Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 1 Jun 18, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Elise79
Imagineer

We always book DVC first for our planned dates then I wait for a flight sale to book flights.

Due to leave restrictions at work and school holidays this works for us as we end up with fairly fixed dates.
Elise79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 09:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Flights first as we book them 18 months in advance then book home resort at the 11 month window

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 18, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
dopeymo
VIP Dibber

Who do you book flights with that far in advance. I thought most only realised flights 11 months before flying date.
Thanks
dopeymo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 18, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

I am definitely in a minority here. Book value rooms at AK at 11 months then at seven months play around with the flights and dates already booked and add another hotel at seven months.
Hate staying in one place so tend to book two to three hotels for our stay. That's the joy of owning DVC. This year we booked a 2 bed at Copper Creek at seven months to add to our Animal Kingdom booking.
Sometimes we have had to tweak the booking if we find really good flights.
Never had a problems with flights but we do travel out of school holidays so not so busy and more choice.
We often travel in September but are finding because of food and wine festival it is getting increasingly difficult getting the more popular or smaller hotels at seven months especially studios.
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 18, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dopeymo View Post
Who do you book flights with that far in advance. I thought most only realised flights 11 months before flying date.
Thanks
I think it's possible to book charter flights and fly drives earlier. We never do that so book when scheduled flights are released (11 months before).
Old 2 Jun 18, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MissPiggy2012
VIP Dibber

I book the accommodation first as it is released before scheduled flights, never had a problem getting flights for the dates we wanted and it is easy to move the DVC booking round if required.
Old 4 Jun 18, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Depends on time of year.
Summer, flights first. I know I can get my 1 bed accommodation at 7 months no probs, so don't book DVC until 7 months out.
If I was going at Xmas, I'd be booking my accommodation at 11 months out.