Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 21 Jun 18, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
littlefeet1972
Apprentice Imagineer

To hire or not to hire that is the question?

Hi all we have booked our next magical trip for next August but didnt book car hire as we are staying onsite at the Beach Club so decided to use the disney transport.

Our party which are all family members consists of 15 with 9 adults and 6 children ages 15,10,9,8,8,3 and two of the adults will be 70.

HOWEVER

My sister has just found out she is pregnant and she is having twins which was a total shock for all. The twins are due in December 2018 so will be 7/8 months when we go.

SO here is my question and advice needed, would you recommend we hire a car now as getting on the buses we will have a double pram, single pram and a EVC for one of the 70 adults. Or will the buses be fine to travel on.
Also would taxis/uber/lift be able to accommodate are party and their needs.

Thanks in advance
littlefeet1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

All medical advice says no fly 32 weeks with twins.
Maybe she won't shouldn't fly.
Choice can only be hers and other half other issues seem minor compared to this.
Old 21 Jun 18, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore rocks
VIP Dibber

Eeyore rocks's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by duncanb View Post
Choice can only be hers and other half other issues seem minor compared to this.
The twins are due in December 2018,the op is going August 2019. 🙂
Eeyore rocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 18, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by duncanb View Post
It’s a non issue, you have the dates mixed up
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
duncanb
Imagineer

Dyslexia strikes again my apologies OP.
Old 22 Jun 18, 07:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by littlefeet1972 View Post
Hi all we have booked our next magical trip for next August but didnt book car hire as we are staying onsite at the Beach Club so decided to use the disney transport.

Our party which are all family members consists of 15 with 9 adults and 6 children ages 15,10,9,8,8,3 and two of the adults will be 70.

HOWEVER

My sister has just found out she is pregnant and she is having twins which was a total shock for all. The twins are due in December 2018 so will be 7/8 months when we go.

SO here is my question and advice needed, would you recommend we hire a car now as getting on the buses we will have a double pram, single pram and a EVC for one of the 70 adults. Or will the buses be fine to travel on.
Also would taxis/uber/lift be able to accommodate are party and their needs.

Thanks in advance
Normally. IMHO when staying onsite a car hire is a waste of hard earned money. However, if I were you then yes. I’d make sure you have several drivers on the insurance. That way you have the advantage of anyone who wants to return sooner than the others can, equally everyone else can use WDW transportation.

I think you’ll have to hire a bus
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
dvc
Imagineer

dvc's Reviews
TBH a trip in August when quite heavily pregnant with twins is a bit risky however it's none of my business so, to answer your question, Disney transport is great, air conditioned, reliable and comfortable. I wouldn't bother hiring a car. You could always Uber/Lyft if you needed to.
dvc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Mmm. Even a 15 seater is not going to be big enough.

It was over 30 years ago for us but I still remember that going out with young babies was a military operation and half the house has to be carried around!
To that end I would get a 7 seater as a flexible option so the newborns and family can have some flexibilty and that vehicle can be the means of transport for some strollers etc. Two additional adults can jump in with the twins family and they can be the 'pack horses' until that party meets up with the others who will be dropped off by the Park entrance by WDW buses.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 11:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Originally Posted by dvc View Post
TBH a trip in August when quite heavily pregnant with twins is a bit risky however it's none of my business so, to answer your question, Disney transport is great, air conditioned, reliable and comfortable. I wouldn't bother hiring a car. You could always Uber/Lyft if you needed to.
she won't be pregnant, heavily or otherwise, with twins... the twins will arrive this year and be 8 months old next year

Edited at 11:53 AM.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

In all honesty with a double buggy for all the extra supplies needed with twins and the fact two out of four parks are walkable from the BC as you have extra adult pairs of hands (and would probably need two cars not one) I'd personally stick with Disney transport and use Uber for any odd trips needed for returning early or catching up members of the party... through tiredness.
When my son was small I found it much easier on the transportation than loading and unloading the car and hiking from the car park , especially as you can walk from BC through Epcot to the monorail for MK as an alternative to the bus too.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List