Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 19 Jun 18, 06:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa-72
Imagineer

Lisa-72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile Booking Honeymoon, what name?

Due to be married next June, honeymoon one will be straight afterwards in Anglesey.
Have convinced DF that we go away 3 months later, here’s the dilemma, do I book in my current name which matches my passport or do I book in what will be my married name as I will hopefully had my passport back after the name change?
I’ll be giving them approx 11 weeks to change my name over the summer.

Sssshhhh it was a secret, March 2010 Econo Lodge 1st Visit
Lisa-72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
baboons
Apprentice Imagineer

Congratulations!

So three weeks is standard, it's often quicker but June/July is peak time. You could always pay extra for an urgent on the day appointment.

However, you need to consider your ESTA. Most people will recommend getting your ESTA before significant outlay, or risk being stuck with non-cancellable arrangements costing thousands. If you change your passport, you'll need a new ESTA too.

Whilst you may think there's no chance you won't get an ESTA, a simple selection of the wrong answer could lead to a rejection and the need for a Visa - which will take many months not weeks.

So I'd recommend getting your ESTA, booking your trip and changing your passport when you come back.
baboons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

whatever name will be on your new passport surely ?

using passport as ID for say CC will need to match as well
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
anji
VIP Dibber

My daughter is getting married next month (eek!) and going to Mexico in November on her honeymoon. She's booked it in her maiden name. It doesn't matter which name you travel under as long as it all matches.

Index to all trip reports here https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...3#post15913083
Seattle to San Francisco
Road Trip Florida 2017
New England Road Trip 2019
Florida Road Trip 2022
Canada/Pacific NW Road Trip 2022
Cyprus Chill week May 2023
Road Trip California & Arizona 2023
anji is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa-72
Imagineer

Lisa-72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Mobile

Changing your name means applying for a brand new passport 😡

Sssshhhh it was a secret, March 2010 Econo Lodge 1st Visit
Lisa-72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
redredshopper
Imagineer

I had my passport in my maiden name for about 8 years after getting married as I was too tight to change it. I just booked flights in my maiden name most other things were in my married name and I just took my marriage certificate along with me.
Old 19 Jun 18, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
GrumpyDopey&Me
Imagineer

GrumpyDopey&Me's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I would just book in your passport name. I got married in 2010 and still using my old name until I changed in 2012.
GrumpyDopey&Me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Book in your name now. It'd be too stressful getting a passport then an Esta. Who will know anyway whether you are married or not?
Old 20 Jun 18, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by redredshopper View Post
I had my passport in my maiden name for about 8 years after getting married as I was too tight to change it. I just booked flights in my maiden name most other things were in my married name and I just took my marriage certificate along with me.
I did this too and then later travelled on married name passport even though I was divorced and gone back to my maiden name.

As long as it all matches why waste money to change?
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
*supersal*
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Originally Posted by redredshopper View Post
Exactly what I did. I didn’t want to fork out another £70+ when there was still 8 years left on it. I just make sure that all foreign travel was booked in my maiden name.
*supersal* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List