Go Back   theDIBB > Walt Disney World and Other Florida Vacation Planning > ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants
Forgotten Password?
Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.
QuickSilver
Unread 24 Apr 19, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
stepmead
Imagineer

First time booking Free DDP - Tips please

We always do DIY and this will be my first trip planning to stay onsite - although just for one week.

Any tips? I think Ive done all I can up to this point. I know what hotel and dates. Ive been to Charter Travel, Kenwood, ATD and Virgin for quotes and Charter Travel are by far the best price but I want to see what Disney prices are like. So is it just a case of waiting to see what is released on the Disney site and go from there?

Crowne Plaza Universal (Sept '04), DLP (Dec '07), Bahama Bay (Nov '09), Eagle Pointe (Sept '10), Bella Vida (Sept '11), Sunset Crest Villa, Barbados (Aug '12), Beach View Barbados (Oct '13), DLP (Mar '15), Porters Gate Villa, Barbados (Oct '16), Cypress Pointe (May '17), Solterra Resort/Royal Pacific (July '18), Tides Inn Lauderdale, Cabana Bay & Windsor at Westside (July 19)
stepmead is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Five weeks including Beach Club!
Unread 24 Apr 19, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
THOscar
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by stepmead View Post
We always do DIY and this will be my first trip planning to stay onsite - although just for one week.

Any tips? I think Ive done all I can up to this point. I know what hotel and dates. Ive been to Charter Travel, Kenwood, ATD and Virgin for quotes and Charter Travel are by far the best price but I want to see what Disney prices are like. So is it just a case of waiting to see what is released on the Disney site and go from there?
Yep, pretty much all you can do at this stage. We found Charter beat Disney on price so went with them. Only thing to remember with Charter is the final balance has to be paid by bank transfer, they don't take credit cards for that part.
THOscar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
NYC
Unread 24 Apr 19, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Yep. Just hold tight and look at the Disney website tomorrow and next week. If youre saving as you go along rather than having the holiday cost ready at booking then be sure to check when final payment is due for everyone youve had quoted with.