Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 3 Apr 18, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
syber32
Serious Dibber

A quick Easter Weekend Trip to DLP - Day 1

Hi

DH and I spent Easter weekend at DLP. As we are Infinity Pass holders we had travelled out for the 10th Anniversary of the Tower of Terror evening that was exclusive to Infinity pass holders (although it was a ticketed event) I cant remember how much I think it was about £55 for the both of us.
This time we were travelling by Eurostar so we made the long haul from Cornwall up to the Premier Inn at Gravesend on Thurs 29th after work and caught an early 7.04am train from Ebbsfleet on Friday 30th.

I didnt take any pictures on the Eurostar on the way out as we were both we didnt get to the Premier Inn the night before until about 1030pm

We were in standard premier though and we were served breakfast of croissant, roll, yoghurt and coffee which was very welcome. I did notice the train seats were different to the last journey we made in standard premier - I think this may have been the older train or not refurbed as it was quite worn looking but the seats were different and much more comfortable.

This is a pic from the return journey - same seats though

We arrived in Lille Europe about 10 mins late - crossed over to Lille Flandres and our train was already on the platform. We boarded and about 15mins later we were off.

This train was very comfy and I read and DH slept again.

We arrived in Marne La Vallee at about 1130am. We went straight to the Hotel - we were staying at the Cheyenne, we decided walk through the village and get a coffee on the way.

We checked in no problems a room was ready for us. We have stayed at the Cheyenne a few times and have always found it reasonable and I like the themeing.

Ignore DH on the bed

The view from our window - we were in Butch Cassidy building.

We decided we would go into Disneyland Park for a mooch round to see how busy it was then come back to the Hotel for a before heading to the TOT party that night which was starting at 8.30pm.

Some nice spring decorations in Disneyland Park.

We had a wander around all the lands then decided to get some food, it was very busy - we knew it would be as we came out last Easter weekend and it was manic but as we have been so many times and will again we dont feel the need to rush round and cram everything in which is nice. We eventually settled on Cafe Hyperion for a burger at around 4pm as it was the place with the least queues.

We then took a slow walk back to the Hotel and had a rest.
Before we knew it we had to get ready, the theme was 1930s - Id say my costume was more late 30s early 40s but actually at the party it was 20s-40s costumes - lots of people dressed up which was really good and made it such a good atmosphere.

On arrival at the Studios we were handed a shopper bag each with Invitation and programme and TOT luggage tag.

At 9pm there was a TOT projection show
Some stills from the show

There were character actors all around and in the Tower of Terror outside and in the lobby dressed in 1930s costume, a maid in the library and maintenance man in the basement area. It was really good and it would be great if they did this on a regular basis.

We went on the Tower of Terror first of course. Then we went round to Crush Coaster for a few goes and then to R C Racer and Rock N Roller Coaster again a few times on each. When we went past Ratatouille it was shut which was surprising as it was on the program as being open but hey ho. We also had our Photo taken at the Photo point that was set up.

There was a DJ but given the occasion I think a big band type entertainment would have been more appropriate - it was very cold though and dancing around did keep you a bit warmer. Luckily the rain held off.

We left at about 11pm as we were very tired and it was getting colder. We managed to hop on a bus from the station which was good. We actually took the bus to the Santa Fe as no Cheyenne bus was in - it was an easy walk from there across the bridge to our room. We had a great time we and look forward to the next one.
Thanks for reading
syber32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 18, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Noodle500
Imagineer

Like the pics
Noodle500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 18, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsCupcake
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

looks like great fun, i love the aristocats decorations!
MrsCupcake is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 18, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Lovely photos, loving the outfits too.
How do you rate the infinity pass? Good value? I just ask as I'm getting one in July as I'm planning to be in dlp at Halloween. Are the discounted room rates Good? Sorry for all the questions.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 18, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
syber32
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by nursetina View Post
Lovely photos, loving the outfits too.
How do you rate the infinity pass? Good value? I just ask as I'm getting one in July as I'm planning to be in dlp at Halloween. Are the discounted room rates Good? Sorry for all the questions.
Hi
The infinity passes work out great for us as we go a fair bit. We've had hotel discounts of between 40-60%. Some times we do stay off-site though as you still get magic hours. The pass works well for us for the food and shop discount and the preferred fireworks viewings but we have only done this once. Also it's nice to have the photopass too especially when we go with family and friends. There are some good discounts to be had for family/friends on daily park tickets too.
syber32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List