Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 21 Jun 18, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Princ3ss D
VIP Dibber

Tell me about MSC Seaside

Hi,

Looking for your help once again

We got back last week after 3 weeks in Florida doing Disney and Universal and to get over the Disney blues we desperately need to book our next holiday to give us something to look forward to

We are a family of 4 (kids ages 11 and 6) and are looking at a Cruise for next year together with my parents. We have seen a 14 night Carribean cruise onboard MSC Seaside sailing from Miami.

We have priced up an Aurea Balcony cabin but I'd like to hear what you think/know about the ship and your thoughts on how best to get to Miami as we want to fly from Manchester.

Also, if we did an overnight stay in Miami where is the best location to stay.

Thanks
Princ3ss D is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Hi
Not on Seaside, but we have sailed with MSC before from Miami and we loved it!

We sailed for a week round Eastern Caribbean on MSC Divina from Miami and we also had a balcony on the Aurea experience.

We loved it all!
The drinks package was fabulous some absolutely amazing coctails and specialty coffees, the best drinksa package we've had, much better than Royal Caribbean and Marella anyway.

The ship was SPOTLESS everything so glitzy and glamorous, MSC Seaside will be even nicer if that's possible, because it is a new ship! Ours was a coupole of years old but looked new it was SOOO smart.

There are other benefits with Aurea, priority boarding and anytime dining which we used, but other stuff we didn't use like free massage in spa and use of special sun area on deck.

All in all it was a fabulous experience and we love MSC so much we are booked on Meraviglia next year and wouldn't hesitate to go anywhere with them.

A nice touch MSC do is to play 'Con Te Partiro' ('Time To Say Goodbye) by Andrea Bocelli on each and every sailaway Up on deck in the sunshine listening to that with a cocktail in hand isa quite something. (Made me well up! )

As I say, not Seaside, but any questions I can help with please ask
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Forgot to say, you can fly direct to Miami from Manchester with Thomas Cook and probably a few other airlines, we've flown to Miami a few times and we now stay at Fort Lauderdale (as we didn't care for Miami except for driving up and down Ocean Drive) we stay at Lago Mar usually but there are loads of Miami hotels quite close to cruise terminal.
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Princ3ss D
VIP Dibber

Thank you so much that sounds amazing.

If you don't mind I will ask a few questions!

- the anytime dining; how does it work? Do you pick your choice of dining sitting as I hear they do 3 sittings in the main restaurant? so if we went early one night can we change to a different sitting another night? Or is it that you just fix your sitting. A bit confused by this or does as it say anytime mean you can turn up when you want?

- have you done an overnight stay in miami prior to sailing and if so where would you recommend staying?

- what time of year did you go round the carribean? I am just a little concerned about doing the carribean in July/Aug.

Thank you
Princ3ss D is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Hi!

Anytime dining was just that - you could turn up whenever instead of being tied They just led you to a table, no problem. (The food and service was lovely too!)

We usually stay just up the coast in Fort Lauderdale at Lago Mar which is right onto the ocean front, we like it there, but there are lots of nearer hotels in Miami, some quite close to the cruise terminal Some have shuttle service to/from the terminal too.

We went in April , but I think you will be fine going in summer, loads of places to get out of the heat and in the air-con on board if it gets too much outside, nice if there's a breeze though!

Have you cruised before?
Old 21 Jun 18, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Princ3ss D
VIP Dibber

Thank you, that's all sounds great and so pleased to hear about the dining as being tide to a specific time with kids just doesn't work really for us. Getting out the house for school at a certain time is a nightmare so its something i don't want to be up against on holiday

Yes, we have been on Royal Carribean Independence of the Seas before and a then Thomson ship (now Marella). My parents have cruised a lot but tend to go on smaller ships so this will be a bit out of their comfort zone! It looks amazing and obviously has loads for the kids which means if their happy we are

Thank you, we have 2 cabins on hold until Saturday so think we'll take the plunge
Old 21 Jun 18, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Haha, right I see I asked because I didn't want to be telling you about air con and getting out of sun on deck blah blah blah etc etc if you'd cruised before so I'm sorry! You obviously knew all that then!

I'm sure you'll love MSC though! We find their ships far nicer than both RCCL and Marella , they are just soooo glamorous!
Old 21 Jun 18, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Princ3ss D
VIP Dibber

I wouldn't say we are by any means cruise professionals so any advice and tips are more than welcome. I was actually worried weather wise about the rain at that time of year! But you can't plan for that, we've just had 3 weeks at Disney and the first 2 weeks were rather wet
Old 21 Jun 18, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Princ3ss D View Post
I wouldn't say we are by any means cruise professionals so any advice and tips are more than welcome. I was actually worried weather wise about the rain at that time of year! But you can't plan for that, we've just had 3 weeks at Disney and the first 2 weeks were rather wet
I know what you mean, you can't count on the weather anywhere 100% can you! Mind you I'm pretty sure it will be nicer than at home!

Let us know if you do book!

We are trying out Carnival in October and will be sailing from Miami again, but MSC will be a hard act to follow!
Old 24 Jun 18, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Princ3ss D
VIP Dibber

Well we took the plunge and it’s all booked so exciting but a long time to wait yet!

Thanks for all the info it really has helped. Have a great time when you next set sail