Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 13 Jun 18, 02:53 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

Pin trading on dcl

Hello, we’re going on our first Disney cruise next year (Disney magic to Norwegian fjords in August). My oh has somewhat unhelpfully got my son involved in the whole pin collecting thing - I say collecting rather than trading as so far it seems to consist of looking very sweetly at cast members until they give him one and say not to worry in return

Which leads to my question - is pin trading a thing on dcl, or should we leave the lanyards at home?

Thanks x
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Bats
Disney Cruise Line VIP!

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Do you want me to say leave them at home?

Joa

Just in case you're still thinking of the answer to that - yes they do have pin trading, but it is not like the parks. On your cruise there will be one Officer Pin Trading event - a one hour time, normally in front of the shops by the Walt picture in Preludes - this event sees the ships officers, around 5-7 of them put lanyards on and trade.

It is NOT the best experience and you will find adults shoving children out of the way in the hope of grabbing a DCL pin that the officer may have. Honestly, I would steer clear of that event.

A better option for him is just to go into the shops and ask to see the pin trading folder. He will need to actually swap though ok - one for one. They also have a book at guest services.

Joa
Old 16 Jun 18, 03:48 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you! I worry about encouraging them to leave them at home... may only encourage buying more as theres no reminder of just how many pins they have!

It doesn’t sound the best of experiences so thank you for the heads up x
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

One of Gopherlass’ trip reports describes her son’s experience at the officer pin trading event, it does not look pretty I don’t know why Disney doesn’t schedule a kid’s only event, perhaps the officers could visit the onboard kids clubs.
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List