Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 20 Jun 18, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat22
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Just reserved my outbound seats on the plane, woo hoo! X
Kat22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Unexpectedpenny View Post
Nice! We’ll be just down the river from you at POFQ.
That will be a whole different and wonderful holiday going with your grandson
POFQ one of my favorite resorts. When I booked there were no standard rooms available. But I’m happy with POR. Sometimes it’s nice to change things up a bit and fingers crossed we get a standard room with Murphy bed
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
POFQ one of my favorite resorts. When I booked there were no standard rooms available. But I’m happy with POR. Sometimes it’s nice to change things up a bit and fingers crossed we get a standard room with Murphy bed
We stayed at POFQ for the first time last year and fell in love with it! We had to book a garden view to get FQ which was a bit annoying but I didn’t really want to stay anywhere else.
I’ve just seen Disney have added in another catagory for guests to be able to specifically book the murphy bed rooms. Not sure how that’ll affect availability but hopefully you’ll get one!
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 18, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We stayed at POFQ for the first time last year and fell in love with it! We had to book a garden view to get FQ which was a bit annoying but I didn’t really want to stay anywhere else.
I’ve just seen Disney have added in another catagory for guests to be able to specifically book the murphy bed rooms. Not sure how that’ll affect availability but hopefully you’ll get one!
Yes, I’ve been told it’s highly likely, but we’ve decided to not upgrade to preferred or views. My daughter says George , aged four, will probably end up in her bed anyway !

Not stressing too much just fingers crossed
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 05:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Charl_bb
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Booked my outbound seats yesterday! Very stressful as Virgin messed up and deleted one of the children's flights. Only just got in the bubble (row 77) as I had to wait for Virgin to fix it before booking my seat allocation.
Charl_bb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Megara84
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Melissaur View Post
We're in the same position! Extra couple of nights for universal would have been £800 more! We're stretched for the 10 nights we already do have! We're May 12th at POR with upgrade to DDP! Cannot wait!
Yes that's what it came out for us as well! We decided that if closer to the time we could afford it, we would book in a cheap hotel nearby and just do one day so we can go and see all the Harry Potter stuff. You can't use FOLP on the Harry Potter rides anyway so staying in a Universal Hotel just doesn't quite seem worth it for us at the moment.

Maybe next time though...
Megara84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Megara84 View Post
Yes that's what it came out for us as well! We decided that if closer to the time we could afford it, we would book in a cheap hotel nearby and just do one day so we can go and see all the Harry Potter stuff. You can't use FOLP on the Harry Potter rides anyway so staying in a Universal Hotel just doesn't quite seem worth it for us at the moment.

Maybe next time though...
You can use the express pass for HP rides now. The only ride that isn’t on it is the pteranodon flyers.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 12:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Tiki Jo
I want to go now!

Mobile

We’re also May. This will be our first time on-site, I was only looking at prices out of interest then one thing led to another and here we are on countdown!

After a vast amount of research on here (as much as I could read over bh weekend!) we’ve gone for POFQ 14 nights with qsdp, flying with Virgin. I’ve also managed to book bubble seats out.

We’ve been lots of times before and usually my dh does the planning but for some reason this time round I am obsessed. Maybe it’s the food, I’ve already got a list of qs restaurants I want to try!

Happy countdowns everyone!
Tiki Jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Megara84
Proud to wear my Ears

You can use the express pass for HP rides now. The only ride that isn’t on it is the pteranodon flyers.
Oh interesting! Well if we do decide to do a Universal Day this would definitely be worth it then. Hmmm...
Megara84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 18, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Megara84 View Post
Oh interesting! Well if we do decide to do a Universal Day this would definitely be worth it then. Hmmm...
It is very handy to have! Though to be fair, as much as I love staying on site at Universal, last May was really quiet so express passes weren’t really necessary. I’ve still booked 2 nights next year though