Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 18 Jan 18, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
PixieFairies
VIP Dibber

Bella Italia in Lake Garda

HI everyone,
I've booked 10 nights during August in Bella Italia Lake Garda. We are staying with Canvas Holidays in a 3 Bed Moda Mobile Home.
Any tips or recommendations on what to see & do would be great. We wont be driving. We fly into Verona. Also has anyone stayed in these newer Moda
PixieFairies is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 18, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Pookle
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi, I've not stayed there but stayed in a B&B nearby. From Peschiera del Garda we took a train into Verona for the day, a gorgeous city and I recommend visiting for the day. It's only about 20-30 mins on the train. We also took a boat and visited other places on the lake like Bardolino. That was a nice thing to do.

This was one of my favourite restaurants tripadvisor/Restau...Verona_Ve.html and it's not far from Bella Italia as I remember.

It will be HOT in August, that's when we went and it was 38 degrees most days. Get in that lake and cool down!
Old 5 Feb 18, 08:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Charl_bb
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Definitely do a trip to Verona and visit all the other towns along the Lake. Also take a drive up the other wide of the lake, not as many towns but stunning scenery. The cable car up Mt. Baldo is worth a visit too. For a minute I thought you were asking if there was a Bella Italia restaurant and was going to say you were crazy!
Charl_bb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 18, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Myakka17
VIP Dibber

Sirmione castle and old town is my favourite place of all on Lake Garda. The boats are very good but shame you don't have a car booked as so much to see and do.
Old 5 Feb 18, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
ewalton1
Excited about Disney

ewalton1's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Myakka Lodge View Post
Sirmione castle and old town is my favourite place of all on Lake Garda. The boats are very good but shame you don't have a car booked as so much to see and do.
I also vote for Sirmione, beautiful place
ewalton1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Feb 18, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie2010
Imagineer

minnie2010's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We stayed there last May. Great campsite. Very big and busy. If you want to spend any time around the pool then I would suggest you get to the pool on opening so you can secure a sunbed! . The campsite is located right on the lake.

Absolutely loads to do in that area.

As others have mentioned Verona is easy to get to and such a great city.

Also you can get to Venice easily on the train.

The other towns around the lake are beautiful too. I would also recommend Sirmione like others have said. Perhaps get the ferry across to Sirmione? or you could hire bikes from the campsite and cycle to some of the different towns. There is a walking/cycle path that goes around the lake.

We did Mount Baldo which was good but we hired a car. I think the site did trips though?

We hired a pedal boat just outside the campsite for 1/2 on the lake which was fun.

There are also 2 great theme parks - gardaland and movieland in Peschiera. Gardaland is fantastic. Great theming and fantastic rides. They run a free bus from the train station to the parks. Movieland is great fun too - a bit of a cheesy universal! but they do have a couple of great rides there

There is also a great water park next to movieland.

It really is a fantastic place to go. You will have a great time.

The restaurant that has been recommended (which we loved) Vecchio Mulino is indeed virtually on the doorstep

Edited at 05:36 PM.
minnie2010 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 18, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by minnie2010 View Post
We stayed there last May. Great campsite. Very big and busy. If you want to spend any time around the pool then I would suggest you get to the pool on opening so you can secure a sunbed! . The campsite is located right on the lake.

Absolutely loads to do in that area.

As others have mentioned Verona is easy to get to and such a great city.

Also you can get to Venice easily on the train.

The other towns around the lake are beautiful too. I would also recommend Sirmione like others have said. Perhaps get the ferry across to Sirmione? or you could hire bikes from the campsite and cycle to some of the different towns. There is a walking/cycle path that goes around the lake.

We did Mount Baldo which was good but we hired a car. I think the site did trips though?

We hired a pedal boat just outside the campsite for 1/2 on the lake which was fun.

There are also 2 great theme parks - gardaland and movieland in Peschiera. Gardaland is fantastic. Great theming and fantastic rides. They run a free bus from the train station to the parks. Movieland is great fun too - a bit of a cheesy universal! but they do have a couple of great rides there

There is also a great water park next to movieland.

It really is a fantastic place to go. You will have a great time.

The restaurant that has been recommended (which we loved) Vecchio Mulino is indeed virtually on the doorstep
We are looking at visiting one the campsites around Lake Garda next year, how far away was it from a town to get the ferry to visit other places,
kathrynmc is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandobound
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We are in Bella Italia now. With small kids in the heat and no car you will probably spend most of the time in the pool. Queue at the pool gates before 9am if you want to get a sun lounger. Pools are always heaving. My kids are older (11 and 13) - we've visited Bardolino by boat, Sirmione by bus and Peschiera by foot. Kids have asked not to do any more visits to towns as it is too hot and there is nothing to do in the towns except walk around shops and get an ice cream. I wish we had hired a car as it would make sightseeing much easier. It's been 30 degrees every day since we got here so too hot to do anything except swim.
orlandobound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandobound
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We loved our visit to Gardaland theme park. They do tickets for €20 each from 6pm-11pm. No queues for anything and great rides.
Also you can hire pedalos for €10 per hour to go on the lake from right outside the campsite.
orlandobound is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List