think we'll do it. We will have done 3 days at DLP, a train to Barcelona, and the previous day will have been Herculaneum. So we will probably need a lazy day by then!
Old 3 Apr 17, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post

There is usually a film showing in the cinema on port days.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List