Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 21 Feb 20, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Hooray4Disney
Imagineer

Hooray4Disney's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Em4owen View Post
I don't know if anyone else has read this article. It theorises why they've been using the boarding group approach: themeparktourist/fea...se-resistances
Thanks for posting this - a really interesting read. I guess that is how they can add the guests to the boarding groups within the certain allotted time.

We do feel very lucky that we managed to ride it.
2002 - Hampton Lakes, WDW. 2003 - Westridge Villas, WDW. 2005, 2008, 2011 Formosa Blvd, WDW. 2010, 2013 Hotel Cheyenne, DLP. 2014 OKW/Westridge, WDW. 2015 - NYC, DCA & Rotonda West. 2016 - Hotel Kyriad, DLP. 2016 - Toronto 2017 - OKW, Bahama Bay & The Keys 2018 - Vegas, Yellowstone, San Francisco, L.A. 2018 DLP - Hotel B&B 2019 - Lake Berkeley, WDW. 2022 - Seattle/Hawaii
Hooray4Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
CABLECAR1974
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
We were on the approach to ToT outside the shops on the right by the first bench.

Tbh mde has been so slow this week both on WiFi and 4G I’ve been flitting between the two when trying to get additional fp and it’s just been pot luck which is working better.
Thanks for that,Bellasmummy.
CABLECAR1974 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

I don’t suppose anyone has an idea of the best place to stand is to be near a WiFi hotspot?

Having been a massive Star Wars fan all my life, I’m beginning to think it’s time to switch to Star Trek so I don’t need to stress about getting a boarding pass for a ride. Holidays are supposed to be fun and the thought of all this effort just to ride a ride is stressing me out.😬
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

We are on our way home after our holibobs here. We managed it twice. Both times we were at the park an hour early. The first time we got 127, which is a long way into the reserves. We did actually get called back at 7.30pm but we were back at the villa by then and kids were saying no!
The second time, yesterday, we got number 26 and called at 10am! So worth it!
Maybe we were lucky as it was all very straight forward,no hassle, apart from WiFi dropping every seconds minute!
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 20, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Em4owen View Post
I don't know if anyone else has read this article. It theorises why they've been using the boarding group approach: themeparktourist/fea...se-resistances
It does make you wonder why Disney hasn’t done this before. Or why they don’t do it for other popular rides that have greater demand than supply (eg. FOP)?

The weird thing is, long actual queues help put people off and reduce demand. Whereas virtual queues don’t.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
julie b
Imagineer

Not sure if I’m been dumb here...but my question is
Can I just walk up to the ride and stand in line to get on..
We are only buying a one day ticket to go on the ride..my dad is also in a wheelchair so can he go on it and do I have to do anything to get him on?
Hope my question makes sense...thanks
julie b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 20, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by julie b View Post
Not sure if I’m been dumb here...but my question is
Can I just walk up to the ride and stand in line to get on.
At the moment, no. There is no regular queue.

You need to get a boarding pass. That’s the only way to get on the ride. And the boarding passes are all allocated fairly quickly after the park opens.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Lottie2004
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Hi, on Saturday 22nd Feb - we were in the park for opening and nearly gave up as the WiFi was terrible - anyway managed to get a boarding pass number 135 - we decided that there was no chance of actually being called due to it being a very high number !
We kept an eye on the boarding passes being called throughout the day and they were getting through them very quickly !
We actually got called at 17.38hrs - all I can say is wow It is amazing and I am so glad we didn’t give up and leave the park early as we had planned !
So there is hope even if you get a high number !
Lottie2004 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mintybadger
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lottie2004 View Post
Hi, on Saturday 22nd Feb - we were in the park for opening and nearly gave up as the WiFi was terrible - anyway managed to get a boarding pass number 135 - we decided that there was no chance of actually being called due to it being a very high number !
We kept an eye on the boarding passes being called throughout the day and they were getting through them very quickly !
We actually got called at 17.38hrs - all I can say is wow It is amazing and I am so glad we didn’t give up and leave the park early as we had planned !
that’s great news. How long do you get once you get called?
mintybadger is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 20, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Lottie2004 View Post
That's really encouraging, thanks for posting.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List