Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 16 Jun 18, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

"On Our Way" April 2018 - Day 4 - Rest & Disney Springs

Day 4 - Rest & Disney Springs

I’m writing today from memory and looking at photos as I stupidly managed to delete my notes and cannot find any way of getting them back! Luckily it was just a rest day today and we didn’t do a whole lot.

We all had a bit of lie in which was very much needed. I’m quite an early bird at home, however everyone else is not! I was first up around 8am I think, so I grabbed some breakfast, popped capital radio on through my Bluetooth speaker and sat outside in the beautiful sun having my breakfast. Over the next hour or so everyone else joined me.

We just had a bit of a quiet morning, we used the pool and this was the day we discovered the pool was warmer in the morning as the sun shone on the back of the villa at this time, by the afternoon the sun had moved round and it just wasn’t a warm. After a swim, we all got ready to head out for a bit of shopping.

Matt plays Ice Hockey at home and he wanted to buy a new stick whilst we were here, so we headed over to Apopka to The Ice Den. It wasn’t something that particularly interested me but had a quick browse with him, then Mum & I went and grabbed a coffee and sat outside. Within 10 minutes or so he was out and had a new stick! Good job we got that upgrade on the car because I’m not convinced it would have fitted in the car we’d originally booked.

We then headed to Joann’s. Mum is very creative and loves anything sewing. I really like doing a scrapbook everytime we come back but you just cannot get the Disney stuff in the UK, I used to get it all from Michaels but decided I’d try Joann’s this time. There wasn’t as much stuff as I’d previously got in Michaels so I picked up a few stickers but decided I’d try Michaels later on in the holiday. What I should have done was ordered online at this point and collected in store as there was much more online! Mum got some lovely Disney material and some with sewing machines etc.. on. We managed to find a voucher for some money off one full priced item too. All you have to do is sign up for their free wifi in store and you get a voucher sent to you.

After this we decided we’d called at the Vineland Road outlets on the way back, we still had time as it was early afternoon. We drove round every single car park there and there was not one single space. Why have they changed half of the flipping car park to valet paid parking?! There was no-one in these spaces! Ridiculous. So we gave up on that idea and headed back to the villa. We made a plan to head out a little earlier to Disney Springs instead for a wander before our 7:30pm reservation at House of Blues.

We had a bit of a relax when we got back again then got ready to head out.

We got to Disney Springs around 6pm, WOW this place has changed! I barely even recognised it. I just cannot believe what they’ve done with the place. It is so lovely. We browsed World of Disney, took a few photos and then just wandered down slowly to House of Blues. House of Blues was a really lovely meal, we’ve never eaten before but I’d definitely go back. I had the grilled chicken burger without my receipt I have no idea what everyone else had...sorry! I’ll try update this when I’m back in Leeds and can look. I do know that everyone really enjoyed their meals though. I had Sangria, Matt had the Bumble Bee (which can with a HOB glass to bring home), Dad had a beer and Mum had a cocktail but I can’t remember which and even looking at the menu nothing is standing out to me! Cocktails were all around $12/$14 dollars, beers around $7 and our meals were all under $20. Not as cheap as the likes of Outback or Texas Roadhouse but worth every penny. We’ve never really done any dining in Disney before – only QS and so far this holiday we’re on our 3rd! We’re enjoying it, really nice to eat at different places.

Afterwards there was a band on outside so we ordered a couple of drinks from The Smokehouse, it’s a little QS place just outside HOB. Dad & Matt had beers, I had a frozen cocktail and Mum just had a Coke. It was really nice just sat listening to band playing having drinks and watching everything going on. Definitely something I’d recommend doing. Dad and Matt also discovered when we came out that SUM 41 were playing on Monday 7th a couple of days before left. At only around $20 a ticket they decided to buy two as both of them really like their music Mum & I would shop that night.

We left around 10/10:30pm I believe, cuppas outside again and then bed. Epcot tomorrow!

Edited at 09:39 PM.
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I think you deserved a bit more of a relaxed day as the last few days have been pretty full on. It sounds like you had a lovely evening at DS.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 18, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I think you deserved a bit more of a relaxed day as the last few days have been pretty full on. It sounds like you had a lovely evening at DS.
I find shopping very relaxing, not sure my Dad & Matt agree though Although we packed a bit into this day, it was a nice break, nice to part of Orlando that we've never seen before too and DS that evening was lovely
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 18, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A nice relaxing day

Joan
Old 20 Jun 18, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

How did Matt get his hockey stick home?

I agree that shopping counts as a relaxing activity!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 18, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
How did Matt get his hockey stick home?

I agree that shopping counts as a relaxing activity!
With great difficulty! Virgin's website wasn't very clear. He thought it could be attached to his bag as it's a proper hockey bag, when we turned up at Check In (the woman was being funny anyway with other people) but eventually agreed to check it in separately free of charge. It took Matt showing her the website though, which definitely wasn't clear.