Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Feb 20, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Hooray4Disney
Imagineer

Hooray4Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by maddo11 View Post
so you just add additional members after 1 person has a BP?
Yes, but you have to be in the Guest Experience line for them to be added quickly to the Boarding Pass.
2002 - Hampton Lakes, WDW. 2003 - Westridge Villas, WDW. 2005, 2008, 2011 Formosa Blvd, WDW. 2010, 2013 Hotel Cheyenne, DLP. 2014 OKW/Westridge, WDW. 2015 - NYC, DCA & Rotonda West. 2016 - Hotel Kyriad, DLP. 2016 - Toronto 2017 - OKW, Bahama Bay & The Keys 2018 - Vegas, Yellowstone, San Francisco, L.A. 2018 DLP - Hotel B&B 2019 - Lake Berkeley, WDW. 2022 - Seattle/Hawaii
Hooray4Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Hooray4Disney
Imagineer

Hooray4Disney's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lpf View Post
Surely they aren’t going to just let everyone get 1 boarding pass and then queue to add the rest of the party at guest relations?
The length of instructions alone from cast members should tell them that this system is ridiculous!
This is not common knowledge. The cast member who was in charge at the guest experience line we were in, never said that the remaining party members could be added.

We only knew this when we were served by the cast member. The first question was “Does one member of your party have a boarding pass?”. The relief was evident when we replied ‘yes’.
2002 - Hampton Lakes, WDW. 2003 - Westridge Villas, WDW. 2005, 2008, 2011 Formosa Blvd, WDW. 2010, 2013 Hotel Cheyenne, DLP. 2014 OKW/Westridge, WDW. 2015 - NYC, DCA & Rotonda West. 2016 - Hotel Kyriad, DLP. 2016 - Toronto 2017 - OKW, Bahama Bay & The Keys 2018 - Vegas, Yellowstone, San Francisco, L.A. 2018 DLP - Hotel B&B 2019 - Lake Berkeley, WDW. 2022 - Seattle/Hawaii
Hooray4Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Hooray4Disney
Imagineer

Hooray4Disney's Reviews
Originally Posted by mintybadger View Post
bloody hell. what a faff, Hollywood Studios has been one of my favourite parks. slightly dreading it now. we’re going end of August, I can’t even get a decent time go sci fi diner so I guess that indicates how horrible HS is going to be.
I’m not sure that the craziness of getting a boarding pass this way, is going to be forever. The ride has a usual queuing system in place.

The most bizarre thing is that there were about 30 cast members all standing around the entrance to the ride!

Lots of people were moaning about the system in place.
Old 20 Feb 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

I don't think I could bring myself to purposely leave my other 2 guests out of the boarding group; I would worry about getting the grumpiest cast member, who would refuse to add my husband and daughter to the boarding group

The whole thing has clearly been on mind as I dreamt about it last night Uber driver took us to the wrong park, we somehow made our way into HS and onto the app at opening only to be allocated a back-up boarding group
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Hooray4Disney
Imagineer

Hooray4Disney's Reviews
Originally Posted by Lily8 View Post
I don't think I could bring myself to purposely leave my other 2 guests out of the boarding group; I would worry about getting the grumpiest cast member, who would refuse to add my husband and daughter to the boarding group

The whole thing has clearly been on mind as I dreamt about it last night Uber driver took us to the wrong park, we somehow made our way into HS and onto the app at opening only to be allocated a back-up boarding group
We followed the instructions given to us by the senior cast member - she was really precise on what we had to do. I think because of the 35 second allocation time - party members can be added to the boarding group - the priority was to get a boarding group.

What number group are you? They boarded all the back up groups yesterday.
Old 20 Feb 20, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Hooray4Disney View Post
We followed the instructions given to us by the senior cast member - she was really precise on what we had to do. I think because of the 35 second allocation time - party members can be added to the boarding group - the priority was to get a boarding group.

What number group are you? They boarded all the back up groups yesterday.
I'm not in Orlando yet sorry, I wasn't clear - still at home, working on my game plan

I can see how joining a boarding group as an a single guest would save a few precious seconds, and I'm really glad it worked for you - thank you for sharing your experience. It's certainly tempting to follow this strategy, I'm just worried that guest services won't be able/willing to add the other guests onto that boarding group.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Hughseysar
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Lily8 View Post
I'm not in Orlando yet sorry, I wasn't clear - still at home, working on my game plan

I can see how joining a boarding group as an a single guest would save a few precious seconds, and I'm really glad it worked for you - thank you for sharing your experience. It's certainly tempting to follow this strategy, I'm just worried that guest services won't be able/willing to add the other guests onto that boarding group.
This would be my worry too, couldn’t not add DH , and only takes a second to add him ... will just have to take our chances.
Also why insist on your entire party being in the park at opening if they can be added later ?
Hughseysar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Hughseysar View Post
This would be my worry too, couldn’t not add DH , and only takes a second to add him ... will just have to take our chances.
Also why insist on your entire party being in the park at opening if they can be added later ?
If I understand correctly, additional guests will only be added if they can see that they were there at opening - so they are not waiving this requirement.
Old 20 Feb 20, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
aboore
Gone all Goofy

Is there a visible clock anywhere to tell you when it is 08:00. I'm worried the clock on my phone will be slightly out and I'll miss the chance entirely.
aboore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 20, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by aboore View Post
Is there a visible clock anywhere to tell you when it is 08:00. I'm worried the clock on my phone will be slightly out and I'll miss the chance entirely.
I think the clock on a phone would be more reliable than a visible clock. Don't phone clocks take their time automatically fromsome sort of signal? I may be wrong though!
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List