Notices
Guest Services Site Questions, a tech query or just want to test something.

Old 2 Jun 18, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

iPad storage

Ive had my iPad years and just recently it's started saying storage full.
I don't have any games except sims on it, and i don't have apps like Instagram or anything as i have an iPhone. The only thing i really use it for is the DIBB and Facebook.

It keeps telling me to manage my storage but I don't know how to. I worry that if I delete music from my iPad it will affect my iPod/iPhone.

Please could someone advise how I free up space without loosing stuff.

Pictures I have are on Facebook so, if I don't actually have that many on my phone and I don't have videos or anything.

My iPad runs so slow and I think this is the issue.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 18, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mine says the same when I go into photos and is also quite a few years old. However when I go into settings>general>manage storage I still gave lots left so I figured it was a bug somewhere!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 18, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Settings general manage storage will tell you what’s using up your storage.

If it’s photos then I can explain how to use Google Photos to release the space.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 18, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
dogken
Imagineer

It's probably your free apple icloud storage that is full, you get 5gb free from apple.
Old 2 Jun 18, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
You can buy something like this. I got mine in Costco
Colette-S is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 18, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Mine says the same when I go into photos and is also quite a few years old. However when I go into settings>general>manage storage I still gave lots left so I figured it was a bug somewhere!
Are you sure that it's not saying that your iCloud storage is full (or almost full)? Same applies to the OP.

The iCloud storage is something very different to your iPad storage. You get 5GB of free iCloud storage and can upgrade to more storage for a monthly fee (79p a month for 50GB, I think). You can choose not to store things on your iCloud account - by default your iPad will probably be storing photos, backups and a bunch of other stuff to your iCloud.

To the OP, go to "Settings > General > iPad Storage" and see what storage you have. They'll be a coloured bar at the top showing you which things are using up your storage. Then, underneath that there will be various options to "manage" your storage. For example, you can select various apps and delete them. See here for more info:

support.apple/en-gb/HT201656

If you have too much music on your iPad then you can remove the music from your iPad and not affect your iPhone. I have (nearly) all my music on my iPhone but very little on my iPad. Just make sure you "Remove" and don't "Delete from Library" or similar, because that deletes it everywhere (I think). See here for more info:

support.apple/en-gb/HT201323#iOS

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List