Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 3 May 15, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
helenlovesdestr
Serious Dibber

best outlet shopping without a car

we would like to do one outlet mall, logistically that's probably all we would have time for, which one would be best & easiest to get to without a car from wdw, staying at pofq. We don't mind getting a bus or a taxi, but don't want to pay too much. thanks
helenlovesdestr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 15, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I think the two closest outlet malls to WDW are the Premium Outlets at Vineland and the Lake Buena Vista outlets. I've only been to the Premium Outlets, which has a Disney store selling past season merchandise for a discount as well as other shops. Either of these should be a short taxi ride away from WDW - taxifarefinder/main.php?city=Orlando is coming up with $24 one way from POFQ to the Premium Outlets (Uber will probably be a lot cheaper).
Old 4 May 15, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Bonjovi
slightly serious Dibber

You can get a cab to Premium Outlets Vineland, it is a much larger outlet than Lake Buena Vista and has most of the shops you would expect, NIKE, Timberland, L'Occitane, Clarins, Nine West, Oakley, Coach, Levi, Fossil, Skechers etc etc. It is a pleasant outlet with a good food hall in the middle of it. The Premium Outlets at the top of I Drive is slightly larger but to be fair both are very good and the Vineland one is a lot closer to you.
Old 4 May 15, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Vineland road is very good, but you could also get the bus to the other end of I Drive while you are in the area. I only go to Buena Vista outlets for Vanity Fair, for a great range of undies, including bras. Food hall is terrible there. I suggest you check out the malls sticky spreadsheet, which will show you what shops are where. It will depend what you are likely to buy.
Old 4 May 15, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Staying on site the last 2 years I have done the shopping trip with Florida dolphin tours. It covers Walmart, the premium outlets and Florida mall.

I found it great for a non driver and did it on my own last year.
Old 4 May 15, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Missymouse75
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Hi we too are staying in disney CBR without a car and I was thinking of taxi to Vineland outlets but I was wondering would it be worth getting the disney bus to DTD and then getting a taxi rather than directly from hotel or does it not make much difference?
Missymouse75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 15, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
SRP
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Missymouse75 View Post
Hi we too are staying in disney CBR without a car and I was thinking of taxi to Vineland outlets but I was wondering would it be worth getting the disney bus to DTD and then getting a taxi rather than directly from hotel or does it not make much difference?
I've been using the Uber estimator to get an idea of the costs. POR to Premium Outlets on International Drive comes in at $14-17, DTD to the same place is $12-17.
SRP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 15, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Missymouse75
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Originally Posted by SRP View Post
I've been using the Uber estimator to get an idea of the costs. POR to Premium Outlets on International Drive comes in at $14-17, DTD to the same place is $12-17.
Hi thanks for that doesn't seem much in it price wise, handy to know thanks
Missymouse75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 15, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
helenlovesdestr
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks so much for all your replies and suggestions- very helpful.
helenlovesdestr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 15, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread