Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 1 May 09, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by florida-dreamer View Post
Hi Tina
we are thinking of doing something similair next year. We are a party of three, me, my husband and what will then be my 18 year old son. We have been pricing it up today and it is coming out at some ridiculous price like £8,000 pound. Do you mind if i ask who you have booked it through and how much it is costing you. Don't answer the second part if you feel it is too personal; i'm just shocked at how much ive got it to, as alot of people on here seem to do these types of holiday( part cruise, part orlando) and i'm sure they do not pay that type of price.
Sorry to have hyjacked your thread i'm just looking for some help and guidence. Thanks
Hi Florida Dreamer,This is how we have done it so far.
26.9.2010=Cruise (7 night eastern caribbean)from port canaveral,2 adults+1 child(all inc,except drinks),sailing on the freedom of the seas(ocean view stateroom)total price = 1554.90.this we booked at first choice hypermarket by our local tescos.Then we booked disneys port orleans(french quarter)for 14 nights)3.10.2010 to 17.10.2010,with a river view room+3x 14 day ultimate tickets+free dining=2173.00,we could have got one of the all star resorts for 850 pounds but wanted port orleans as we stayed there last christmas and loved it+again you then need to get your tickets on top of the 850pounds,we booked this part of the holiday through disney.co.uk.Total so far is 3728 pounds for 7 nights cruise in the caribbean+14 nights port orleans river view room,with 14 day ultimate tickets+free dining for 2 adults+1 child.We still need to get flights aprox 400 each =1200,car hire 2 weeks=300 pounds,1 night accom in port canaveral 100 pounds,so full trip aprox 5400 pounds.Hope this is of help.

Tina
Total so far=
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 09, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post

1)When we arrive at mco,is there a shuttle,bus etc,that we can book for our journey to Cape Canaveral?. Yes there is a shutlle but its about $35 each one way ($69 round trip). You can hire a dcar though and rop it off at PORT Canaveral. Only some companies do this - Hertz is one I think but you'd have to search the various companies

2)Once in Cape Canaveral,we need to book one night in a hotel,then next day get to the cruise departure point(anyone have any hotel info?). Suggestion is a previous posts

3)Once back off the cruise,I need to book car hire(either from the port if possibble,or get a shuttle/bus back to mco,then rent from there).I will then need to take the rental vehicle back to MCO when we depart back to the u.k at the end of the vacation.There are car rental sites at Port Canaveral. As in (1) you need to research thosetaht will allow you to drop off at MCO

All car hire could be pre-booked to speed up things when you arrive in Orlando.

Edited at 10:35 AM.
Old 1 May 09, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi jdybnsn ,thats great info,thanks.
Tina
Old 1 May 09, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks Judith,
thats really helpfull,you wouldnt have a contact for these shuttles would you?,a website or such,if you dont not to worry.
Tina
Old 1 May 09, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I found a lot of help on cruisecritic.com (don't be redirected to the UK site). It's a lot like this board and not difficult to navigate.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 09, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
tigger89
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by eblue43 View Post
Thanks Judith,
thats really helpfull,you wouldnt have a contact for these shuttles would you?,a website or such,if you dont not to worry.
Tina
Hi Tina

Ijust typed the names in to google and got them that way (fl tours and quicksilver transportation). We used quicksilver last year and found them great. We messed them about a bit as we changed flights due tcd going bust then our flight was late in and they were fine no extra charges. Driver was really helpful too.
Sheraton Vistana Resort LBV 2011,Emerald Island Resort Villa 2012
tigger89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 09, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for the reply eblue43thats been most helpful.
Old 1 May 09, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks Jan,that really is a good site,just been looking at it.

Tina
Old 1 May 09, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by florida-dreamer View Post
Thanks for the reply eblue43thats been most helpful.
Your welcome.

Tina
Old 1 May 09, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by eblue43 View Post
Thanks Jan,that really is a good site,just been looking at it.

Tina
My pleasure. I hope you find it useful.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread