Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 18 Jun 18, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Singapore, cruise and Bali. Day 1 and 2, travel days.

Ok, I'm home
Arrived back late Saturday and as I booked an extra days holiday so I can do the washing of course I am sat here in bed with a cup of coffee and toast, doing a quick trippie for you.
We had the best time and I can't believe it is all over, however here is a brief report with pictures.
I will put each day as a new post.

Cast consists of me, Tina, chief planner, well only planner, everyone just follows my lead and are happy to do so.
My DH, Mark, whose 60th Birthday is one of the reasons for the trip.
Dd charlotte, who is 27 whilst we are away.
Ds, Ben.

Saturday 2nd June/Sunday 3rd June. Travel days.

Drove the 2 hr trip to heathrow, parked in long stay car park and caught bus to t3, then Heathrow express to t5.
We weren't hungry so popped into Wetherspoons for a quick holiday drink to set us in the holiday mood.

Charlotte and I then left the boys in pub, whilst we looked around the shops. Char bought a few bits but I was hanging on to my money. When coming out if Harry potter store, we saw lots of England rugby tops and realised it was the England rugby team! We are all big rugby fans so we followed Owen Farrell through the airport and went and got the boys, who totally fan boyed and got a few selfies

The team were flying out to Johannesburg.
After that excitement it was time to board for the 13 hr flight to singapore. We flew direct with BA. Nice plane, good flight, but loooooong!
Arrived in Singapore around 4pm local time sun 3rd June. They are 7 hrs ahead. Chars birthday today but as most of it on plane, very low key.
Bit of a disaster with the transfer that was booked by ta, didn't turn up! Lots of phone calls, rude man putting phone down on us, we had to get a taxi (more on this debarcle later)
Stayed at copthorne kings hotel on havelock road, lovely hotel. As it was now about 7pm we dumped cases and walked out into the humidity. It was like walking into a sauna. We walked over the bridge and down the riverside to Clark quay, it's really beautiful, but sorry no pictures as I was so tired by then. We ate in a Mexican restaurant, which was nothing special and cost over £100 for 4 meals and 4 drinks, but we couldn't be bothered to search for better so ate and returned to the hotel for a much needed sleep. Thank goodness throughout this holiday for air con!

Edited at 03:43 PM.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Good start!

My hubby would have been overjoyed to see the team! But yes it is a LOOOONG journey isn't it.

I know, the humidity was off the scale wasn't it!
It really was like being in a sauna. I was thankful for air-con too!
Did you hear the birds in Singapore? I was amazed at how they sounded like jungle birds!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 18, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi cloverlady, yes I have never appreciated air con more in my life.
No I have to say, I didn't really hear many birds, in fact I commented I expected to hear insects, birds etc but didn't... very strange.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List