Notices

Old 12 Sep 17, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
BahamaBayLisa
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 10
Hi. Whilst Bahama Bay is officially classed as being in Davenport, we are actually much closer to Kissimmee.

The Resort did get a bit of a battering, just like everywhere else in the region, but we have come off quite lightly really. Some of the roofs have lost their shingles and soffits, and several trees have been uprooted. However our fantastic management team were out and about early yesterday morning assessing the damage and clearing up. The resort has power and remains open, but like everywhere, it is going to take a couple of days to clean up.

I'm sure by the time you arrive in a few weeks everything will be back to normal, almost as if nothing had happened😬

** DIBB advert ** Personal website **
Discounted Rates for DIBBers - please just ask!
BahamaBayLisa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 17, 07:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Moogu View Post
So glad to hear that everyone is ok!

Just wondering if anyone is in the Davenport/Tuscan Hills area?
Due to stay at Bahama Bay in a few weeks so was just wondering how bad the damage is.
Can't seem to find any news for that area online...
I would be anxious to know too... sounds like all is good thank god... hope you have a wonderful holiday!
Old 13 Sep 17, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Moogu
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by BahamaBayLisa View Post
Hi. Whilst Bahama Bay is officially classed as being in Davenport, we are actually much closer to Kissimmee.

The Resort did get a bit of a battering, just like everywhere else in the region, but we have come off quite lightly really. Some of the roofs have lost their shingles and soffits, and several trees have been uprooted. However our fantastic management team were out and about early yesterday morning assessing the damage and clearing up. The resort has power and remains open, but like everywhere, it is going to take a couple of days to clean up.

I'm sure by the time you arrive in a few weeks everything will be back to normal, almost as if nothing had happened😬
Thank you for the update, I'm pleased to hear that people are ok and have power. It does feel wrong taking a holiday in an area that is trying to get cleaned up after a hurricane, like we are being insensitive really.

I thought Bahama Bay looked as though it should be more under Kissimmee rather than Davenport. On previous visits I have always stayed in Disney or I-Drive hotels so having a condo will be a new experience 🙂
Moogu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 17, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Moogu
Trading Disney Pins

Originally Posted by Ciano View Post
I would be anxious to know too... sounds like all is good thank god... hope you have a wonderful holiday!
Thank you
Moogu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
love life
Getting to know the DIBB

I have a property on Bahama Bay and we have been told that BB is open to guests, all condos have electricity, wifi and tv service.
Pools remain closed at moment. plus a limited food and beverage menu

We come off very lightly compared to some people losing their homes.
love life is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 17, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
goldenoldie
Imagineer

Mobile

So glad all ok we go to Bahama bay in just over three weeks , didn't want to post anything before has I didn't want to feel insensitive to everyone 😘👍🏻
goldenoldie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 02:08 AM  
Link to this Post
ianc
Apprentice Imagineer

Not according to Google Maps! It is approx 12 miles to the centre of the City of Davenport and 15 miles to the centre of the City of Kissimmee.

'Davenport' can refer to 2 different things. First, the City of Davenport which is on the US17/92. However, the unincorporated parts of the north east part of Polk County have a 'Davenport' address. Therefore, both BB and RP have Davenport addresses and in that sense are 'in' Davenport.

Similarly, 'Kissimmee' can refer to the City of Kissimmee which is way down east on the US192 next to Lake Toho, but unincorporated areas of Osceola county have a Kissimmee address.
Whilst visitors use community names, the Postal Service doesn't: just the road name and 'Davenport' - not 'Regal Palms'. Most of the villa area is not incorporated (i.e. not in a City) - the exception is those down in Haines City (e.g. Southern Dunes).

The same applies to Clermont in Lake County, where Cagan Crossings is. The 4 Counties of Lake/Orange/Osceola/Polk meet on the US192 between Publix at Summer Bay and Westside Blvd - hence the area is sometimes called 'Four Corners'. It may be a bit confusing to the uninitiated, but knowing your geography is important when Lake/Orange/Osceola all had curfews during the hurricane whilst Polk didn't - so BB and RP could still move about if they wished provided they didn't go across the border.

I am sure you all know that WDW is the City of Bay Lake and the City of Lake Buena Vista.
ianc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
BahamaBayLisa
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 10
Full power has been restored the main pools at Tradweinds and the splashpad should be open this morning, the small pools are already open.

The tradewinds restaurant should be open later today.

** DIBB advert ** Personal website **
Discounted Rates for DIBBers - please just ask!
BahamaBayLisa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 17, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
dogken
Imagineer

We are staying across thr road from you in VistaPark and looks like we'll be arriving on the same day, I got a call from our villa owner Caroline on Wednesday and she said that the villa is okay but the downstairs twin bedroom has some slight water damage when a piece of the bay window ripped off, as the villa is 5 bedrooms and we only need 3 of them it shouldn't effect us.
She said that the resort got away quite lightly compared to others.
Old 15 Sep 17, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Full power has been restored the main pools at Tradweinds and the splashpad should be open this morning, the small pools are already open.

The tradewinds restaurant should be open later today.
Great to hear, thank you for updating everyone
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List