Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Apr 09, 12:14 AM  
Link to this Post

Anyone considering booking the new Allure

I am currently seriously considering booking Allure of the seas, it looks great and theoretically any problem on the oasis should be smoothed out on allure, any thoughts as to what cabins or setion to book?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 09, 12:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Ste
Imagineer

Ste's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I am.. But just curious as to when the Oasis launches, will her prices dip by alot and then Allure hold the prices high?
Ste is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 09, 02:16 AM  
Link to this Post

Hm,mm,. Interesting. I have been watching the prices, ATM Oasis prices are higher and have risen since going on sale. Wish indy prices would come down! (They are more than Allure for time fo year and simiar cabin type)

The Allure prices are quite good, and as I am looking at Sept 2011, when we *may* be coming out of recession the may increase more. At least booking direct with RCL if the prices drop all we have to do is call them and they will drop the price to the lower price (as long as it was not a new bookings only only). ATM there is also an OBC and a bottle of champagne on offer that sweetens the deal a little.

I *need* a cruise before then though, think i have withdrawal symptoms

Where are you cruising to next month Ste

Edited at 02:19 AM.
Old 7 Apr 09, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
carolynn38
Very Serious Dibber

I have already booked the Oasis for a Back to Back in May 2010. Again, as it has been sailing for nearly 6 months I am hoping all the 'kinks' have sorted themselves out.

Regarding cabin choice, that would depend on how many of you there are, and your budget. Personally for me, if I had more money then I would love wither an Aqua Suite of a Loft Suite, but instead we have gone for a D1 balcony on the 'hump'.

Having sailed on Freedom (and going on mariner in oct) I think the extra cost for a balcony is well worth it. There is nothing better than watching the sunrises / sunsets without having to get dressed and then go on deck.

Also, with a balcony cabin I would recommend a 'hump' if the ship you are sailing has one. These are the bits that 'stick out' either side. You will probably have to see a deck plan to understand what I mean.

Also, I wouldn't get a cabin that is either directly above or under public spaces. You never know what noises there may be, although the newer ships are well insulated between floors.

Again, I would never book a cabin next to an 'white space' on the deck plans, as you just never know what that might be. Could be where the attendants keep their trolleys etc and could be noisy in a morning.

Also, on a larger ship, you may be better off near the elevators, or if you have children, you may be better off near the kids club.

Again, if you are in a suite, it may be nice to be near the Concierge lounge for your early morning coffee.

BTW, my Oasis Cabin costs have gone up, then back down continuously. Never dropped to below what we have paid (and if it did I would claim that back) but it did rise by a few hundred $ for a couple of months.

BYW, how much OBC are they offering. Is this through RCI direct. If you book with a 'high St TA' you should be able to get about 10% off the RCI costs (exc gratuities, taxes, port taxes etc)
carolynn38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 09, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Ste
Imagineer

Ste's Reviews
Originally Posted by Amyrlin View Post
Hm,mm,. Interesting. I have been watching the prices, ATM Oasis prices are higher and have risen since going on sale. Wish indy prices would come down! (They are more than Allure for time fo year and simiar cabin type)

The Allure prices are quite good, and as I am looking at Sept 2011, when we *may* be coming out of recession the may increase more. At least booking direct with RCL if the prices drop all we have to do is call them and they will drop the price to the lower price (as long as it was not a new bookings only only). ATM there is also an OBC and a bottle of champagne on offer that sweetens the deal a little.

I *need* a cruise before then though, think i have withdrawal symptoms

Where are you cruising to next month Ste
I might be tempted for May 2011.. For my birthday.. Hmmmmmm!

As for cabin choices , I've only been in a D1 balcony onboard the Liberty. ( Which is more expensive than the freedom and less than the Indy (caribbean routes) - So that just goes back to the Allure and Oasis question.. Will Oasis's prices drop? Hmmmmmm!)
I have a Junior suite booked for next Month and a Promenade room on the Navigator in October.. Hoping I'll be ok with a balcony! Hey ho , if it means the difference between going and not going..

I am off on a short Bahama cruise onboard the Monarch next month - can't wait.

Where's the onboard credit offer? I finally got my C&A membership through.. Might seriously look into Allure.. Or the Mexican Riviera, after Carolynn does her trippie
Ste is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 09, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post

I was offered the OBC on the phone by the RCL travel agent. I can book tomorrow, as I am not fiamond . Offered $100 a week OBC, as we are looking at doing a B2B.

To be hinest we have only done balconies, (yes I agree the hump is a great position), I think i owuld miss it, but with these genisis ships there are also the interrtnal balconies, this I'll stick with the D category.

Have a great time on Monarch, I think she has been refitted recently.
Old 14 Apr 09, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Ste
Imagineer

Ste's Reviews
Hmmmmmmm 18th September 2011 - 2 adults Interior stateroom coming up at £1,100 for an Eastern iten - Not so bad I guess! But soooooooooooooo long away!
Old 15 Apr 09, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
carolynn38
Very Serious Dibber

I have just costed up the same 2 weeks on Allure (just 2011 instead of 2010) as we have booked on Oasis - same itinerary, same cabin etc and it is coming in over £100 more expensive per week, per person! I am very surprised. I thought it would be cheaper...
carolynn38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 09, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post

The prices have gone up already!

Did book before they went up, 2 week B2B in sept 2011. Long way away thought, now just need to keep an eye out for a bargain this summer, if one can be had.
Old 19 Apr 09, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Ste
Imagineer

Ste's Reviews
Nice one
Closed Thread