Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 30 Mar 17, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
daisydoo
Apprentice Imagineer

Kennedy Space Centre - must do's

We are going to Kennedy Space Centre on DD's 21st birthday and have booked transportation to & from the hotel.

I am assuming we will get there about 10am and leave about 5pm so want to make the most of our day to ensure we see as much as possible.

Can anyone suggest the best plan of action (what we should do first, what is not to be missed, what can be missed, etc). This is the first time we have been to KSC and whilst I am not over enthusiastic about it, DD is beside herself with excitement so I want to ensure she has the best day out.

Thanks

Daisydoo
daisydoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
We'd not been to KSC for many years until we went last year, and it was fantastic. The highlight is the Atlantis exhibit which is so incredibly well done I was stunned. I don't want to give any spoilers, but I had tears welling up. Truly one of the most amazing things I've ever seen.

The bus tour of the site and the launchpads is also a must do.

You'll have a great time.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

We went last year too not having been for quite a few trips... Like Bozza said.. It's amazing.. Intake of breath moment... Xx

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
dorsetmutley
Imagineer

Personally I would do the bus tour first, then do Atlantis which is fab we spent over two hours in the exhibit then check out the IMAX cinema. It's a great day out
dorsetmutley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
ribena
Excited about Disney

ribena's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We got there about 10.30/11 and stayed all day and still didn't get to do everything. Bear in mind the bus tour is quite long I think it was about 45 minutes and they drop you off to another part which has more exhibits. In this part there is a great show/film set in the original control room I can't remember the name sorry. I think we missed a couple of the Imax films but otherwise were happy we had done most of it. It was a fantastic day out and would definitely recommend.
ribena is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 17, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
As others have said, I would head for the bus trip to Atlantis etc first. It does take at least a couple of hours to go round, though they don't rush you through, you can go at your own pace. Then when you come back you can do all the other exhibitions, etc. Its a brilliant day out - we can't wait to go back again in July
Old 30 Mar 17, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
I would also do the bus tour out to the launch pads first then come back to do Atlantis etc. We managed to pack everything in by doing it this way including both IMAx films.

Here's a link to our day at KSC in my trip report which lets you see how we did it. Although you may not want to read it if you don't want any spoilers, because I do give detail and a fair few photos

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...d.php?t=949676

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 17, 12:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Poppycat
Imagineer

Poppycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Atlantis.. definitely, amazing.. bus tour and an IMAX film, make time for all 3. Aim for the tour first but leave at least 2 hours for the Atlantis exhibition.

Extra nuggets for us are a wander around the Rocket Garden, some time by the Astronaut memorial, a really good browse around the excellent shop and spending some quiet time with a coffee/cold drink out on the bleachers behind the Saturn V building. They overlook water and out to both main Apollo/Shuttle launch pads and the VAB.. very peaceful and loads of wildlife including Alligators
Poppycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 17, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I wasn't sure about going last summer, we hadn't been for nearly 20 years, but we had a fabulous day. Agree with all the advice given so far. I think you will see most things in a day. The Atlantis exhibition is just so fabulous, it brought tear to my eye.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Apr 17, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
The Wardles
Having Dinner with Goofy

The Atlantis exhibit is excellent, so nice to actually see a Shuttle up close and personal, knowing it has been into space and back so many times, with so many brave souls when so many had perished in Challenger and Columbia... It certainly brought chills to my bones seeing it last year.