Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Jun 18, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Pottermouse View Post
So we have the following options for October;

Wait another month or so and miss out on the gift card and hope prices don't increase and DDP will still be offered

OR

Book for September ensuring that we will get what we want but not our preferred date

Think it may have to be the second option but is it worth hanging on for another week or so just in case they do release October?

Decisions, decisions...
I think I'm also going to book for September to lock in the gift card. The annoying thing for us is that we can go anytime but we're waiting for family to get back to us and let us know what they're doing. If they decide to come then we have to go in October around the half term as they have older kids. Wouldn't usually be a problem as Disney usually have all the dates available but it's sods law that the one year it matters they pull the dates!
Old 22 Jun 18, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
I think I'm also going to book for September to lock in the gift card. The annoying thing for us is that we can go anytime but we're waiting for family to get back to us and let us know what they're doing. If they decide to come then we have to go in October around the half term as they have older kids. Wouldn't usually be a problem as Disney usually have all the dates available but it's sods law that the one year it matters they pull the dates!
So e prices are already showing as increased for October so be careful to factor that in ( they aren’t upgraded rooms either ) . USA prices are pretty high .
Disney at the moment is a joke and are falsely advertising a non available product , as I said on another thread if this was Virgin they would be slated it but with Disney we have to be patient unreal how Disney brainwashed people . It’s simply shocking service and advertising .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
LunaNyteskye
Apprentice Imagineer

When I search, all October dates are available (limited choices though), it's if your return date is in November that availability disappears. They appear to be releasing a month at a time. The release of dates on 19th June takes you up to 31st October (499 days) so 18th July will be for the whole of November.

October 2009 Sequoia Lodge Disneyland Paris;
October 2011 Kissimmee Villa;
October 2013 Port Orleans Riverside WDW;
November 2015 Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa;
November 2016 Hotel Santa Fe Disneyland Paris;
October 2019 Animal Kingdom Lodge WDW, DIBB Villa, Hard Rock Hotel & Grand Floridian WDW
LunaNyteskye is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
So e prices are already showing as increased for October so be careful to factor that in ( they aren’t upgraded rooms either ) . USA prices are pretty high .
Disney at the moment is a joke and are falsely advertising a non available product , as I said on another thread if this was Virgin they would be slated it but with Disney we have to be patient unreal how Disney brainwashed people . It’s simply shocking service and advertising .
I agree! Very poor on Disneys part, they know they can get away with it though. October is usually the same price as September too so thats another thing hats changed
Old 22 Jun 18, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by LunaNyteskye View Post
When I search, all October dates are available (limited choices though), it's if your return date is in November that availability disappears. They appear to be releasing a month at a time. The release of dates on 19th June takes you up to 31st October (499 days) so 18th July will be for the whole of November.
There are only three accommodation options though. To be honest, I am going off Disney, I haven’t got time for this nonsense.

I was trying to book California Disney for early January and that isn’t available either. I sent a query asking when I would be able to bookand the reply was “we don’t know”.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
avabear
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
There are only three accommodation options though. To be honest, I am going off Disney, I haven’t got time for this nonsense.

I was trying to book California Disney for early January and that isn’t available either. I sent a query asking when I would be able to bookand the reply was “we don’t know”.
This is exactly how I’m feeling now as well. You can get the resort you want, but not the date. Or you can get the date, but not the resort. If by some miracle the planets align and you get the dates AND resort, you don’t get any choice of room types - club or suites only. It’s a nice way to treat customers - no real information, just rumour and CMs guessing as to why ...
avabear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
SimplyDisney
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by avabear View Post
This is exactly how I’m feeling now as well. You can get the resort you want, but not the date. Or you can get the date, but not the resort. If by some miracle the planets align and you get the dates AND resort, you don’t get any choice of room types - club or suites only. It’s a nice way to treat customers - no real information, just rumour and CMs guessing as to why ...
I understand your frustration as I am in the same boat and wish to book October 2019 but to be fair on Disney it is still quite some time away? I guess they are a huge business and should organise their propositions and promotions a little better. If I am to be annoyed at anything it's the lack of knowledge from the call centre that is unusual. The model of separating Disney Travel UK (Hammersmith) out from their main business is likely the problem. Seems they are pretty much a travel agent.
SimplyDisney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 18, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

May end up staying off site at this rate!
Old 23 Jun 18, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Pottermouse
Apprentice Imagineer

Art of Animation, All Star Movies & Wilderness Lodges are all that available for mid October

Hopefully more become available soon but I just don't get what's going on...

Wynnfield Inn Sept 00, Spring Hill Suites LBV Oct 07, POR Aug 08 & Aug 09, Sandy Ridge Villa Oct 10, Sheraton Park Anaheim 11, Scottsdale 12, Las Vegas Jun 13, Scottsdale 14, Dallas 15, OKW 16, Cuba 17, Cuba 18, Beach Club 19 & Kraków Nov 19.
Pottermouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 18, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
CarolynU
Imagineer

CarolynU's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We were going to go in October with my daughter, son in law granddaughter and baby of 10 months, but since all this messing around has started my daughter has got cold feet about wanting to go in October.
The earliest she now wants to go is March 2020 so that solid food, cows milk and no steriliser are established and the norm. If Disney continue to make booking so difficult I can see us not going at all!